• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I tried today and I could CG pretty much everyone except Ganon and Link o_o

Oh well I just tornado them to death so no worry :D
And as if I am going to see those anyways.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Just made a huge discovery today involving my desync. If I am right, it makes the Hylian desync unnescessary.

Long Story Short: You can do my desync out of the stop animation from dash. Meaning you can do a Hylian desync style grab setup going BOTH forward AND reverse initial dash. Which is a step up because the Hylian was dependent on an RID.

The inputs are more flexible in terms of window of timing as well. I'm definitely adding those to my arsenal as soon as I can.

Inb4endasayshyliandesyncalreadyunnecessary

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Wasn't going to come to say that.

Hylian's desynch in itself is theoretically really really good, but because of the timing needed to be consistent with it, it is logically not so well.
IDK, I use the Hylian a lot now. It's not really that hard <_<.

DeLux

This is better than Hylian. Like the flexibility of the Hylian was that after the RID, you had the flexibility of choosing between a FID or an RID immediately following. In my version, it swaps the two.

I can't think of a case where you'd ever need to FID after the RID in a Hylian.

But the flexibility of not having to worry about which way you're facing when initially intending to perform the desync is very worthwhile imo

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
o.O I've already pointed out that you can use the stopping of the dash to do my desynch, you can just straight up do it from the stopping animation if you do it while popo is in it and nana is not. The smoke is a good visual cue.

DeLux

The phenomenon you're explaining is just the basic mechanics of your desync. It HAS to be done out of the stopping animation of dash.

The second part is most likely explained by a standard Reverse initial dash desync where a frame perfect input during RID causes Nana to do an input while popo does not. Although you should talk to me on skype and explain better if I'm mistaken and that isn't the scenario. I'd be interested.

Based on EA's research, the Hylian has to be done out of Reverse Initial Dash. And then the fox trot frame perfect will then override a buffer for Popo, but not for Nana because she's one frame ahead on movement. However, when you fox trot, you are free to choose a reverse or forward dash.

But if you do the buffered motion of mine, it doesn't matter which way you start. You can do a reverse initial dash or a forward dash. However, after your initial dash and during the stopping animation, you must reversal.

Based on my style of play (which is based on your style of play with some tech flair that I haven't showed anybody how to do yet), the initial flexibility in terms of the desync time line is a better option than the later flexibility.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Kack......we OWN AT LOL. TRUE STORY
^^^^this.

Isnt "dodge his stupid stuff and punish" every matchup in the entire game? Still, thats completely true.

Nice matches too. Nice no trip cg.
....Shh. Lol. I guess so, but ROB in particular really applies IMO. I think a lot of the reason we lose to ROBs is because we don't know what we can and can't punish. Mostly a lot from trial and error of playing Stingers (and the other 3298472 ROBs in my state) I've learned just about what I can and can't do. If I was a smart player I think I'd do really well against ROBs XD.

The phenomenon you're explaining is just the basic mechanics of your desync. It HAS to be done out of the stopping animation of dash.

The second part is most likely explained by a standard Reverse initial dash desync where a frame perfect input during RID causes Nana to do an input while popo does not. Although you should talk to me on skype and explain better if I'm mistaken and that isn't the scenario. I'd be interested.

Based on EA's research, the Hylian has to be done out of Reverse Initial Dash. And then the fox trot frame perfect will then override a buffer for Popo, but not for Nana because she's one frame ahead on movement. However, when you fox trot, you are free to choose a reverse or forward dash.

But if you do the buffered motion of mine, it doesn't matter which way you start. You can do a reverse initial dash or a forward dash. However, after your initial dash and during the stopping animation, you must reversal.

Based on my style of play (which is based on your style of play with some tech flair that I haven't showed anybody how to do yet), the initial flexibility in terms of the desync time line is a better option than the later flexibility.
Video please? I don't understand.

DeLux

I told everyone about it. I told you person to person. I'm just finding new applications and derivatives of it.

If it makes you feel better, I found another one that's almost as useful :)
But I'm going to sit on that one for more testing

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've never had to RiD to do my desynch, I just do it because it's more useful that way. You can do mine straight out of just a forward dash. I don't think I'm understanding something lol I'll look into it later. Good stuff either way.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I've never had to RiD to do my desynch, I just do it because it's more useful that way. You can do mine straight out of just a forward dash. I don't think I'm understanding something lol I'll look into it later. Good stuff either way.
Hmm are you sure? I don't see how one could do any sort of desync straight from forward dash, there's nothing to add to the frame difference. o.o

DeLux

I suspect we both stumbled on to the same effect in terms of desyncing agent when playing around.

