• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's a size limit. Not sure what it is off the top of my head, but it's in the "How to setup your sig and avatar" topic stuck in Meet and Greet.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If the other staff would check the topic about avatars in the staffer shack....

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
If the other staff would check the topic about avatars in the staffer shack....
Speaking of which, if you guys want the mugs of the Brawl characters that came out after the whole Avatar Submission Thread, gimme a PM. ;)

flaco

The Terminator
omg you guys with the avatar anyways is there anyway that you gyus will add more time for example pay 50 bucks from be premie for a lifetime or maybe 5 years

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
i was looking at the member's list,and i happened to notice that people with higher postcounts had lower rank than me.(noobs with like 43 posts)i was wondering, why do i have a higher rank than them? is it because of posts per day,or relevant posts,or what?

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Why ban Ridley threads?Just by the efforts of some members, Ridley threads have been banned. This is because of the amount of "spam" that is said to have been going on in the Ridley thread, but plenty of other threads and clubs spam just as much. To be honest, lately there has been relatively no spam on the Ridley thread as of late (minus last night and the suicides of Gypsy, Grim, and Lego). What I'm trying to say is why ban threads that support a specific character, just because three or so people decided to go all kamikaze for the character?

-ParamoreRiot

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i was looking at the member's list,and i happened to notice that people with higher postcounts had lower rank than me.(noobs with like 43 posts)i was wondering, why do i have a higher rank than them? is it because of posts per day,or relevant posts,or what?
No idea. It should be based on post count. Some people might have registered before we added the Smash Child username so they might be with that til they hit the title after smash child.

Why ban Ridley threads?Just by the efforts of some members, Ridley threads have been banned. This is because of the amount of "spam" that is said to have been going on in the Ridley thread, but plenty of other threads and clubs spam just as much. To be honest, lately there has been relatively no spam on the Ridley thread as of late (minus last night and the suicides of Gypsy, Grim, and Lego). What I'm trying to say is why ban threads that support a specific character, just because three or so people decided to go all kamikaze for the character?

-ParamoreRiot
If you wish to get into that, PM a mod or use forum desputes. Nothings wrong with asking, but I don't want this thread to get flooded with replies countering everything everyone else says.

Flaco: No plans to do anything that long term.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Question:

Is there any difference between locking a thread and closing one?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Things have been a bit hectic, when things settle down we'll be getting back to getting those avatars finished.

Jammer

Smash Lord
I was thinking of a new feature:

Currently, you can look at someone's profile to see if they're replying to a thread. I think it would be useful if the thread said who was replying to it. That way, you could wait until the other person finishes before posting yourself, so that there isn't any confusion and you don't just ignore things they say, and you can see if anyone's answering you.

Florida

イーグランツ
I have another coding question =/

What's the code used to make your text change shades of color? Like this. (only more detailed and not separated by word)

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Question
I was about to go order premium, and noticed this...

Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed.

I went to check for the 3-month period, but it did not have an asterisk. Does this mean the premium will keep going and a charge will still be made after a three month period or will it just stop and I won't have to pay anything more for its expiration?

No longer applicable

Suggestion
Rather then organizing avalible avatars in two categories like it is now, seperating them into more detailed categories. EX: Anime Avatars, SSBM Avatars, Animal Avatars, etc.

Vicioso

Smash Rookie
um, how do i make a poll for my threads?

no custom avatars?

atleast upload a better faye pic seriously...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
um, how do i make a poll for my threads?

no custom avatars?

atleast upload a better faye pic seriously...
You need to be a premium member to create polls for your threads and have a custom avatar/title.

And they're updating the avatars soon. I hope...

flaco

The Terminator
question i asked these anobody answered ok i got and infraction mad long time ago

and it used to say the location were I got it but now it only says private why?

Top Bottom