• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
4-Piano skills
This intrigues me, do you have any vids of you playing? I have a bunch on my youtube along with smashvids lol.

It's funny because the "No items, Final Destination, Fox only" thing was used by 4chan to troll you originally.[1]

References:
1. http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Dylan_Tnga
"No observing, fox maybe? Final destination" was my favorite one, schrodners cat ftw.

Ironic init? haha I found a lot of their jokes funny. The spam on my youtube videos not so much :(

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Nope, I only play at home and in my courses. I never recorded myself. Though I did 1 concert. I'm not that good, yet. I'm going to Vincent dyndi to master piano next year or in 2 years.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Nope, I only play at home and in my courses. I never recorded myself. Though I did 1 concert. I'm not that good, yet. I'm going to Vincent dyndi to master piano next year or in 2 years.
Cool, what style? Classical, jazz, etc? or a fusion of all kinds of music. Depends on the course.

Myself I've been playing since I was 6, so about 15 years now, I've probably done at least 25 piano concerts, a ****load of exams and lessons and stuff.

But about 3 years ago after getting my sec 4 diploma from mcgill with a 90% I stopped taking lessons and learning classical pieces and started making my own songs and joined the metal band Sacrifycia.

Shameless band whoring : www.myspace.com/sacrifycia (forgive me craiig)

if you've seen my youtube a lot of my compositions and general improv are up there, but I disabled comments because 4chan would rather insult my birthmark.

Also I don't currently have my piano, it's at my fathers but it belongs to me. I'm gonna pay up to move and retune it when I get a new place where it will fit. lol!

Right now all I have is my keyboard but it's better than nothing I guess. Plus I'm busy with my son Xander, hopefully he'll play piano or guitar or another instrument, music is fun.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Nice! I play mostly classical and progressive metal. I play with my brother, dunno if you know that song it's called Dancing Mad (Final fantasy 6 - Black mages) it has nice organ solos and nice strings along. I know a lot about music. Which is what I'm gonna do in life (hopefully) My bro currently plays piano (been playing for a while now dunno maybe 5-6 years I don't remember maybe a lot more lol) and he makes his own composition he did the music in a short movie and he wants to do compositions for video games later.

Me, I might want to do compositions for video games or be in a prog metal band or play classic in concerts. I have piano/singing courses. If I play in a band I'll be singer.

I'd love for you to show me your talent in real life someday and maybe we could compose something together when I get better =). If you want to play and compose music, my brother is always open to people like you he's 24 and he knows a LOT about music. He's the one who inspires me and keeps me on in this domain.

Btw: Do you do concerts with your band in montreal? It's pretty good I see you guys got influences of Cradle of filth, sodom, Children of bodom and such bands. =)

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Nice keyboard stuff Dylan. Never realized you played/composed.

Speaking of music, have I never shamelessly plugged any of my stuff before? Wow I've been so forum-law-abiding, thankfully the social thread exists before I posted this somewhere else.

LISTEN TO MY MUSIC:
http://nickperrin.newgrounds.com/audio/

I write 8-bit, I write classical piano, I write film score orchestral, I write Metal, I write experimental randomness, etc.So, enjoy a piece or two whatever your tastes may be.

Oh, and I'd enjoy constructive criticism, don't go easy on me. If I wanted opinions with honesty held back I'd just ask friends! :laugh:

Superstar

Smash Champion
I, however, suck so bad at music, and the only thing I can do is tell when a note is wrong or "doesn't sound right". It sends a shiver down my spine.

At least I got a skill that's currently in demand, at least.

Seala

Smash Apprentice
Link dittos are tons of fun yes, I just hate this game for giving link such a bad recovery & grab, otherwise he'd accualy be high tier.

Ps: Someone please hack the game and give link pikas up B and DKs throw. >.<

B Link

Smash Lord
Link dittos are tons of fun yes, I just hate this game for giving link such a bad recovery & grab, otherwise he'd accualy be high tier.

