• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
How do i Permantely leave my signature to stay, because I have to click the show the signature box everytime. And it would just uncheck itself after i have posted something. Ive also checked my user CPU options and save changes and yet i still cant figure it out :(

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
We disabled it on quick posting so people don't accidentally post it for a super short post (this was a huge problem in the broom), if you want to post your sig without check that box, just click go advanced, then post like that.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not private messages, but we (and anyone) can see what posts you posted if we click your name and then click "Find more posts by ___"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's something anyone can do. Click my name and you can find all posts I've made.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nothing, sits there waiting for you to come back to it.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
It would be too white and shiny.

Does anything happen to an account if it is inactive for too long? Like for a year for example.
I didn't mean like that, like a skin that works really well on the Opera Browser (big text, not all that fancy stuff, so it loads quickly, etc.)

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
After i bought the premium membership, I was under the impression that ALL ads where going to be removed. How may i get rid of those unsightly green in-text-post ads

and to KK

How many years, since you originally picked(did i get this right) Mr. Peabody

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
its called intellitext and you will have to click on the question mark on the add that comes up when you hover over the text and it will bring you to a page where you can disable it.

Its KiKi we already have a KK.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, we don't really have any plans to completely revamp the site or anything, as things seem to work pretty smoothly now. We're always adding rooms or Mods where they are necessary, and taking user input to improve the forum as best we can.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I was previously a member of the debate hall. I logged on today, looking in the debate hall, and finally found some good debates. However, when I tried to post, it came up saying I didn't have a Debate Membership. I know I didn't delete it from my membership pool, and I know I haven't disrupted the rulings (I've made very few posts in the DH, all filled and sensible). Is there a way to recover my postioning as a Debater. Or, if it was taken from me, why?

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Same thing happened to me, please share what he replies to you.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Crimson King made an announcement in the Debate Hall that a majority of inactive members were removed from the DH as not to tarnish the DH's reputation as a hub of intelligence as opposed to other rooms.

The inactive members usually get the title simply to have a title and not actually to use their right to post there. And when these inactive members make pathetic statements or stupid remarks, it tarnishes the reputation of the DH.

As for getting back in, you'll have to ask Crimson King yourself about that.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Well, we don't really have any plans to completely revamp the site or anything, as things seem to work pretty smoothly now. We're always adding rooms or Mods where they are necessary, and taking user input to improve the forum as best we can.
Very very true. I applaud whoever manages the site for making this the easiest forum to use! anyway revamp the search engine, it is rather difficult (at least for me, to use. It often will not group words together if that is the specific name for a thread

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Crimson King made an announcement in the Debate Hall that a majority of inactive members were removed from the DH as not to tarnish the DH's reputation as a hub of intelligence as opposed to other rooms.

The inactive members usually get the title simply to have a title and not actually to use their right to post there. And when these inactive members make pathetic statements or stupid remarks, it tarnishes the reputation of the DH.

As for getting back in, you'll have to ask Crimson King yourself about that.
Well w/e I wrote the essay so I could be able to post in there when I like, I saw 2 debtes I wanted to give my 2 cents in an I cant now so I'm annoyed, it needs to be fixed I think when CK gets a chance is all.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
a few questions that may have been asked before yet i cannot find:

Is the RPG ever going to come back?

Who controls weather or not it does (i mean site wise)
and

For teh topic"Hiemie Laws and Unofficial FAQ ~ Read First Please!" where can i find the full and unaltered rules that origanated from varuna? i tried to search through that user's posts but to no avail. . .

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The RPG is probably not coming back.

I don't understand your next question. We can't really control the weather. Site-wise, what do you want to know? Your question seems to be

Who controls whether or not it does (site wise)?
Who controls whether or not WHAT does? What is the question here?

As for Varuna, I'm not sure. Ask Hiemie.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Ah. Kiki, Gid, and I, along with the other mods have discussed the RPG. For the time being, we've decided to focus on other things that could use our attention, such as the smashbrawl.com blog, and the Smash Wiki. The RPG has been lowered in priority as we get these things running smoothly.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
Being that is it mainly a Spam Hall now, why haven't you locked Clan Grounds (h*** the RPG center)?

nothing but the uneducated and the inane currently are active within it

and for s***s and giggles

How do you gain access to the rubbish bin to see all the lovely examples of stupidity?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Being that is it mainly a Spam Hall now, why haven't you locked Clan Grounds (h*** the RPG center)?
We'll look into it. I, personally, wouldn't have any idea what goes on in there because I don't go to that room.

How do you gain access to the rubbish bin to see all the lovely examples of stupidity?

You can't unless you are a mod or admin.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
question
Do you guys discremate or hate people for race or something?
For a serious answer, it's kind of hard to discriminate people for their race when the forum is anonymous and we don't really know people's races. The only reason that I know B-Will is black is because he has it in his title. There are probably other moderators of different nationalities/races (for instance, Thundermistress is an asian girl from Australia), but that doesn't come into play at all when modding people or anything. Not only do we not discriminate on race, but we try our best to make sure that no one does that through our forum.

flaco

The Terminator
Ok question do you guys don't like people that can't spell right?Example I can't spell right cuz am hisp first language not english

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
We do enjoy reading correct English grammar, but it's not a discrimination of race or language, because there are just as many people who speak English as a first language who choose to type retardedly on the internet that it's impossible to tell if a person just doesn't know our language or doesn't care that I die a little inside each time they post.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I was wondering where you can see all the statistics of the forum that used to be on the top on the homepage. These stats included how many registered members, how many posts there were on the forum, etc. Is there a place where these can be seen still?

Top Bottom