• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest Thursday, September 1st at 5pm. Brawl

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, for sure.

Need to work on my trio of characters.

I've decided a trio works better than a single character for me. If I feel like switching, I have a go-to. Gonna wreck things up with Dedede, Game and Watch, and Jigglypuff.

Also need to work on Mr. Doom DI.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
I can make it afterall~ I just may be a tad late... X3 (let's hope everything works out!)

Oh can we bring sd cards? Like to play our music on brawl/textures? I would bring a wii but I cant hehe... but I do miss my cutsom music and timpani/rosalina~

swordgard

Smash Hero
Yeah, for sure.

Need to work on my trio of characters.

I've decided a trio works better than a single character for me. If I feel like switching, I have a go-to. Gonna wreck things up with Dedede, Game and Watch, and Jigglypuff.

Also need to work on Mr. Doom DI.
Mr doom DI, lol.

Because quarter circle DI has not been around since N64, and people never wrote guides on it.

Gichan

Smash Champion
wow...there's a lot of interest all of a sudden....

Just want to say that my apartment is small. And I also don't want to be playing till late, so at about 11pm we should finish up, hopefully lol, it never works out for some reason.

Also, Michelle and I got a small carpet for living room, NO DRINKS NEAR IT! I swear if a stain gets on that bye bye smashfests cause Michelle will ****ing kill me. So please be wary of that.

Gichan

Smash Champion
get off eglinton west station, take any 32 west and get off at Ronald ave. From there corss the street and call me cause most poeple get lost at this point.

If you're heading East, get off Nairn and walk a bit down to harvie, call.

Peachy you can still come, only thing to worry about is the rug, no drinks there that's all.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
ooh Gi pm your cell # so I can txt you.. if my dad and I get lost~ X3

Yes we have a gps... but oddly enough my dad has gotten us lost with it haha~ Also so I can inform you that I'm at the place... because ive only once been to an appartment place.. and still dont get the units and haha~ X3

Gichan

Smash Champion
gotta edit, too many calls lol. And leaf, what's the deal calling with a blocked ID? I could use your number on my phone to tell you of future casuals.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Okay, Now let's hope I don't get Lost.

Hey, XP, Should I go meet you at your Place first?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Peachy, you can use your textures on my Wii. My SD card is a mess right now anyways. I started redoing music and halfway through went **** this and just threw stuff on.

Also I have waaaaaaaaaay too many vertexes on it. I'm not exactly sure of the thought that went into that.

-Googs

Smash Lord
whitby really wanted to come to this, but its to far for only 4-5 hours of smash. If it started earlier we probs would've come

Gichan

Smash Champion
awesome smashfest on sat. shoutouts to dirt, looft, jack, and alex staying at my place till 1:30/2am LOL. too good.

Dirt got such a maad level up. Only thing I can say is although you have knowledge of a lot of characters you still need one strong main so you don't have to strongly rely on MUs and CPs. Please make me proud at the next tourney.

Mother****ing Poke is so good now. It makes me salty to see myself either caught up to or just getting plain ****ty. At least I surprised you with my PT. Keep training XP

I obviously was also ****ing myself over by not maintaining a calm mindset, I kept getting mad about the things ****** me rather than finding ways to deal with it. I hate that about myself, that's my #1 weakness in everything I do, I don't let myself stay calm and just learn.

Damn Leaf, you a trooper, I really hope next time you don't get lost. hope you got to learn a lot.

I'm glad a lot of toronto came to this and I'm glad to see the pot monster level going up, that will only mean a stronger scene

Next one is on Wed at 5pm. Hope to see you guys there again.

LEAF STOP CALLING ME WITH BLOCKED ID. At least text me.

And Looft could you please show me an example, a picture, or an explanation of how to design that stage for item control? Thanks.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
So wed is confirmed? *Flared eyed chibi face* I will make it this time~ Oh and Dirt if you are still allowing sd cards to be used on your wii I'll happily bring mine... you can also take the files if you want custom music and textures (including stage) that dont bug/freeze offline or online! :3

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Gi, I'm there Wednesday.

For the Stage.

Go to Stage Builder. Smallest Stage, Any Back Ground.

Place a Block 1 Space Away from the Border(Both Sides).
Fill the Inbetween with Blocks.

Place A Block on top of the Two end ones.

Then, Place a Small Platform 3-4-5 Blocks up.

Done. This is by Memory of seeing Looft play it.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much what poke said, Ill try to draw a diagram. I realized I built it on Dirt's wii instead of yours

______

L__________________________________J

Pretty much smashville sized without the moving platform, and is closed in by raised edges. Spawn 2 cpu and place them on either side so the stage zooms out. I honestly dont know if it would do wario any good, but with marth i spawn green shells and glidetoss to tipper after it bounces off the walls. Mostly useful for spacing tippers on approaching opponents, and reaaaaaally helps your powershield game.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's great for practicing my spacing. Also a definite boon for PSing.

Oh, and Gi, for beating Dedede, you have 2 options. Get a hit and time me out, or get the lead and bait me into the air.

