• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Skywalker

Space Jump
Eorlinglasha, objection!

Only members who are completely sure post here for one reason: It's flooded with moderators. for example, one will look dumb, or moderators will scold them, if they answer incorrectly. Generally, I think since this thread also has a lot of "veterans", newer users are scared away.

Just a theory.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
God I'm blind. Can't believe I missed this. My bad.

Suggestion: Make a lighter forum skin
All three current skins have a dark background with white text. I much prefer a light (light grey or white) background with black text. I know it seems anal, but it's one of the reasons I don't visit SmashBoards as much as I'd like to. The change from this site's colour scheme to other sites (I switch tabs frequently) really hurts my eyes sometimes!

flaco

The Terminator
Because half the time non-mods don't know what they're talking about. Because of that rule, half of the forum isn't trying to answer questions. The only non-mods that do are the ones that are sure they are right, and even then they're not always correct.
I agree with him also why some times the search engine don't work also is the repuation thing is gonna come back?

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
When will we be seeing more avatar options?

I really would like to get a Lucas avatar but the avatar section on the site are stuck back in 2006.

Jammer

Smash Lord
SOmetimes when I look around the bords I see people with diffrent avatars then everyone else. How do I get cool avatars like them?
They have Premium membership. Check it out at the top of the page (the gold coin thing).

EDIT: Oops, it turns out only mods are supposed to answer questions. I apologize.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with him also why some times the search engine don't work also is the repuation thing is gonna come back?
Search engine should be working fine at the moment. Also, don't count on reputation to come back.

When will we be seeing more avatar options?

I really would like to get a Lucas avatar but the avatar section on the site are stuck back in 2006.
Soon enough. We have other things to worry about at the moment.

SOmetimes when I look around the bords I see people with diffrent avatars then everyone else. How do I get cool avatars like them?
Yeah, become a premium member. Other people who might have different avatars are mods and a broomers.

To Zook: If someone presents an effective way to go about keeping the RPG room functioning properly, it could come back. It isn't necessarily trashed for good. To reiterate, there are more important things that we have to worry about right now.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
I want to change the name of a thread of mine. But when I change it, It comes back to his original name!

This is the first time it happens, so I'm wondering... should I PM a mod with the new name? or it's a Forum's Bug?

Edit: Nvm, solved it. It was an unaccepted type of character (é) though it says "Café" on the forums name!

FUZ

Smash Rookie
My name...

Could a mod/admin please lowercase the "uz" in my name? Or would i have to be a premium member to do that? i wasn't sure since it would really be changing my name... =O

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
O man do you guys take credit cards or debit for buying premium membership?
You can obtain premium membership through paypal, which involves the use of your credit card/ debit card. I don't remember if there are other ways to obtain premium membership from us directly and not through paypal e.g. via check through mail. Hopefully another mod can answer this. We also accept sexual favors in exchange for premuim membership.

Could a mod/admin please lowercase the "uz" in my name? Or would i have to be a premium member to do that? i wasn't sure since it would really be changing my name... =O
PM an admin about that and hope that they are in a good mood when you ask them for a name change.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You can obtain premium membership through paypal, which involves the use of your credit card/ debit card. I don't remember if there are other ways to obtain premium membership from us directly and not through paypal e.g. via check through mail. Hopefully another mod can answer this. We also accept sexual favors in exchange for premuim membership.

PM an admin about that and hope that they are in a good mood when you ask them for a name change.

Rly? You can use your debit card? I never knew that! I have a debit card but I do not know how to use it online, any help? :)

Jammer

Smash Lord
We also accept sexual favors in exchange for premuim membership.
Just so you know, saying that out loud is highly illegal. You can get arrested for it.

I saw it happen to some guy on an episode of Shark, and he was much more discreet about it.

Also, do you accept sexual favors from males? Because I don't have much money and I'm totally willing to experiment...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Just so you know, saying that out loud is highly illegal. You can get arrested for it.

I saw it happen to some guy on an episode of Shark, and he was much more discreet about it.

Also, do you accept sexual favors from males? Because I don't have much money and I'm totally willing to experiment...
So you openly admit that you are gay now?

Jammer

Smash Lord
Nah, I was joking around. I hope I don't get in trouble for doing it in this very important thread.

EDIT: Oh crap you sigged that!!!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Nah, I was joking around. I hope I don't get in trouble for doing it in this very important thread.
It's still "sig-worthy" :p

Anyways..back on topic..if anyone can tell me how to use my debit card online to purchase premium membership, I will most certainly get it! :)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Go to PayPal.com. It's more advisable to use a Credit Card, as if your account is compromised, they won't have direct access to your bank account.

flaco

The Terminator
these is a idea I want you guys to know ok,I was woundering if you guys will make a download section for programs like rapidshare and mega uploads thing,but the only person who are gonna post downlaods and uploads are the staff of the site what do you guys think?

flaco

The Terminator
for more members to come and be moe famous these site man,also only staff should be able to upload programs,is a good idea gguys what do you think?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
What are the signature rules here? As in limits? How big can they be?

I mean, on the Smashboards, not "here" as in "in this thread".

flaco

The Terminator
well i mean applications and sucjh get what am saying using rapidshare to share them with the community man and also using megaupload what do you think

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
What are the signature rules here? As in limits? How big can they be?

I mean, on the Smashboards, not "here" as in "in this thread".
8 lines and nothing inappropriate.

well i mean applications and sucjh get what am saying using rapidshare to share them with the community man and also using megaupload what do you think
I see no remote benefit or purchase to this. Your suggestion is way too vague: "host applications on rapidshare." It has no real merit and isn't much of a suggestion at all.

flaco

The Terminator
do you know what i mean I said like lets bring programs here application and share them and let it be only for premium members these would raise the purchase of premium members

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think he means he wants the premie room to become a torrent room where we can illegally share files

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I think he means he wants the premie room to become a torrent room where we can illegally share files
He meant it as a joke, flaco. This whole time, I knew exactly what you meant. I was just trying to see if you were as dense as I thought. We cannot share illegal files. We are not a warez site.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I've noticed that its been quite a while since new avatars have been added to the site, mainly the Brawl avatars.

Instead of having the staff make new avatars, why not try to make it into a contest? Have users create their own avatars for the site, submit them into a judging thread in the Artwork forum, then have people select which ones they like via polls. Then have the makers of those avatars receive a certain amount of Premium membership?

I just would like to see some new avatars, one way or another :(

Jammer

Smash Lord
Yes. Me too. Particularly avatars involving ducks on water. You guys only have two of those, I believe. I've been using both, but I'd like more ducky variety.

Aaun

Smash Cadet
Mic_128 said:
When we get to it. We've got other issues that we're focusing on first, and when they get sorted out, we'll then get to the avatars.
okay well, do you have any idea of how many there will be? cuz personally, i think there should be a much wider selection since we can't have our own.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I've noticed that its been quite a while since new avatars have been added to the site, mainly the Brawl avatars.

Instead of having the staff make new avatars, why not try to make it into a contest? Have users create their own avatars for the site, submit them into a judging thread in the Artwork forum, then have people select which ones they like via polls. Then have the makers of those avatars receive a certain amount of Premium membership?

There actually was a contest sorta thing about 2 months ago.

I'm just wondering when they'll be released.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
We've finally gotten started on getting the ones from the topic that we want. No idea of a timeframe other than "when we finish."

Top Bottom