But I can almost guarantee that if he tried to do a FID > FID foxtrot in order to desync, it would not work.

However, you can do an RID > RID or FID > RID via this desyncing agent.
The traditional Hylian, you can an RID > FID or RID > RID

General rule of thumb, you need to turn around to desync. Except for a few exceptions. Those exceptions are where my next branch of research is going, because I think it might be the most useful.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right people, today is a smashfest. Ofc I am using my IC a lot. So this guy brings his wii with a replay hack and he has a recorder in home. We take a money match. So I think I can get some videos up this time, I hope.

And then you can tell me how crappy I am and tell me to gtfo :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Here is a video:

[yt]VamFiDMlQoA[/yt]

B0NK

Smash Lord
I was going to just keep this to myself, and only show IC mains IRL about this desync derivative, but since I'm having less and less time to go to tourneys because of school I'd rather just post it and see if others can find more in match uses than just a gimmick.

It's a derivative off of the Dash Dance Desynch, similar to the Running Nana Desync except this one allows you to store a desync while walking instead of running which in itself is already 100% more useful.

To do it, dash forward, then dash back, then start walking forward. (Very simple). If done correctly Nana will be running while Popo is walking as you continue to walk forward. The beauty of this is that Nana will be running at Popo's walk speed behind him, which you opponents can't see. (looks similar to moonwalking tactics in melee but with Nana only).

After the desych has start, jab or f-tilt tilted straight or down will cause Nana to do a dash attack in front of you. F-tilt tilted up and U-tilt will cause Nana to start charging an U-smash (That can be canceled with squall, messes with the opponent they never see the squall coming, but it's just a mix up and nothing more). Pressing grab will cause nana to lunge forward in front of you with a dash grab, essentially increasing you grab range while walking towards the opponent. You can also allow Nana to lag from stopping the run and start a typical IB, blizzard or squall desync. (Popo action comes first unlike Running Nana Desynch).

Also shielding will cancel this desync, and the shielding itself is synced regardless (and so can anything else the can be done in both a walk and run such as Up-smash, jump, rolls, spot-dodges and B-moves). This desync can't really be used against projectiles since you will have to shield or avoid the projectile causing you to re-sync.

This desync may be already known by some but I know for a fact it isn't well known since this is new to any climber user I have shown in person (GIMR, v!nnie, and maybe cheese but I don't believe I had the chance to show him). The desync is a mix-up, sort of situational, but setting it up is easy and you can always cancel it.

I've just been calling it a stored desync, but I could careless what it gets called since it's just a derivative of the dash dance desync. I'm just hoping other climber mains can find more uses. (For example using the jab to initiate the dash attack allows you to recover fast enough from the jab that if the dash attack lands you can jump up and up-air them which may or not combo, but really who sees a dash attach coming from someone walking towards them and just using jab 1).

Easily messes with opponents that are like "where that Nana come from" when there grabbed lol Also that charging up-smash being canceled with a squall coming at them is hard for any opponent to understand what just happened. Boss just called it gay when I showed him in person lol.

Ended up writing more than intended, but I wanted to make sure everyone understood the desync and it's possible uses.

DeLux

I was going to just keep this to myself, and only show IC mains IRL about this desync derivative, but since I'm having less and less time to go to tourneys because of school I'd rather just post it and see if others can find more in match uses than just a gimmick.

It's a derivative off of the Dash Dance Desynch, similar to the Running Nana Desync except this one allows you to store a desync while walking instead of running which in itself is already 100% more useful.

To do it, dash forward, then dash back, then start walking forward. (Very simple). If done correctly Nana will be running while Popo is walking as you continue to walk forward. The beauty of this is that Nana will be running at Popo's walk speed behind him, which you opponents can't see. (looks similar to moonwalking tactics in melee but with Nana only).

After the desych has start, jab or f-tilt tilted straight or down will cause Nana to do a dash attack in front of you. F-tilt tilted up and U-tilt will cause Nana to start charging an U-smash (That can be canceled with squall, messes with the opponent they never see the squall coming, but it's just a mix up and nothing more). Pressing grab will cause nana to lunge forward in front of you with a dash grab, essentially increasing you grab range while walking towards the opponent. You can also allow Nana to lag from stopping the run and start a typical IB, blizzard or squall desync. (Popo action comes first unlike Running Nana Desynch).

Also shielding will cancel this desync, and the shielding itself is synced regardless (and so can anything else the can be done in both a walk and run such as Up-smash, jump, rolls, spot-dodges and B-moves). This desync can't really be used against projectiles since you will have to shield or avoid the projectile causing you to re-sync.