Also Peachy, I've actually dealt with all my textures, it's more me getting way too lazy to do all my music again... for like the 5th time. Yeah, the SD card offer is definitely still open. *EDIT IN MIDDLE OF POST* Just make sure you have nothing over flower Jiggz. That's the texture I use and is the single best Jigglypuff texture ever conceived of.

We also all need to practice all kinds of ******** **** against each other if we want to learn to beat it. We're not going to get better at dealing with scrooging, planking, or other ******** crap if we aren't playing against it.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I have textures on everyone *sadface* Perhaps we have the same texture on her? Who knows?

Dirt, unless someone has planking in their style and such I don't think we will run into it in friendlies. It would be unfair to ask someone to change their style so that we can play agaisnt it... even then if that person is not used to it they may be bad at it which is not going to help us. The best thing we can do is play to the best of our abilities~ Eventually you will understand your character enough to use what is availible to them to handle certain situations. Of course having multiple mains can be a bit tricky since you are not focusing on one for too long... but Poke seems to handle it well enough.

However with that being said, if someone is up for trying something new if they feel like they are not getting anywhere by doing the same thing, you should try to branch out and attempt to mix it up a bit, but don't go too crazy all at once. "Baby Steps" is the way to go, throw 1 or 2 new tactics a match but stick to your staple, change or apply what you think may work and what not.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm just saying, we need to not hold back certain aspects of our playstyles if we seriously want to get better.

Also, I have no texture on Jiggs. It's just FitPurin01.pac/pcs that needs to be gone.

Also, a key part of Jiggz's playstyle is playing as gay as possible, and I really need to work on that. Air camping, ledge camping, scrooging, all that FUN stuff.

Also I've pretty much settled. I'm mostly going to play Dedede/Jiggz/GaW, with Ganondorf only played against Wario, since it's only 55:45/60:40-ish. 4th best MU.

Also a bunch of pocket mid-tiers to throw off the people I play with most of the time.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, well my Jiggly textures are quite good~ I'm sure you will like them :3 (I'm just lazy and don't feel like changing her file name lol) but if you have a problem with them if theres a laptop availible I will change it just for you. :p

D3 Jiggly and GW all formidable foes for Peach haha but I know all their MUs but Jigglys since no one really uses her so I look forward to that MU~ Tsk tsk for you all holding back, usually I'm the one sandbagging hehe (only if I'm winning by a lot) Don't ledge camp too much with Jiggly, I do play her as like a if im bored character lol. You want to keep her reletively in control or in the middle of the stage, since at the ledge shes very vulnerable to be koed early.

Glad to hear you are settled/ing on your mains~ and Ganon for Wario hehe Gi must be having trouble agaisnt you then~ :p

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Nah, Gi just keeps trying to play my Dedede. I don't like the MU at all. It's just... too easy. It reeks of the kind of imbalance that I hate about Brawl.

:salamace:

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Lol, too easy? Ive been hearing Wario vs D3 was bad for wario as bad as Wario vs Peach. I think it might be even worse lol but I have not seen that MU personally. Then again D3 is evil beyond words haha, hes too heavy! X3 If you can DI perfectly with D3.... He just.. never gets koed XD!

I'm looking forward to doubles at the fest~ I didn't hear anything about it from the last... was doubles even played? You can learn quite a bit about how much spacing your character needs in doubles.. and a whole new side to them.. I developed my singles playstyle from doubles haha.

Patches

Smash Master
There's actually a chance I can go on wednesday now. :o

As for planking. I don't play a planking style, but if someone asked me to plank so they can learn how to deal with it, I'd be more than happy to help.

Edit: dirt, I find that kinda funny. I have a past will all three of your characters you wanna play. Gaw is my main, sub dedede (trying to drop for falco), and jiggs is my low tier main.

Double edit: ill also wanna play some MvC, if I can make it down, ill bring my xbox, I guess as well as Mortal Kombat if anyone wants to play that as well.
:phone:

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Patches, I can help you with learning Falco. :o

Also, I'm a main switcher, if you want a good doubles partner, go grab that Peachy x3

I think I currently use...

Dk, Ike, Falco, Ganon, DeDeDe, Kirby, Link, Oh! How on earth do I forget Marth? I'll probably be using TLink again.. Who else. Who else.. Oh! I also play an Awkward Metaknight, for jokes Though, I won't ever use him seriously.

Oh! I also use Snake for Semi-Serious..

How do I forget Captain Falcon?

Oh my god! I forgot that I use Game and Watch.

Nani?! How on Earth did I forget about my Mario? T^T

Baka, Baka, Aho, Baka >.>

fUddO

Smash Ace
I've sort of decided to pick up Pikachu for the MK matchup, but he's mad-hard.

I was pretty impressed by Dirt's improvement with DDD, but I'm not sure where he can go from here; DDD seems really limited.

Patches

Smash Master
I forgot to mention. Ill be bringing an old smasher with me. DarkSieg. If anyone remembers him, he's been to a couple tournaments.

:phone:

Top Bottom