• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Genesis Bus! (Done! I Hope You All Had Fun!)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
im coming to your tournament next week :)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
summer is getting boring, so it looks like it.

Lovage

Smash Hero
hahaha tourny between
Lovage
Joe
Futile
Kouryuu
Connor
Atlus
to see who gets the beds.
well, it's gonna be me, atlus, connor and joe.
and me and atlus are OF COURSE sharing a bed
get ***** KOURYUU AND FUTILE

Slhoka

Smash Lord
If anyone is interested in sharing a room with 4 Frenchies, just say so.
We could be Melee room #2, as all 4 of us are mostly Melee players =p

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If anyone is interested in sharing a room with 4 Frenchies, just say so.
We could be Melee room #2, as all 4 of us are mostly Melee players =p
I'm down for sharing a room with you.

a rookie

Smash Ace
Whoever creates another smash room can I please stay with you since we need groups anyways
and I haven't found anyone yet. So, just let me know ^__^

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
@ Everyone: There 5-7 seats left, depending on our next fundraiser; better snatch them up quick!

@ Noble/Pat: Your friend Tom has not purchased a ticket; he doesn't need a smashboards account or anything, but I need a way to contact him, and the rider information form helps me get all that down. Tell them to buy the seat reservations ASAP.

@ Everyone W/ Groups: If you are a part of a group, are looking for a group, or anything, start thinking about it quick, and please fill out the group form if you have a group already (and are a part of it.) Since no one contacted me back about the extra rooms, I'm only going to go with my original order, and we'll move on from there (8-9 rooms, each 2 beds, fairly nice sized/whatever)

@ Atlus: For pick-ups... San Diego (Havok's House); Los Angeles is going to have 2-3. One is definitely going to be Union Station, and the other one or two I'm not too sure, I'm trying to triangulate something good for all the people that signed up (thinking Pat's house) and then, finally, Santa Barbara.

Update For Everyone:

At this past fundraiser, we made $105ish dollars. That's good for lowering the price $2 per person. We're going to host another fundraiser this Sunday. Bigger and better. Melee Tourney + Brawl tourney. We want to raise at least $200 so that the price can go down even more. 1st place for Melee would be a ticket on the bus for free, and 1st place for Brawl would be the same thing, and then we'd raffle off a seat as well. Guys be down?

eRgoT

Smash Rookie
Down to share a room with anybody (I has Brawl), pretty chill guy that's impossible to offend. Looking forward to this :)

slickerish

Smash Rookie
If you play Melee, I'm down to share a room if you're planning on riding the Charter
Bus and staying at the Ramada Inn?
Down to share a room with anybody (I has Brawl), pretty chill guy that's impossible to offend. Looking forward to this :)
Why dont us three share a room and If we want to play some brawl or melee we could go to other rooms.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
I'm hyping this up here, so you guys are all invited to come to it. Check out more info in the Chula Vista Thread.

Chula Vista XXXI: Fun-raising the Roof

July 5th, 2009
Barrio Havokz (Havok's House)
1326 Whitaker Avenue
Chula Vista, California, United States

This is it. The last San Diego tournament before Genesis. And we're going to do it right. We're going to have people from outside the continent joining us, we're going to do Melee, we're going to do Brawl, we're going to do Low-Tiers, we're going to be making carne asada again. We're going to raise money for the bus and hopefully make it even cheaper. The last one was a success so let's make this one even better.

If you've never been to a Chula Vista tourney, you don't know what you're missing out on. Like... at all.

Get hype, people.

Prices and Events

Venue Fee: $5 (All venue fee money goes to the Southern California Smash Bus)

Events are in order of Schedule; Melee will be Concurrent with Brawl (and will finish sooner)

Brawl Amateurs
Price: $2
Prizes
1st: Free Entry into Brawl Pro Singles, Money Back, 10% of Pot
2nd: Money Back, 5% of Pot
3rd: Money Back

Brawl Low-Tiers
Price: $2
Prizes
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Brawl Doubles
Price: $4
Prizes
1st: 1/2 Price off SoCal Genesis Bus Tickets for both teammates, 50% of Pot
2nd: 50% of Pot

Brawl Pro Singles
Price: $6 (Brawl Amateurs Price - $4)
Prizes
1st: 60% of Pot
2nd: 30% of Pot
3rd: 10% of Pot

Melee Doubles
Price: $4
Prizes

Melee Singles
Price: $6
Prizes

All is Brawl Page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6597

This is all for the Bus.

<3,
Oats

sidefx

Smash Champion
man.. if i wasnt busy before genesis.. id be so ****ing down to fly to socal, just to get a ride up with you guys.

sounds like a blast =D have fun guys, and good **** organizing this oats =)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Atlus, Kouryuu, Futile, Joe, Oscar: we need to all talk on AIM and fill out the hotel group form! I'll be online all day so just IM me when you get online.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Does every person in the group have to fill out the hotel group form or can just one person in the group do it?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
DBR said:
As far as how many to a room.. the manager told us "just dont let us know how many you have in the room and we'll be fine." SO... basically she told us to lie to them.. so you wont get charged more per person.
Would you happen to condone this, Oats?

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
I condone more than 6 per room, but for your own comfort, it might not be as cool, because there may not be enough floor space. As long as I get the money per person, and we get the money on time, we're square; I just said at least 4, maximum 6, for comfort purposes and realistic and spreading out purposes.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
i dont care who plays/sleeps in our room as long as me and atlus get a bed

THATS RIGHT
aslong as I get to sleep on a bed, I'm fine with that too. but Oscar, you should make it so people we can TRUST can sleep in our room. I don't a random ******* to come in and steal someone's stuff.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
because Fatboi, I have to talk to you specifically and set something with you individually if you want to do hotel only. E-mail me @ sdsmash@gmail.com. Tell me what kind of group you'd like to be with, if you're looking for a single room, and if you'd like to avoid someone.

Atlus8

Smash Master
F**k! I don't wanna have like over 10 other people in our room! S#!+ is gonna be hot as f**k, it's summer! Connor reminded that there is an air conditioner, but that s#!+ isn't gonna be enough!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm fully paid for this shiznet now.
Yeah!

If you guys raise more money, you can just like, buy me a sandwich.

Top Bottom