• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Cool Im a temporary debater!

As a temp debater do I get access to the whole debate hall, or just a certain topic?
Don't post yet. It's just active for logistics purposes. Wait until the topic is active for all of that.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Ill repeat my question since it wont be answered.

Why do some members not show up on the members list? The ones I searched for were active.

for forum awards, if you win, what do you get? Anything?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Suggestion: Would it be alright for members to volunteer to answer questions in this thread as long as they are correct?
Hopw do you kow that you're right? You could swear you're right, then find out you're wrong.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
marthsword, I have no idea why active members wouldn't show up on the member list. If I did, I'd tell you.

Forum Award winners get various prizes, Premium Membership, custom avatars, titles, name changes, things of that nature.

flaco, I'm not sure what a locked profile is either. I've never locked anyone's profile, anyway.

marthsword

Smash Ace
do Broomers get custom titles? I see a lot of non-premmie broomers with them.

were all members aloud to get custom titles in the past?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Also, along with jigglyppuff8's question, are the only chosen among mods?

BTW Marthsword, I think I know the answer to your other question. Since a mod tried but couldn't answer it, can I?

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
do Broomers get custom titles? I see a lot of non-premmie broomers with them.

were all members aloud to get custom titles in the past?
Many Broomers used to have premium memberships or have won contests to get custom titles. Sometimes, if you're a respected member and have been here for a long time, one of the admins is willing to do you a special favor, but it doesn't happen often.

I don't think so, but I'm hardly the vettiest vet on the boards. Also, you mean to say "allowed."

How are the winners of the forum awards decided? Also, am I a candidate for best sig of the year?
By vote. Once all the preliminary work is out of the way, Kiki will put up the online voting booths. (It's not handled through PM or anything like that.)

Everyone with a sig is a potential candidate, but funny sigs usually win.

Also, along with jigglyppuff8's question, are the only chosen among mods?

BTW Marthsword, I think I know the answer to your other question. Since a mod tried but couldn't answer it, can I?
No. All members are eligible for the awards (except the special mod-only awards). Keep in mind that people who have been members for a longer time are more likely to win awards because they have had more time to develop a good reputation on the boards. Lots of the coolest vets are mods, so mods often win the regular awards. The voting isn't fixed, I swear! It's just that everyone already knows that Evil Eye is a super cool guy, but no one has even heard of that guy who registered yesterday.

If you know the answer, go for it. BUT JUST THIS ONCE OKAY?!??

Can i request neg-rep like kaos did??? I would like that please.
Nope. You may have noticed that rep has been disabled because it was kind of stupid. Everyone just abused the system and it didn't actually tell you anything about who's hot and who's not.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
A very interesting suggestion...something of that nature was kind of already brought up although we didn't discuss exclusively giving mods/admins the power to rep and no one else. I like the idea actually, it may very well be the best idea for a new rep system yet. Something to think about although we have other things to think about at the moment. But yeah, doing that would definitely limit any abuse of rep that would occur.

But admins like Mcfox are the guys you need to convince, not me lol.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Why does my avatar have a weird border around it. You can see on the right side and bottom side of the picture there is like another picture bordering it or something. This has happened before too. If the mod who keeps changing my avatar is going to do it they might as well do it right.

I will find who is doing it.

EDIT: And the border wasn't on the original picture.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Since M3D isn't that active anymore (it appears) will they get a new mod for appointing members to the SBR?
Yes, a new mod has already been chosen for the SBR, it's just a matter of actually instating him. That is one of those things that we are thinking about at the moment that takes precendence over implementing a new rep system.

Will an avatar submission topic be taking place soon?
Not sure what you mean by an avatar submission topic.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
We had a topic a couple of weeks ago where I took avatar submissions and then Kiki and I picked the good ones and added them to the available ones.

We've got other things going on right now that, as B-Will noted, take precedence over avatars.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Hmm... sigseh? I've gotten plenty of PMs saying how cool my sig is by using the sig space limit cut off :cool:

Anyways, since I had permission from Revolutions (only thisonce though!) I can answer your question Marthsword. In your personal profile, you can activate something called "Invisible Mode" which makes it so that you cannot be seen on the "Currently active members list." But if you check their profiles, you will see that they are active or not.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
What do the Buddy / Ignore Lists do? It's cool that I've added EarthBound360 as a buddy, but what advantage does doing this have? nothing, as far as I can see... -.-'

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, if you put someone on the Ignore List, you won't see any of their posts or anything, so it's useful if someone's out to get you, or someone just annoys you in general. I'm not too sure about the Buddy List, however.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I tried to go to the Forum Nominations pagelink, and it said I had to log in. I log in, still says I have to log in. I log out, click that link and log in. But I still cannot enter. Can someone just tell me which room or whatever the voting thread is located in?

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
I tried to go to the Forum Nominations pagelink, and it said I had to log in. I log in, still says I have to log in. I log out, click that link and log in. But I still cannot enter. Can someone just tell me which room or whatever the voting thread is located in?
I don't know what's going on with this. Try again, and if it's still a problem, send a PM to Kirby King.

There should be a thread to discuss Forum Award candidates.

Mr.C for best sig. ^_^
Good idea! I'll make it right

NOW

unless anyone has any objections

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mods and admins have access to it. You can't get access otherwise.

Rubbish bin just contains threads and posts we would normally delete. We move it there instead of deleting them for archival purposes.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The majority of it is just topics made by adbots and the like.

marthsword

Smash Ace
I saw a banned member that kept posting while he was banned. How is this possible?

You might need character specific mods for something like the Roy forum, or Mewtwo.

if a staff member is inactive and is not coming back do you leave them, or demote them to a member?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I saw a banned member that kept posting while he was banned. How is this possible?

You might need character specific mods for something like the Roy forum, or Mewtwo.

if a staff member is inactive and is not coming back do you leave them, or demote them to a member?
1. It isn't possible. Chances are he was either unbanned for a short period of time while he was posting and you just didn't notice it or he was a premium member who was able to get the custom title "Banned (6 points)".

2. We are in the process of getting mods for those rooms, as well as a few others.

3. Depends.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
There's this banned person. I saw him active (the little sign that shows that if they're online that lights up was on). How?

Also, how come people with some special titles dont have their names colored?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Has there been any news about the fate of the smash rpg?
Not really. We've been dealing with other stuff currently.

marthsword said:
If you don't mind me asking, what's the deal with this guy? http://smashboards.com/member.php?u=27796 How is he a broomer?
Magic.

Earthbound360 said:
There's this banned person. I saw him active (the little sign that shows that if they're online that lights up was on). How?
The answer is AND I QUOTE:

B-Will said:
1. It isn't possible. Chances are he was either unbanned for a short period of time while he was posting and you just didn't notice it or he was a premium member who was able to get the custom title "Banned (6 points)".
Earthbound360 said:
Also, how come people with some special titles dont have their names colored?
Titles and colors are different things. Titles are a just some different text to put under your name. Color indicates which usergroup you are primarily a part of.

Zook said:
Can we get some Pokemon avatars besides Pikachu...?
Once again answered earlier:

McFox said:
We had a topic a couple of weeks ago where I took avatar submissions and then Kiki and I picked the good ones and added them to the available ones.

We've got other things going on right now that, as B-Will noted, take precedence over avatars.
I don't really expect people to search the ENTIRE topic before posting a question, but I answered that question less than a week ago. At least make sure you answer's not, you know, in the Topic Review on the Reply to Topic page before you post it.

flaco

The Terminator
on the thread vote for the sexiest mod.Are you guys gonna put ck picture up or he doesn't want to or doesn't have one?

Top Bottom