• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
yeah, if you don't insta throw, I don't think you have time to insta catch the second throw

At least that's how it's been the like 5 times I've pulled it off for a 2x string

You might be able to Item catch using a grab order in the air so there's no cooldown and then item throw it down if I run the numbers correctly in my head

DeLux

Fluttershy says I need more love :)

I command thee Ice Climber Nation, LOVE ME :) :) :)

Sieguest

Smash Master
It's actually kind of good, found out that he's really big into Smash. But he did remind me that the cyan I'm pimping right now is the class color of my juniors... which is a bad thing lol

DeLux

I am watching apocalypto with non-English subtitles. I have no clue wtf is going on

DeLux

Is there something about ICs that doesn't allow us to use any ATs unless they're mad complex?

:phone:
I am under the impression if you:

RID > DSC > Frame perfect BPlatform Drop OOS > Frame perfect Aerial > B Dash > IB, it will function as a grab setup.

I think I got it to work but I obviously can't do it consistently because it has two frame perfect windows.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Went to my 1st tournament in awhile and did pretty well. Top 3 is between Reflex (waiting in grands), myself and Kismet have to play Loser finals. We were pressed for time, so we decided to play it out today. I took awhile to get into groove of things, I had to beat a couple people on their counter picks after losing game 1. I should probably take this to the Q & A thread, but I need a more reliable approach against Falco, and I need to learn the Wario matchup. I took game 1 off of my brother, but lost the next three. I did pretty well in some of the games, but I simply dropped grabs in game 3 and 4.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Wariowariowario

Warios hard to grab, because warios hate being CG'd and have so many grab releases by nearly the whole cast on him.
He'll be weary of grabs.

I like uair against wario.
Blizzy and IBs are meh.

The wario I fight daily lovs killing my nana... Be prepared to stop her from dying.
Dat airdodge.

I lose because when I land grabs I drop them.
Yoshis CG is a walk in the park.

I don't know the importance of desyncs in the MU, cause I never played desynched.

Oh and if you get the chance, leave his bike on stage, don't let him get to it, and don't break it.
That's his only good recovery. If his bikes on stage you're a dthrow> fair away from a nice stock.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
D-throw fair can be SDI'd onto the stage and teched...

I don't exactly know how to described the Wario MU...

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Wariowariowario

Warios hard to grab, because warios hate being CG'd and have so many grab releases by nearly the whole cast on him.
He'll be weary of grabs.

I like uair against wario.
Blizzy and IBs are meh.

The wario I fight daily lovs killing my nana... Be prepared to stop her from dying.
Dat airdodge.

I lose because when I land grabs I drop them.
Yoshis CG is a walk in the park.

I don't know the importance of desyncs in the MU, cause I never played desynched.

Oh and if you get the chance, leave his bike on stage, don't let him get to it, and don't break it.
That's his only good recovery. If his bikes on stage you're a dthrow> fair away from a nice stock.

D-throw fair can be SDI'd onto the stage and teched...
^^^^^^^ This
~ Thanks for the input Mr. G&W, but I'm looking for a more detailed idea of how I should play the matchup. I play my brother pretty often and he knows the Icies matchup really well.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You pretty much have to wall him out. Start approaching with desynced blizzards. If he tries to jump over you and hit you, just uair him out of it. If you grab him and nana isn't right there, just wait. More than likely he will be mashing normally (Reflex mashing is scary...) and if he air releases you can regrab him. This match is pretty easy if you stay patient. Wario isn't that good at killing nana unless he has fart. He risks himself getting gimped (D-tilt is godlike since it is difficult for Wario to sweetspot the ledge). If you are winning....don't approach. Don't even worry about fart since uair beats it.

Don't go to SV. SV is really aggravating in this MU IMO. Platform keeps him too safe. I would much prefer YI or BF in this MU.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
BF is gay in this MU.
So is SV.
If you get the chance I'd say ban those two.

If you win the first round for the love of God and all that is holy, ban RC.

Also WTF at uair beating waft and why haven't I learned this D:

warios uair is a beast. ICs dair is gay.
Warios dair is gay. ICs is legit.
Showt hawp all day.

Find some videos too.
I'm bad at icies but I'm wight vs wario and diddy.

DeLux

BF is gay in this MU.
So is SV.
If you get the chance I'd say ban those two.

