• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm doing some testing now. If you buffer a Dash out of Squall, it also sets it up. I'll keep updating posts with what I find lol

I've noticed that if you double tap dash pretty much out of the cooldown of ANYTHING you'll get this effect. If buffered correctly, the first dash reads as the "turn popo and nana around". However, the second dash cancels the first dash in the buffer cue thus making it input at a turn around rather than a dash. Except in the case of Nana who's put one frame ahead because of the turn around mechanics, she will dash on IASA because as we note, she has no need to turn around.

That's my hypothesis on why it works at least. I'll consult with EA at some point and we'll put our heads together and see if I'm wrong. He's more informed than I am on this stuff I think lol

B0NK

Smash Lord
^^^ Gracias =)

Keep me posted =P

EDIT: thanks, that's actually really interesting and makes it seem more useful than ever :D

DeLux

If you do a forward initial dash and then buffer a run back the other direction, it also creates this situation. It does not appear to work with reverse initial dash though. Go figure lol

Note: I say run in the sense that you input your FID, then you input a buffered RID, but hold the RID input, effectively buffering a run. The RID gets cancelled into a turnaround and every input there after counts as walking for Popo, but as a run for Nana.

B0NK

Smash Lord
that's exactly how i do it^^^ I explained it in my earlier post, I should have specified initial dash though, definitely the easiest way to do it.

edit again:

lol nvm i see what your saying now, yeah i did do two inputs

DeLux

Oh, you said dash dance. So I assumed you did more than one dash input lol

B0NK

Smash Lord
also considering there are so many desyncs using the RID, it's interesting to have one out of a FID.

Thing such as empty short-hop backwards (like spacing a back air), and then dashing forward away from the opponent (possibly avoiding an attack) then walking towards the opponent with this. (also easier than that 2 frame landing desync thing... although each would be used for different situations)

DeLux

also considering there are so many desyncs using the RID, interesting to have one out of a FID.

Thing such as empty short-hop backwards (like spacing a back air), and then dashing back (possibly avoiding an attack) then walking towards the opponent with this. (also easier than that 2 frame landing desync thing... although each would be for different situations)
Inb4 I reveal LuxDesync2

The Preview :) :) :)

I need to do more testing on it before I let you all know lol

B0NK

Smash Lord
loooooool ok xD, should be interesting. Eventually at this rate we'll get to the point that it'll be possible to stay desynch the entire match without losing options.

Not that it'll be the most effective style, but still an interesting one to look at =P

DeLux

I'm convinced that if the character has only two jumps and it isn't Rob (whose lasers go through things), it's possible to play entire matches desynced when you're on approach. At least, that's how i've been playing lately. But my desyncing philosophy is getting to the fast way of Nana being able to do a special desynced for a frame trap.

I say this loosely in that this is the gameplan I use on every character that fits that description except rare cases (MK, Snake, Diddy, ROB, TL, DDD, Kirbs, and Olimar). Well, actually even Kirby and DDD I use that game plan. I play the ROB and Snake MUs very similarly but it's more complicated to explain.

I wish I had some very recent vids of me playing my new style lol

WHO IS GOING TO POUND?

DeLux

L Tell Cheese to cut TWO cheerleaders and let's make it happen

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lol, implying cheese can even get those two cheerleaders without an aussie bro.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll be at Pound and Whobo.

DeLux

Not going to Pound anymore. Schedule conflicts

Too bad Hylian, we would have had like 16 hours to talk IC's in the carride there lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Talk? We could have played brawl for 16 hours. My girlfriends car has a tv that we brawl on.

DeLux

Haha. Too bad you guys were leaving one day too early for me. Those unmovable tests are shenanigans for me.

I probably wouldn't have been able to play. I get horrendously car sick (like, can't even play Melee because the camera zoom makes me motion sick) when what I'm seeing doesn't match the motion we're making and would have slowed us all down.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wait lux, is your test on thursday? If so you are fine to go. We aren't leaving till like..10pm or even midnight.

DeLux

It's a night class on Thursday. And then I'd have to drive the 4 hours or w/e it is to St. Louis. So there is no way I'd make it in time :\

B0NK

Smash Lord
It's plank... More likely than not he is going to extend the deadline =P

Unfortunately I don't have money to enter, still debating if I'll still go though

DeLux

Fine guys. I put in a request in the StL thread. So it's like a 50/50 and more or less up to them if they want to wait for me.

Roller

Smash Legend
So, I know a few people in here have expressed interest either to me, or to tech chase, or other MI smashers, in the idea of coming to MI for a tourney if there was ever one of a decent size.

There is going to be a Brawl/Melee regional in MI 3/19. Hype is already high. Several EC melee players have already confirmed, and are working on some EC brawlers. Multiple midwest states have already confirmed as well.

If you are ever planning on coming to an MI tourney. This is the one to hit up.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296753

Top Bottom