Ps: Someone please hack the game and give link pikas up B and DKs throw. >.<
links grabs are awesome and u can even chaingrab on walls

get it? -chain-grab ahhahhahhhahahhaha

malva00

Smash Master
the best dittos in the game are

1. Link Dittos
2. Fox Dittos
3. Samus Dittos
4. Yoshi Dittos
5. DK Dittos
6. Mario Dittos
7. Pikachu Dittos
8. Luigi Dittos
9. Kirby Dittos
10. Jiggly Dittos
11. Falcon Dittos
12. Ness Dittos

Skrlx

Smash Champion

1. Link Dittos
2. Fox Dittos
3. Samus Dittos
4. Yoshi Dittos
5. DK Dittos
6. Mario Dittos
7. Pikachu Dittos
8. Luigi Dittos
9. Kirby Dittos
10. Jiggly Dittos
11. Falcon Dittos
12. Ness Dittos
not a ditto but what about

mario vs luigi
those are ****ing fun

Superstar

Smash Champion
Beyond horrible. It might get 11 frames, maybe. If you're lucky. You can test drive me, but you might get more luck with someone on West Coast.

I agree with Link Dits being number 1. But Falcon Dits are awesome and stuff.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
My list of coolest dittos is:

1. Falcon Dittos (on Dreamland)
2. Fox Dittos (on Dreamland)
3. Pikachu Dittos (on Dreamland)
4. Link Dittos (cool wherever)
5. Kirby Dittos (on Dreamland)
6. Mario Dittos (on Dreamland)
7. Luigi Dittos (on Dreamland))
8. DK Dittos (cool wherever)
9. Yoshi Dittos
10. Ness Dittos
11. Samus Dittos
12. Jiggly Dittos

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord

1. Link Dittos
2. Fox Dittos
3. Samus Dittos
4. Yoshi Dittos
5. DK Dittos
6. Mario Dittos
7. Pikachu Dittos
8. Luigi Dittos
9. Kirby Dittos
10. Jiggly Dittos
11. Falcon Dittos
12. Ness Dittos
The list of dittos that Malva had I have to agree with : )

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

1. Link Dittos
2. Fox Dittos
3. Samus Dittos
4. Yoshi Dittos
5. DK Dittos
6. Mario Dittos
7. Pikachu Dittos
8. Luigi Dittos
9. Kirby Dittos
10. Jiggly Dittos
11. Falcon Dittos
12. Ness Dittos
Agree......besides Falcon dittos are more fun to me than Kirby.
Samus dittos are really fun, regardless of it being like Br(L)awl. No combos....super floaty....Campy

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Samus dittos are not that good and Ness dittos are definitely not the worst. Jiggly dittos the worst and Falcon dittos the best, imo.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Ditto dittos are the worst. Good thing nobody uses Ditto. Ditto sucks.

In a Ditto ditto, the faster Ditto usually loses. Of course, depends if Struggle deals more than 25% [which is what a Ditto loses]. And current PP. Assuming all else is equal.

Lovage

Smash Hero
is there a frame advantage to edge canceling aerials as opposed to just Z canceling them? as in if i wanted to bair->bair combo with link, would it be easier and faster to edge cancel the first bair and then start the second bair?

obviously edge canceling provides a huge advantage on recovery moves etc

Superstar

Smash Champion
Internet being gone bleh bleh bleh bleh.

Means no P2P. Stealing neighbor nets, but horrible to play in.

BLEH

Good opportunity for combo practice methinks. I need Link/Mario combo tips. -_-

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
is there a frame advantage to edge canceling aerials as opposed to just Z canceling them? as in if i wanted to bair->bair combo with link, would it be easier and faster to edge cancel the first bair and then start the second bair?

obviously edge canceling provides a huge advantage on recovery moves etc
Not really for the a moves. Z cancelling eliminates all lag from aerial A attacks. However it is useful for b moves, like in isai's link combo on mushroom kingdom.

Top Bottom