If you win the first round for the love of God and all that is holy, ban RC.
You can't ban 3 stages in most rules.

warios uair is a beast. ICs dair is gay.
Warios dair is gay. ICs is legit.
Showt hawp all day.
What does this even mean?

I'm bad at icies but I'm wight vs wario and diddy.
I always play as blue, but color doesn't typically matter in matchups :\

Most Warios that I've played will try to Kite you along and mix up directions to confuse you since we technically run faster than he moves in the air, but he air accelerates over 3 times faster than every other character. That being said, don't worry too much about getting directly beneath him to uair because by the time you get to that point, he'll reverse directions on you. Just sort of position yourself to where you control most of the stage and he has to go over your Uair Zoning in order to get the stage back.

In this matchup, I've been experimenting with an SH Uair > Blizzard wall. As in you do an Uair and blizzard with each respective climber. If you can be technical enough to do that, getting through the zoning on that for Wario is horrendous lol I know Hylian loves retreating Nairs and Bairs in the matchup if you're looking for an additional zoning tool. Pivot grab is another great zoning tool given it stuffs all of Wario's approach options if you react quickly enough.

But yea, if you play cautious early and play from ahead, the matchup is substantially easier than playing from behind.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I'm full of typos when I'm walking out of church.
And I'm dyslexic.

I meant in these MUs I'm aight.

I meant don't jump too high. Stay below wario.

I've always seen stage striking as ban 2 ban 3 ban 1
Highest port bans 2, next bans 3, then of the two starters left the higher port picks one(or bans one, however you look at it.)

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Thanks guys, I actually won game 1 on BF lost game 2 on RC (I banned Brinstar), I cp'ed halberd got 1 stocked, and lost game 3 on SV. After reading your post Lux, I feel like I got to predictable just trying to get under him w/up airs. He was reversing his directions and getting some short hop dairs if we were close. Once he seperates me, my brother ***** nana pretty quickly :/ (as he's supposed to).
I definitely need to work on walling with desynched blizzard and I like the idea alternating up air and blizzard. I should have started retreating nair, and I don't think I used back air once against him... Thanks for the input though, I'll definitely continue to work on this matchup

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
yeah, retreating nair and bair are really good in this MU if he is trying to get in with SH.

Elev8, Luis is probably gonna go to a NC tournament next weekend so I'll play him with ICs and hopefully record them. I got you :D

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
yeah, retreating nair and bair are really good in this MU if he is trying to get in with SH.

Elev8, Luis is probably gonna go to a NC tournament next weekend so I'll play him with ICs and hopefully record them. I got you :D
Thanks man, I'd really appreciate it! & Chas may ask you for help on how Zss beats ICs
I beat him yesterday :] (although he did rage quit game 2 after i gimped him on his first stock)

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Went to my 1st tournament in awhile and did pretty well. Top 3 is between Reflex (waiting in grands), myself and Kismet have to play Loser finals. We were pressed for time, so we decided to play it out today. I took awhile to get into groove of things, I had to beat a couple people on their counter picks after losing game 1. I should probably take this to the Q & A thread, but I need a more reliable approach against Falco, and I need to learn the Wario matchup. I took game 1 off of my brother, but lost the next three. I did pretty well in some of the games, but I simply dropped grabs in game 3 and 4.
Good ****, man!
Wish I could've come. :/
I complained to Ryker about how every tournament you're at, I miss. x)

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Brinstar is worse IMO....RC is a much better stage for ICs than Brinstar.
This. A thousand times this.
With RC, there are parts of the stage that are in our favor, at least partially.
Blizz walling on the very edge of the ship on the right is broken as ****, and we can actually solo cg against the little wall on the ship to whatever bull**** percent. This can allow Nana to catch up too, if we need her. Then run away on the platform part. And the pendulum part. Then we have possibility of SoPo CG off the right or left side during the part after the pendulum. Then we have one of the best up airs in the game to keep them out as you're falling towards the ship (which could possibly kill them off the top.)
Honestly, you just have to be CAREFUL. Of course, some ole' bulllllllll**** can happen to us there too, but at least we have tricksies.

On Brinstar, **** everything.
No platform cancelling, so they can camp.
Circle camping and sharking are possible.
Lava can save possible gimps from us (ALTHOUGH IT CAN SAVE NANA TOO. <3) and also disrupts CGs.
Uneven terrain ****s with CGs.
Small blastlines means we die early.
Just f***ing gay.

Top Bottom