• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'll repeat myself...

"When will the next SmashBoards podcast be released? Seems like a while since a new one has come out.
"

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The companion cube isn't an obscure FPS reference at all. It's adopted by the community as their god.

And yes, I agree, add it!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I had a couple of diferent Cube ones I was planing to use myself, might as well stick em in. For the good of all those still alive.

EDIT: And Podcast will be done when myself, Kiki and Scav all manage to have a free period. :( Curse life.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
i think a quote count (how many time you have been quoted) would be pretty cool. It could be put under number of posts. i have bad feeling that this is close to impossible though to actually do

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I had a couple of diferent Cube ones I was planing to use myself, might as well stick em in. For the good of all those still alive.

EDIT: And Podcast will be done when myself, Kiki and Scav all manage to have a free period. :( Curse life.
There's only been 4 released so far, right? Cause in iTunes, i already subscribed to the smashboards podcast and it lists only 4 podcasts done by you guys.

eZo

Smash Rookie
Got a few suggestions...

I think that the artwork emporium should have a seperate section specifically for signature shops so that people will stop making threads asking for sigs to be made when there are already threads just for that.

I also think that the image request thread is kinda pointless because it isn't that hard to search the images in google or photobucket.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
There's only been 4 released so far, right? Cause in iTunes, i already subscribed to the smashboards podcast and it lists only 4 podcasts done by you guys.
Yes, there have only been 4 episodes of the SmashCast. Youko's been doing Show Me Your News for months though and hasn't missed a week, so if you're looking for Smash Bros. podcasts you still have that. It's on the blog and on iTunes too. If you haven't been listening, I really recommend it.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
turn off post counts, join dates. Post Counts are pretty useless. Signatures are obnoxious, but I know they are of some use too people.
Bad suggestion.. how do you know the user's activity then? or if he's an old user or a new user? whats more, I would add a new field... "user activity" with a percentage, that way you can see if he's an active user or if it comes only to post when the dojo is updated...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Will you make it so that people over 500 posts can upload attachments? I know premies can but....
It should probably be a bigger number like any user with 1,000 posts or more can upload attachments. This is just my opinion through. :x

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Post count rewards encourage spam. It's never a good idea to make people think high post counts are a good thing.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Post count rewards encourage spam. It's never a good idea to make people think high post counts are a good thing.
Yeah you're right cause a pro player here can have like 50 well-thought posts and a n00b can have like over 2,000 posts of spam.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
as with every human action, I may be possibly wrong, but after a search, I couldn't find either an avatar of megaman , or an answer of why it doesn't exist, for us new users.

so, if the megaman series makes an appearance, since I saw the Rush avatar, why not to pick an standard image? I know that cool avatars can be gained with the amount of post, so asking for a cool avatar may sound noobish, but at least an standard one, not too cool, but not so bad as the rush one-

why there's not a standard megaman avatar for new users?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I had

G-manning the close buton

and that was max, so...*counts*

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/SWF

"Tournament Directors
Main article: Tournament director
Tournament Directors having posting rights on the Calender. There they can advertise any tournaments they may be holding. Their username color is dark blue. To become a Tournament Director, either PM McFox or Gideon and tell them what kind of tournaments you host."

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
thanks for the answer F8AL, but it didn't respond what I asked...

I know there's a calendar where tournaments dates are indicated, but I want to know the users and the tournaments they held (in the calendar there's only the date, you have to go one by one searching the user if he held a tournament)

It would be nice to see that Smash directors actually held tournaments, and we could see his activity in a thread for example. That way we can guarantee they make tournaments often, and not only for the blue username color. Just a thought.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
If you refer someone,do you get any sort of commendation on your profile or something? or is it just a stat when you click on the person's profile?

Knight-errant

Smash Apprentice
Where can I find a thread that explains tournament rules?

(I mean things like "counter picking," etc.) I tried the FAQ and running searches, but I couldn't find any.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I know there's a calendar where tournaments dates are indicated, but I want to know the users and the tournaments they held (in the calendar there's only the date, you have to go one by one searching the user if he held a tournament)

It would be nice to see that Smash directors actually held tournaments, and we could see his activity in a thread for example. That way we can guarantee they make tournaments often, and not only for the blue username color. Just a thought.
I don't know if that's posible, but I'll leave that for an admin to adress.

If you refer someone,do you get any sort of commendation on your profile or something? or is it just a stat when you click on the person's profile?
There's just a number in your profile that goes up for each referal you get.

Where can I find a thread that explains tournament rules?

(I mean things like "counter picking," etc.) I tried the FAQ and running searches, but I couldn't find any.
Take a read through here.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42749

If something's not covered there, just post again here, or PM me.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You grabbed the wrong code from Imageshack. You want the "Direct link to image" code.

Top Bottom