• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Any possible way to let us see more then 500 of our past posts?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It was just a topic about stuff you got when you went eat at Taco Bell. A topic about what fast food you like most would be much more efficient.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
lol. Double deckers and double standards go hand in hand like that. That's too bad, I actually have a lot to say about Taco Bell food in a thread like that.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
It was just a topic about stuff you got when you went eat at Taco Bell. A topic about what fast food you like most would be much more efficient.
I get it... you just hate Taco Bell, don't you?
That's alright, until recently I hated it with a passion too. Now, I tolerate it.

Florida

イーグランツ
Kind of an odd question, but it popped into my mind recently:

If you have just got done sending another member a PM, and then instantly deleting your "sent box", will that action delete the message you just sent? Resulting so that the receiver cannot read your message?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Ugh... I'm getting tired of these dumba**es that keep spamming the Brawl rooms with weird a** images. They were IP banned but they keep coming back on proxies. Is there a code or something you can use to screen proxies? If so, I'd recommend using that because they'll just keep coming back.

Shazz

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the offtopic post but what Mic just said coupled with his G-man avatar makes him look really scary, handling business like a hitman or something.

Just had to say it.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think that if we just find a steadfast mod to keep banning them, eventually they will go away. I can't imagine it's THAT fun to keep making accounts and spamming people.

Also, I've heard this suggestion before, when I was newer to the threads, but I didn't really understand it until more recently. There should be some method of removing Account names that have Zero posts, or ones that have under 20, and havent signed on in over 6 months or a year or something like that. It doesn't do anything to say we have 70000 registered members, if thousands of those members have never posted, or posted 8 times over 3 years ago, and haven't logged on since. I'm not sure of the mass benefits of this, but I can think of 2 off the top of my head. It would free up Account names that are taken, and it would also give a more accurate representation as to how many registered users we really have.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I'm trying to post a long response with some copied/pasted information in the Interesting Facts thread but keep getting a 403 Forbidden Error. Why?
But when I post any other reply, or try to make any other edit, you know, with a short witty response or something, it works fine. Not to mention the other long posts I've made in that thread.

edit: like this post and this edit work fine.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Even when I posted with fewer characters, I was having problems... I finally got it to work by removing a certain URL I'd placed in the post (a link to a website I was referencing) and for whatever reason, it worked. Weird.

Blackadder

Smash Master
This is a rather stupid question, but it’s just odd to me.

Why is it that d*mn is censored?
It's a low level a swear, and things on the same level such as "Crap" and "Hell" are left unchanged.

I just find it a bit strange.
So...yeah.

Why is d*mn censored?

Oh, and also, (And I don't wanna name names here) but I have seen some mods use the censor dodge to swear for whatever reason, I've seen it in the Deb. hall, but that's a place for mature discussion and such, so I guess it's more acceptable there, but I have seen it once or twice in the Brawl discussion thread, and other places like that.

I'm really not trying to create havoc, but why is it mods are aloud to swear and "normal" users cannot?

I feel so icky now. :psycho:

Florida

イーグランツ
It may just be me (I doubt it), but for some reason the search function doesn't work properly. I've tested it with many different options, words, and forums, and I still get no results. Am I doing something wrong, or is it happening to the entire community?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
but why is it mods are aloud to swear and "normal" users cannot?
We're not technically allowed to, anytime we do so we're breaking the rules same as everyone else.

And my search feature works fine

Blackadder

Smash Master
We're not technically allowed to, anytime we do so we're breaking the rules same as everyone else.

And my search feature works fine
Ehh, oki doki.
I was just wondering if it was suddenly allowed when you become a mod, for some reason. Thanks for answering Eor!

Also, yeah, my search is working fine also..

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
That thread is different because it was originally a post on the Smash Blog, which we later imported onto the forums. Since some of the people there didn't have SWF accounts, it looks like they were posted by guests instead of registered users.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
As we all know, Brawl will be coming out later this year. Of course, some sort of tournament scene will being to develop shortly after, as well as people beginning to develop the metagame. So my question is as follows:

When Brawl is released, how will SWF change the site to differentiate it from Melee? Will there be separate tournament forums, character sub-forums, etc?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well since the tournament rooms are just that "Tournament rooms" I doubt we'll add another room for Brawl tournaments. People have posted Smash 64 tourneys in there, so it's not a game specific area. There will be character subforums, but I don't know about what otehr changes we'll make, those are all still being discussed.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Why there isn't some kind of control with posts and threads?
That way we can "prevent" Spammers or temporary users.

For example, what I'm thinking now:
*more than +50 posts in order to make a topic.
*more than +50 threads viewed in order to make a post. (Just like Nintendo's Forum)

just a thought... (although I do know that the number of new users will decrease... but so spammers)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
o man what is that smash blog thing
It's something we've actually had for a while, our own place to post news relating to BRawl, and we've recently intergrated it to the forums. Check it out more clearly at www.smashbrawl.com

also why can't gid make a forum just for talking about almost anything?
We have, it's called the Pool room. Unless you mean a room to spam, then no, we won't, because we don't like spam.

Green Lantern

Smash Rookie
I have been getting an error message when I try to go to smashboards. I'll type the URL and press enter and then it's white for a long time and then an error message comes up saying that "it took too long to get a response from www.smashboards.com" or something to that effect. Why is that? Do you guys need a bigger server?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Brawl has made us get too much traffic for our current server, so we're having those problems. Just reload and it should pop up.

Though I'm not fully aware of internet technology, so everything I said might be wrong. From what I've heard, though, that's our problem. I do believe we're upgrading.

Sir James

The Doctor
I've noticed that lately the IMG function in my signature is not working. I had an image in my signature back when I had around 50 posts and it worked fine. Recently, in the signature permissions box, the IMG code is set to disabled for me. At first I thought my sig was banned, but the signature is pretty small and doesn't take up much space.

I noticed other people have this problem as well. Someone made a thread about this in the Brawl discussion, but Mic directed them to post the issue here on this thread. I decided to contribute.

EDIT: the IMG function in my signature has been enabled, and images are now being displayed properly in my signature.. I'll leave my post here just in case other people may still be experiencing the problem.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
New Avatars?

i dont know if this has been brought up, but will there ever be more avatars to choose from? i'm mainly speaking of brawl avatars because it looks like the last time new ones were added was from last year.. i was just thinking that since there has been some new characters added, it would make sense to update the avatars.

Top Bottom