• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
What a creepy question...

I have enough pictures on my Myspace or Facebook, I just never had the time to submit one. Oh well.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't be creeped out, CK, you should be flattered. Flaco merely wants to see the sexy beast that you are.

...yeah, nvm, that is a little creepy.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
If you want to confess something go to a priest.

Honestly, if you don't have a question, just don't ask one. Searching your brain and throwing random words together followed by a question mark doesn't necessarily make it a question.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
As for my previous question, for example, I notice that Simna is part of the SBRoom, but his username isnt purple. Why?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Out of all your Usergroups, you can pick any one of them as your "primary" Usergroup, and thus, what color your name will be. Therefore, if you are both a Smash BRoomer and a Debater, you could choose between purple or cyan.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Suggestion for rep comback (if ever): Give 10 rep back to everyone, just like before. Say a poster has a sig or location saying "Give +rep, get +rep" or whatever, that member gets a warning. If they abuse that again, rep is removed from their control forever unless they prove to be a valuable member to the site, which they would then retreive it. If somebody abuses the system completely and a moderator found out, rep would be automatically removed from the member's control and the member would be temporarily banned...

marthsword

Smash Ace
Is it ok if we ask questions about individual members? I'll ask one. I just realized that Amorasaki was a 4th admin, but for the 6 months I have been here, I never saw him post, so does he exist?

Suggestion: There are a lot of really important threads in Melee Discussion that should be stickied or included in the Official Everything List, but The list isn't ever updated like the title says. Could you make a new one or start updating?

Matt

Banned via Administration
Is it ok if we ask questions about individual members? I'll ask one. I just realized that Amorasaki was a 4th admin, but for the 6 months I have been here, I never saw him post, so does he exist?
Yes.

Suggestion: There are a lot of really important threads in Melee Discussion that should be stickied or included in the Official Everything List, but The list isn't ever updated like the title says. Could you make a new one or start updating?
Like what?

marthsword

Smash Ace
Ok, thanks. I added more if you go back there.

Was diamond membership removed due to the fact that you could buy your way into the broom?

Where is Mattland?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The premium membership got combined into just 1, since almost all premmieness purchased was diamond. BRoom and SBRoom acess was removed since M3d had some objectons about the type of people who were getting in, and people with BRoom acess, either posted once or twice and never did again, or just didn't post there at all.

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
How do you give links to individual posts?

Nevermind, commonyoshi told me.

So that I don't waste a post.

EVERYBODY ADD ME TO YOUR AIM BUDDYLIST! (SeedofSorrow91)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Suggestion: I noticed Marthsword pointing out that the Official Everything Thread needs to be improved but how about I save you all the trouble and just make a new one that is updated? I'll even add explanations on what each guide covers next to each of the links. If you give me the O.K. then I can throw it together in about 1-2 days.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
How do you multiquote because I tried it but I don't know how?
Press the multiquote button of all the posts you wish to quote then press quote.

Suggestion: I noticed Marthsword pointing out that the Official Everything Thread needs to be improved but how about I save you all the trouble and just make a new one that is updated? I'll even add explanations on what each guide covers next to each of the links. If you give me the O.K. then I can throw it together in about 1-2 days.
I'd say that would be a good idea but go ahead and pm either McFox about that or the mods of the MD room, probably mic.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm the tournament director for Southern Utah-- which is an extremely inactive part of the country. Anyway, I like to update the thread with recent tournament information, but no one ever responds to it. I guess I'm kind of hoping for some lurkers to find it.

Question is: Is it against the rules to double, or even sometimes triple post, as long as it's updating a thread with new information?

marthsword

Smash Ace

I've already done it.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I meant a brand new thread, not more links. Which brings me to my next statement, DO NOT MAKE A NEW OFFICIAL EVERYTHING THREAD! I have recieved authorization from Mic_128 to create a new one and I have also recieved authorization from McFox to organize a massive project in relation to that thread. I stress that nobody even consider making a new one because you are seriously going to mess up my massive project.

If you guys just hang tight for about 2 weeks then this project can and will be a success.

Edit: If you have any questions regarding the project then PM me. If you are lazy, then just contact me on AIM.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Suggestion: On the search function, make it so that it is possible to search for three-letter words.

I wanted to look for "OYM", but it is too short of a word... Actually, it says "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : OYM"I don't think OYM is that common, is it? And it's not too long... so it must be too short.
EDIT: oh, thanks Xsyven. I see, wildcard!

EDIT: Here's a biggie: Can it please be made so that everyone can indent paragraphs!
The forum just pushes everything back to the margin.
See that? I actually indented that sentence. ugh...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Suggestion: On the search function, make it so that it is possible to search for three-letter words.

I wanted to look for "OYM", but it is too short of a word... Actually, it says "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : OYM"I don't think OYM is that common, is it? And it's not too long... so it must be too short.
Sorry for playing mod, but I hear this question a lot, and it bugs me that people don't know this exists.

The search function allows truncation.

What that means, is that you can put OYM*, and it'll search for OYM and anything else after the OYM.

I search for Xsy*, and it comes up with posts containing Xsy, Xsyven, Xsyveghuvbe, and other misspellings.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Has anyone else been having random sig troubles or is this just me?

I didn't get my priviledges taken away, did I?

>_< It didn't come up again.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sounds like something that should be posted in the Forum Upgrade bugs topic in Announcement discussion.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Try to keep questions related to SWF. And don't share WoW accounts. It's very foolish and very much stupid. If you can't wait until TOMORROW, it may be time for some help.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Duke is requiring it for his forum game

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well the fact that people aren't suposed to have alt accounts, I'd say Duke needs to rethink his rules.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
No problem, I wasn't aware it was that strick of a rule. I thought for a forum game that will last for a couple weeks it would be okay. And then the screen names could be banned afterwords. I apologize for the extra work.

Top Bottom