• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Fine guys. I put in a request in the StL thread. So it's like a 50/50 and more or less up to them if they want to wait for me.
Don't worry, I got ya.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Anyone going to Pound need a teammate for dubs? :) :) :)

I am going now. Only entered in singles for now though. Unless someone wants to team.

Retraction on the Anti-Hylian

TLDR: My desync is the way to go out of FID. Hylian's is the way to go out of RID.

We are have a huge snow storm so I have some free time to sit down and test things.

So I might have rushed to judgment on the utility of my desync out of dash in comparison to Hylian. I can get it to consistently work out of a FID, but getting it to work out of an RID has been problematic. If I use the same inputs that cause the desync out of FID, the RID version of my desync causes Popo to reverse foxtrot, but Nana is thrown into her pivoting dash halt animation. After doing some research, I found away around that glitch, but it requires 3 frames of exact input (2 frame walk 1 frame dash) during a 4 frame window. Obviously this is difficult because when I say walk, I mean true walk not buffered walk. You need to tilt the stick slightly enough for the game to not consider it a continuation of run followed by the immediate dash back. So while the window is bigger, feasibly pulling this off consistently seems much more difficult than executing one input on one frame.

So barring me finding an easier way around the pivot slide dash halt animation of Nana, you should do a Hylian out of RID

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Anyone going to Pound need a teammate for dubs? :) :) :)

I am going now. Only entered in singles for now though. Unless someone wants to team.

Retraction on the Anti-Hylian

TLDR: My desync is the way to go out of FID. Hylian's is the way to go out of RID.

We are have a huge snow storm so I have some free time to sit down and test things.

So I might have rushed to judgment on the utility of my desync out of dash in comparison to Hylian. I can get it to consistently work out of a FID, but getting it to work out of an RID has been problematic. If I use the same inputs that cause the desync out of FID, the RID version of my desync causes Popo to reverse foxtrot, but Nana is thrown into her pivoting dash halt animation. After doing some research, I found away around that glitch, but it requires 3 frames of exact input (2 frame walk 1 frame dash) during a 4 frame window. Obviously this is difficult because when I say walk, I mean true walk not buffered walk. You need to tilt the stick slightly enough for the game to not consider it a continuation of run followed by the immediate dash back. So while the window is bigger, feasibly pulling this off consistently seems much more difficult than executing one input on one frame.

So barring me finding an easier way around the pivot slide dash halt animation of Nana, you should do a Hylian out of RID
Yay! You're coming <4.

Which ICs are going clubbing!?

DeLux

Yes I'm going
No I'm not Clubbing
Yes I'll talk desync theory with people
No I don't want to play Dittos
Yes I still need a teammate
No I don't play Climbers in Doubles

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
But I like Ic dittos :( lol.

Doubt I'm going clubbing, probably going to be too tired and want to focus on the tournament. If my girl wants to go though I might.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
But I like Ic dittos :( lol.

Doubt I'm going clubbing, probably going to be too tired and want to focus on the tournament. If my girl wants to go though I might.
There's 3 whole nights, and the odds (no offense) than any of us are in the Grand finals are pretty low, Sunday night will require no focus for the next day.

tl;dr: no johns you're coming out

EDIT: We're IC dittoing a lot.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can go to the club whenever though lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How often can you go with a huge collection of smashers, though?

Wow that sounds wrong on a lot of levels upon re-reading.
Pretty often. I don't really care if I'm going with smashers or not though, I go to dance with Rauleen lol I don't need smashers there to do that.

DeLux

In your defense, you ARE a moderator.

If I had that kind of power, I'd be all business too

:) :) :)

I got my capture card just now.

TO DO LIST:

Video of all the Desyncs so we're all on the same page
My Desync Metagame Theory Video (because EVEN Albert "I don't desync for ****" Ch33s3" vVv wanted it)
My
Drop CGs
Combo Video
A few matches I've been sitting on

Sieguest

Smash Master
Lux is obviously up to something. o.o

EDIT: You forgot one thing... seeing if you're idea in the LEAPG thread holds true.
b(o.o)d

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'm planning a project of my own, but it stays under wraps til it's done (aka: when I get the help/tech/time I need to actually do it). hehe.

DeLux

I am riding with StL. The plan is for Fino and I to leave KC and pick up Cook and Nicole in Columbia. Then we go get Hylian, Radium, and possibly Atomsk on the way to Virginia.

You should come, we need more Ice Climbers in the car lol

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I am riding with StL. The plan is for Fino and I to leave KC and pick up Cook and Nicole in Columbia. Then we go get Hylian, Radium, and possibly Atomsk on the way to Virginia.

You should come, we need more Ice Climbers in the car lol
That sounds like such an epic ride. I'm jelly

DeLux

It's only epic if Future comes. Then we'd have 1 2 3 4 [5] Ice Climbers to make the Megazord :)

Teh Future

Smash Master
idk if imma come though... i think i have the money but now i find out all of my classes thought it was a gr8 idea to schedule every test and paper due on the days when id be gone loooooooooooooooooool.

but i was just introduced to this cewt track by a pal so i am :]]]]]]]]]]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV8eiSA4vqc

sometimes popular gets it right? I dont evennnnnn

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hi there!
I just decided to move into Icies! (not even joking about that)
Any nice tips? (:

DeLux

If anyone has matches where they experience Nana Failure, VM me the links or let's set up getting me the replay. I have the wonderful beginnings to a delightful combo video, but I thought it would be more fun if everyone else got in on it.

Nana needs to do things like:
Trip during a CG
Solo Squall/Dair off the Level
Belay Latch Guard you

You get the idea. This could be the greatest combo video ever

DeLux

I'm pretty sure I can pull off of youtube using my graphics card, but it probably won't be as good quality as going through my cap card for replays.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i cant go to pound =\

see you all at genesis 2! tho i'll probably be using sheik ;D

watch me play melee ic's! <3

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
If anyone has matches where they experience Nana Failure, VM me the links or let's set up getting me the replay. I have the wonderful beginnings to a delightful combo video, but I thought it would be more fun if everyone else got in on it.

Nana needs to do things like:
Trip during a CG
Solo Squall/Dair off the Level
Belay Latch Guard you

You get the idea. This could be the greatest combo video ever
Should make this more a "project", so we can get some over more time. I deleted most of mine.

Make a thread yo.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I have a reply of my nana just standing still in the middle of the stage while i fight. i was on the stage and running around and using moves and she just sat there staring at me lol.

DeLux

That happens to me all the time on Frigate, Delphino, and RC too!

I thought I was the only one.

Top Bottom