This desync may be already known by some but I know for a fact it isn't well known since this is new to any climber user I have shown in person (GIMR, v!nnie, and maybe cheese but I don't believe I had the chance to show him). The desync is a mix-up, sort of situational, but setting it up is easy and you can always cancel it.

I've just been calling it a stored desync, but I could careless what it gets called since it's just a derivative of the dash dance desync. I'm just hoping other climber mains can find more uses. (For example using the jab to initiate the dash attack allows you to recover fast enough from the jab that if the dash attack lands you can jump up and up-air them which may or not combo, but really who sees a dash attach coming from someone walking towards them and just using jab 1).

Easily messes with opponents that are like "where that Nana come from" when there grabbed lol Also that charging up-smash being canceled with a squall coming at them is hard for any opponent to understand what just happened. Boss just called it gay when I showed him in person lol.

Ended up writing more than intended, but I wanted to make sure everyone understood the desync and it's possible uses.
There was a phase that Albert was talking about this for daysssss a few months ago.

I don't personally use it, but that's a play style choice on my end. However, I might incorporate it as a mixup "mode" to my style because it's like the polar opposite of what I seek to do (aka finding situations where Nana is standing and Popo is in dash to effectively desync action Nana first to leave Popo free to act). It definitely has it's merit.

(In regard to the projectile thing, will Nana DSC slide? You could actually in theory use the shield stun from the one hit of the projectile in order to remain desynced, just not "desync stored")

Edit: Now that I think about it, it might be possible to do some other fun mixup using RID out of that situations. In theory, me imagining it. Too bad I'm at work when I want to test it lol

B0NK

Smash Lord
lol yea I thought that it was so easy to execute that others had to known about it. Known about it since like right before !nui's Revival tourney and continued looking into it.

Also those ideas are just what I'm looking for, if I had my Wii with me now I would check the DSC slide, something tells me though that it wouldn't work since Nana should slide towards Popo when you shield just like with shield buffer during CGs. But I won't know for sure until I test it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yay I got a money match recorder today. Expect videos soon.

It was pretty close, until the last match, I decided to CP to Picto >_> The stage was literally biased against me. You just watch it then xD

DeLux

I never understood why anyone would CP to Pictochat when we have practically ever level in the starter list as better stages before that one.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah I was afraid of constant platforms xD
Ended up getting ****ed up by everything. Just wait and see for yourself :)

Sieguest

Smash Master
Here is a video:

[yt]VamFiDMlQoA[/yt]
Thing about it is, every time he successfully pulled off the desync was if he did a RID->some other action.

Ahh heck. I completely blew over Lux's post when I reading everything. =/ Already posted what I posted.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I had to run the MK gauntlet yesterday ugh. lol.

Kadaj, Eazy, Nakat.

I accidentally fast fell into a charged smash against kadaj that cost me the set, beat eazy basically by pivot grabbing his...everything, then took game 1 pretty easily v nakat, lost mk dittos on brin, and then dropped a CG (UGH I HATE EVERYTHING ONLY ONE ALL DAY THAT MATTERED) when he jumped out of his chair on the last stock.

Oh wellz.

DeLux

Oh God, I notice Rockstar posted here and you're talking about videos. Who's ****** me in the video? How old is the set? If it's anything older than the last 4 weeks ago, it was before I found my desync and started to get good at everything except the MK and TL matchup lol.

REALLY tempted to take him off ignore to see who it is.

DeLux

Oh, the last time Fino and I played in tournament WAS before I found my desync. So yup, was TERRIBLE at the matchup back then. I have a few sets against RB saved on my Wii that I may or may not upload. He and I played 4 sets at a recent tourney and split 2-2. He didn't save the one's where he won, which is the one I'd rather have people see and critique =/

Edit: Oh man, I got wrecked in that set haha

Here's the deal with Fino and me. He and I play all the time together. At that point in practice, I had yet to ever beat his Olimar because I had some self perceived mental block that the matchup was impossible for me. Naturally come tourney time, I went into the defeated attitude, and my tech skill immediately followed down the tubes. Even for me playing back then, I didn't do half of the **** that I normally do in general matchups. I think a lot of it had to do with mentality.

Also Bonk, have you ever tried just walking out of SND? That's the easiest way for me to get to your sync stored situation.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Also Bonk, have you ever tried just walking out of SND? That's the easiest way for me to get to your sync stored situation.
hmm... no i haven't but I can definitely put it to use, much more efficient way to use the space my opponent gives me then the DDD method =P

Top Bottom