• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQGLGbKB1A&feature=channel_video_title

omdz people look at the awesome **** commenced by Alpha Dash in 5 seconds! @21:25 Who ever uploaded this if your gonna separate the vid after the doubles please re-upload where the singles start (Alpha Dash vs King NDJ)

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_71eNtIMg&feature=fvsr and at 1:18 on this vid, so much destruction. We should have one of those UK RapeRape combo videos and put it everyones best bits. They usually do this for like europeans and what not but I think it would be great for UK to have one we could have it on the facebook page

and about this twitter account... anyone got any ideas for it it should be a universal(ish) account (don't allow it to get hacked or any other BullShhh to happen to it) only beneficial people should be given the password though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if melee isnt too expensive next time, i may enter it for ****s and giggles. but dont go crying when i 5 stock you all with ganon :B

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
theres an event in leichester i think, however its likely that will be a saturday too :L
ill keep yall updated
It's Leicester, I swear everyone spells it wrong... -__-

Anyway I'm thinking about hosting another tournament at my place near the end of August, it'll be melee & brawl as usual. Need to know if anyones interested cuz there was about 16 people who said they'd come to my last one then ten people all flaked... :urg:

So get the **** up to Leicester if I confirm this cuz my fests ****ing ****.

Here's the thread so read it punks: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304379

- Willz

gm jack

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQGLGbKB1A&feature=channel_video_title

omdz people look at the awesome **** commenced by Alpha Dash in 5 seconds! @21:25 Who ever uploaded this if your gonna separate the vid after the doubles please re-upload where the singles start (Alpha Dash vs King NDJ)

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_71eNtIMg&feature=fvsr and at 1:18 on this vid, so much destruction. We should have one of those UK RapeRape combo videos and put it everyones best bits. They usually do this for like europeans and what not but I think it would be great for UK to have one we could have it on the facebook page

and about this twitter account... anyone got any ideas for it it should be a universal(ish) account (don't allow it to get hacked or any other BullShhh to happen to it) only beneficial people should be given the password though.
If I get it set up, send you the password etc and go from there?

Personally, I think access should be reserved to people who do stuff for the community like host tournaments/fests or upload videos. That way, the channel can be used to advertise events and hype up videos etc.

SSB UK Twitter is up. Follow if you're on twitter, and leave me a pm or a message on the boards if you want access and why.

http://twitter.com/#!/SmashBrosUK

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I thought that was the 27th?

btw I want to say - lj/prof you guys make a really good commentary duo.

Also would anyone be interested in being a long-term serious team partner with me? Recently I've been teaming with random people and watching LJ+Tamoo has only reinforced my opinion that long-term team partnerships can greatly improve performance in teams. We can discuss stuff to do+work on and get better in the long run. =)

L-J

Smash Ace
I really enjoy commentating with Prof he makes me lololololol. I am sad however that Deathgazer vs J3ly didn't get recorded when we all thought it was - that had the most hype of any set at the tourney and some funny commentary also.

And yeah synergy in teams is super important. Me and Tamoo don't even see eachother except at tournaments (hence messing up easy punishes off eachother's grabs, etc) but we have enough experience playing together to make a difference.

gm jack

Smash Lord
And yeah synergy in teams is super important. Me and Tamoo don't even see eachother except at tournaments (hence messing up easy punishes off eachother's grabs, etc) but we have enough experience playing together to make a difference.
I've only just started to realise this since I've teamed with Crabman. With barely teaming before we beat teams of players individually a lot better than us. LJ and Tamoo almost did the same thing, with only one team able to beat them despite them not being seeded.

I think the UK needs to take teams more seriously as a whole, as a lot of people just treat it like two sets of singles. Stuff that is great in singles can be very risky in teams and vice versa.

Jolteon

I really enjoy commentating with Prof he makes me lololololol. I am sad however that Deathgazer vs J3ly didn't get recorded when we all thought it was - that had the most hype of any set at the tourney and some funny commentary also.

Yeah I definitely was upset that it wasn't recorded lol, that set was really hype and people were making lulz comments.

You guys have been teaming for ages, definitely a good example. :p

maybe alex
ok

VA

Smash Hero

It does help a lot to have synergy, more than is generally understood. But at the highest echcelons I think it is still overcome by general skill of the players. Swizzy and Me were pretty damn good taking out teams like makenshi and poilon with relative ease. But when we came up against amsah and remen I really felt like they were singling him out. Maybe it was because he was ganondorf and I was peach but I didn't feel like there was a lot we as a team could do about it.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah I got your controller now Hugo. Hope you can tell it apart cos I've got like 4 white controllers on my person now.

And yeah def go for it Alex, it really helps. We woulda been a lot better had I not been rusty with the resting haha

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I did have fun teaming wtih you at robby's house alex =)

I do take teams very seriously, but since I just got back and smashed for a whole month I just went other chars in teams for lols. Next time I wont joke around especially in grand finals :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL I havent posted that much since the tournament, only once.

I've been playing Black Ops a lot which is why I havent really improved that much in melee...but good enough to still beast everyone when i'm playing properly lol...still didn't technically lose or win the tournament but of course I proved im a better team partner then Fuzzy once again :)

Jolteon, I dont mind teaming with you next time...you teamed with Fuzzy last, now you can compare and see who's better, that's if you dont have an already fixed opinion on who's better me

It was good to see everyone at this event

Jolteon

I thought Dujuan was your long term teams partner? I'm looking for something long term lol.

Top Bottom