• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ Xanadu Weekly Tournament - Every Tuesday. Doors open at 6PM EST. Baltimore, M

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Are you going or not Ron? If not, I might sit this one out too. Got things to do, with the P:M release this weekend and all.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
it's all good guys, come if you can. No stream tonight BTW, my laptop is still at Stevfen(Bio)'s house

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Project M Demo 2 was released last night. Could we put it on the livestream tonight? It is kind of a special occasion. Maybe we could do a free tourney or something.

:phone:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
O right, it's that time of week again
Might show up, don't have anything super pressing

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
48 hours left for the special 30$ pre-register price for Civil War 4. Save yourself 10$

http://www.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar

Join players: [FC] NYChrisG, Dieminion, UVG Noel Brown, MH|AlukardNY, DMG MCZ Lud, MH|Rayray, Dr.PP, Alex Strife, Ultradavid, Skisonic, DJ Huoshen, RyRy and many more as they all battle for EVO points and the right to raise up one of our Civil War champion swords!

The action starts on Friday night with hype team (FGC) and possible crew (Smash) tournaments! Catch up on after hours exhibition matches in the 24hr Salty Suite! Side tournaments for 64/Brawl also welcome on Friday night as well as friendlies! Come play on one of the 8 arcade cabinets set on free play the entire weekend! Enjoy the multitude of food options with over 50 food establishments within 3 miles, along with with plenty of delivery options.

If you can't make it, catch all the action streamed by Team Sp00ky and Bifuteki

For more information: http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/CivilWarDetails

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318539
https://www.facebook.com/events/284773714913236/

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Anyone heading out by the Greenbelt Station this Tuesday? I'd be able to come practice if someone can pick me up.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
At first I was just being lazy, but now I'm waiting for a roofer to come lol (all that rain Sat/Sun caused a leak >_>). I didn't know he was coming till I got home.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll go anyway. I need to get out of the house, even if I'm the only one there. Maybe I'll learn brawl

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
if you're interested, then just come. That's the best thing to do. Last week I think like 5 Melee people wanted to go but didn't show because no one else looked like they were interested. King of Cereal went there by himself. There could've been like 6 melee heads

Bstuk

Smash Cadet
I'll try to make it this week. Never been to a tournament or smashfest before, so this should be interesting. I play melee, so please try to show up melee people! I want as much practice as possible. I don't want to get completely wrecked at my first tournament.

If I can make it I will bring 2 melee setups(Cube + melee) and a friend.

Do you guys need me to bring a TV?

Bstuk

Smash Cadet
Everyone gets wrecked at their first tourney. haha You don't need to bring TVs. Where are you at in MD?
Yeah, probably because they get seeded against the best players. You gotta win some before you get seeded against players your level. I'm from Mt. Airy, its about 45 minutes west of Baltimore.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Yeah ... most newbies tend to get pretty beat up at their first Smashfest with people that actually play the game haha

If you're near College Park you should drop by sometime

Bstuk

Smash Cadet
Well most people get wrecked in like every friendly too. lol
I hope i'm not like most people, cuz I do practice alot, just no one to play with. Guess we will find out how far 4 years of practicing tech skill in your basement alone can get you. haha.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Dude, that was literally me. lol I practiced for 4 years on my own, then I went to a local tournament and only beat two people who were also there for their first tournament. It wasn't really that bad for me. If you watch a lot of videos and have solid tech skill you can at least have fun. If I had gone to a tournament not being able to consistently WD and SHL I probably would have switched to Puff or something. XD

Bstuk

Smash Cadet
Well my ride bailed out on me... looks like I probably cant make it this week. I'm still calling around for rides, but its not looking too good. Guess in order to be a good smash player, you need to be able to drive >_>

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Dunno if I feel like going this week either. Traffic looks kinda ****ty cause of the rain. Guess I'll see what it looks like when it gets closer to 6.

Top Bottom