• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

flaco

The Terminator
whats with thewse mcfee advisory crap I cant even get on smashboards without being redirected to mcafee why
Look up a site report: Go Contact us Terms of service
Privacy policy
Home Download Analysis Support Blog About us clicksor.net may cause a breach of browser security.
Why were you redirected to this page? In our tests, this site attempted to make unauthorized changes to our test PC by exploiting a browser security vulnerability. This is a serious security threat which could lead to an infection of your PC.

View detailed site report
How to override this warning
More about exploits
Back to previous page

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Suggestion: Can we please have a 'Official Youtube Video' stickey?
Not that the pop'n lock'n wasn't the shizzle. That's the only good Youtube video topic I've ever seen here

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Would it be too much of a hassle to have a sports dedicated subforum?

I was going to post this question a few days ago but though "naw, there probably isn't so much of a need at the moment", but I just recently saw the Tennis and Squash players (individual) threads and decided now would be a more appropriate time.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
We had a sports forum and it tanked pretty fast.

People seemed to want it so bad, but not enough to sustain it's own existence.

We can leave the sports topics, but maybe condense them into 3 -4 major topics:
Discussions of Professional Sports Teams - Talk about your favorite teams, how they are doing, etc.
Discussions of Sports you play - Pretty self-explanatory, but it has to be discussed, not listed.
"Did you see that?!?!?!" - A topic of good sports moments, probably filled with You Tube Links
Current Season - This will be the biggest no doubt as it will cover the on-going season in real-time.

That basically covered the subforum as well.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
Wow. . .this is long

To the Super-upper mods

Crimson King, is quite the mod. He has been on top of things in the PRoom more so than the others due to him being online more often. So why can't he mod PRoom aswell? It seems ironic that a mod has to get another mod to close down a topic the first mod labeled as 'unsuitable'
Edit
The previous statement was in no-way ment to discredit any mod. It was ment to, however, point out that they are not all available as Crimson King made himself to be

now that im done covering my own butt

Redundant much?

To make the premium membership more premium and eye catching, why not allow the ability to view the smash senate sessions as read only?
(got the idea from C-SPAN)

like what you do to people for the Debate hall that do not have membership. A 'look dont post thing' but still allow people to know what is going to come out of SWF's primordial soup.

To matt:

The only reason that this hasnt been PMed to Matt, is largely due to the fact it'll be vitally importaint to everyone else

How do you GET TO Mattland?

flaco

The Terminator
nobody answered my question

whats with these mcafee advisory crap I cant even get on smashboards without being redirected to mcafee why
Look up a site report: Go Contact us Terms of service
Privacy policy
Home Download Analysis Support Blog About us clicksor.net may cause a breach of browser security.
Why were you redirected to this page? In our tests, this site attempted to make unauthorized changes to our test PC by exploiting a browser security vulnerability. This is a serious security threat which could lead to an infection of your PC.

View detailed site report
How to override this warning
More about exploits
Back to previous page

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
How do you GET TO Mattland?
You don't get into Mattland, Mattland gets inside you.

Flaco:
Ignore it, it's a phishing pop-up that is trying to get you to buy their software. Pop-ups keep the site afloat, and really unless you feel like paying, you'll have to deal.

Matt

Banned via Administration
It was ment to, however, point out that they are not all available as Crimson King made himself to be
haha, the only person more available than Eric is Scav! lol diss on your lonliness!

If you just close your eyes and believe, and relax those muscles, then you'll find that there's a little bit of Matt in all of you.

Yeah.

Yeah, just like that.

Welcome to Mattland.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
How much work does it take to produce a new forum skin?

Because IMO the three normal skins all look the same. The RPG skin was cool, but obviously that wouldn't work now.

I've never made a vBulletin forum before, I've only used smaller ones like InvisionFree or Proboards, and those skins didn't take very much time to make. vBulletin from what I know is more professional, so I don't know how much effort it would take.

Just wondering/asking.

I

i8waffles612

you guys should take away meta-knight up there and put a new newcomer.... just a suggestion....

I

i8waffles612

i meant like pit, zamus, wario, snake,.........

and why didnt the new server work for me... i still see meta-knight

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
How is Metaknight any less of a newcomer than Pit, Zamus, Wario, or Snake? They're all equally new. And we used to have Bowser up there, but with Brawl coming out we decided to choose a new character. This isn't something that changes every couple of weeks or so, this is more or less a permanent switch. And by permanent, I mean as permanent as Bowser was, IE when we get tired of Metaknight we'll switch him. But I don't see that happening before Brawl's release.

And Meleeruler, I have absolutely no idea how to make a skin. You'd have to talk to Kirby King about that.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
If I get one more "Database Error" message I'm going to smash my face though my screen. (I'll get picts and post them)

Suggestion 2.0 -- Switch back to the old server and get a freakin refund.

Invincible

Smash Rookie
If I get one more "Database Error" message I'm going to smash my face though my screen. (I'll get picts and post them)

Suggestion 2.0 -- Switch back to the old server and get a freakin refund.
Seconded.

Is the new server SUPPOSED to give me this error everytime I click on anything?

Maybe it is only temporary but how long do we have to put up with it?

I

i8waffles612

Indeed ( Third it)

Very annoying... probably temporary...

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
It is just me or has Metaknight changed back into Bowser? It keeps showing me a Bowser no matter where I go ;p

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Please change the minimum search length so I can search for 3 letter words.

i.e. Ken, GSC, SHL, etc.

Or would that make the earth explode or something terrible?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Sorry for playing mod, but I know how to answer Typh's.

The search function here at SWF includes the feature of truncation. What that means, is that you can search for the first part of a word, and add *, and it'll search for any word that starts with what you put before the *. For example:

Eorlingas wants to see where he's been mentioned in the forum lately, but people call him Eor, and Eorlingas. What he does then is search for Eor*, and posts containing the word Eor, Eorlingas, or even Eorlearieahfoeahfeao will be found.

Now for TWO letter searches though, I don't think I can help ya. Unless you can use **. But I doubt you can.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Can we please have it so that you can use the search function for your PM inbox?

I think I'll cry if I have to go through it manually

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sorry if you've seen this one a lot, but I couldn't find an answer by searching for it:

What exactly might someone do to make an application to the back room?

I can't find an application page like for it like the debate hall. Which reminds me: The debate hall's "click here" link from the index page seems to be broken. It says there is no such post and logs me out when I click it.

Thanks!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The Broom is usually who we think is a good poster and excellent member. You have to stand-out from all the other posters. There is no actual requirements so much as we just agree on people.

It really logs you out? That's AWESOME! No clue why it does that.

flaco

The Terminator
does these excellent member needs to be a accurate perfect speller cuz if it is I wont be able to get in cuz I don't spell right

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
We don't discriminate based on if english is one's second language or not. Like crimson said, just be a good poster, help out the site, be intelligent, don't be an idiot, and if we like you, then we'll find you.

There is no right way to become a broomer. We can't give you a criteria for it; you are either broom material or not.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I removed the flood control. You can now Search as often as you want.
You are my hero, McFox. *cookie*
What happened?

Once expired infractions mean nothing. Just a reminder of what happens if you spam or break rules.
Or a reminder of the deficiencies in the administrative system. I'll toy with the idea of renewing that premium membership, but it would help to not have to stare at three totally bogus and unwarranted infractions until the end of time.

Please change the minimum search length so I can search for 3 letter words.

i.e. Ken, GSC, SHL, etc.

Or would that make the earth explode or something terrible?
It must. Typh's advice to use boolean search strings with asterisks and the like is valid, but it is very specialized knowledge. Besides, there's a lot of data to wade through; suppose I need to find info about a smasher named "Rot". Man, I'd have to dig through a lot of "rotflmao"s. Most people don't even type words longer than three characters, after all.

And now, with the newly renewed flood control, even three-letter searches count so you have to sit and wait for the countdown.

(edit)
Also, the Quick Edit function does not save in WYSIWYG editor mode, particularly for large, complex posts with images. It just loads perpetually. In order to use the editor interface, you need to use Advaced Edit to edit your posts.

(edit 2)
Also, "Reply With Quote" does not function in WYSIWYH mode either because it simply copies the UBB code text and places it in your post with default formatting.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
There may be an obvious answer for the question I'm about to ask but I'm going to ask anyway for varification.

The Smash BRoom is for Melee right? So when Brawl is released, will there be a second Smash BRoom exclusive for Brawl or will people that excel at Brawl be given access to the Melee BRoom instead?

I don't know... I'm curious.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
Me and a friend are currently creating/editing a forum site for our interests

Can we use Smashboard's policies and guidelines as a reference/outline to our own?

there are some pretty sturdy rules and regulations that i would think would work for us (me/friend) and i didnt want to 'steal' ideas.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Can we please add it so that we can use the search feature to look through our pms? Please?

marth_n_roy, I do not see any problem with you using SWF policies

Top Bottom