• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
We joined at the same time and I have almost double your posts. I post too much XD

aha, what does when you joined have to do with your post count?

I joined in 2005 and only have about 2000

Malva joined 2008 and has very little xP

On an actual topic though...

what kinda music you guys listen too?

Fav Band: Metallica
Fav Song: Escape - Metallica
Fav Album: "The Black Album"

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I am a fan of multiple types of music....but I am mostly a fan of IDM, a branch of Electronica, and some forms of rock, the only music I dislike is rap.
Favorite band: probably Pink Floyd or Mu-Zig
Favorite song: Brain Damage/Eclipse by Pink Floyd or Hasty Boom Alert by Mu-Zig or Apeman by Kinks.
Favorite Album: Dark Side of the Moon (PF) or In Pine Effect (Mu)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Ya guys have to reach the next level in metal. Listen to Kalmah, Children of Bodom and Dimmu Borgir and ya'll see whats an intense orgasmic music =D

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Ya guys have to reach the next level in metal. Listen to Kalmah, Children of Bodom and Dimmu Borgir and ya'll see whats an intense orgasmic music =D
I like a few bodom songs, most of the stuff you siad though ...i hate the singers...they scream very...ugh..whats the word....poorly :p

For screamo i like Atreyu and Bullet for my Valintine

Cradle of Flith is another band that the screamer tries to hard and sounds like a dieing giraffe >_>

Superstar

Smash Champion
No music. ;_;

I just listen what comes my way and I like it or don't like it. Anything fast moving I like, videogame or otherwise. Cept a few, but, that should be obvious. No examples to mind.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I like a few bodom songs, most of the stuff you siad though ...i hate the singers...they scream very...ugh..whats the word....poorly :p

For screamo i like Atreyu and Bullet for my Valintine

Cradle of Flith is another band that the screamer tries to hard and sounds like a dieing giraffe >_>
In this kind of music, dont pay that much attention to the singer, just listen to the guitars and the whole instrument parts.
Get the album "Enthrone Darkness Triumphant" from Dimmu Borgir, omg, orgasmic.
Cradle of Filth's has some good songs like Dusk and Her Embrace, but the singer sux, he sounds like an angry cat lol.
About more similar to Metallica style, I found THIS quite good

Superstar

Smash Champion
I've been practicing around in training mode. Wanted to ask about Mario's fastfalled nairs. Although harder to get than fastfalled uairs, they seem to do meh combos at low percents [like nair->dsmash/usmash]. Given how difficult it is for Mario to combo certain chars at low percents, is this good to do, or just blech?

Seems like it's good for pressure/approach. Only tested it on Falcon though...might differ by char.

Also, trying to get a Link combo. So far, I have landing uair->usmashx2->uair->utilt->x->maybe an upB. First part is VERY tricky to get down, though., to the second uair, I mean. It's on Hyrule, hits must make Falcon go to the left.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Would anyone be interested in a 12 characters crew battle tournament if I made one?

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Lot of that stuff is really excellent... have you ever heard Borknagar? Probably my favourite metal band, one of my favourite bands overall, and I listen to everything (mostly classical these days, as well as 8-bit for inspiration for a game I am making an 8-bit soundtrack for). They aren't as technical/fast as Bodom or as heavy as Dimmu, but they are extremely original and their music is epic in a very very unique and as you say, orgasmic, way.

Check out the albums "Quintessence" and "Empiricism" first.

Also, have you heard Emperor? It's a mixed bag in terms of their material, but some of it is truly genius. It's music that doesn't try super-hard to be or sound evil, it actually succeeds. At least, many of their tracks do. Their last album "Prometheus" is complex, brutal, beautiful, twisted and psychotic all at once.

Also I find Metallica extremely generic, I don't know, I just can't get into them. A friend of mine loves them but all the tracks he's played seem really "meh" to me. Really simple riffs, song structure, songs you can wrap your head around after just one listen. I find their style too dry to even enjoy as ear candy or pump-up music, which is weird because I enjoy a lot of music if it's in the right context. Metallica just doesn't work for me, too boring.

After metal you should all step up and listen to some classical... not the VERY old stuff though, it really isn't very interesting when you go far back enough to a certain point. Too many rules were followed for listeners today to find it very special or intriguing. However, all the stuff from the Romantic period is fairly recent and is still some of the most original music in existence today. It's weird how, in general, music in Western culture has downgraded since the last century. Also, remember, Beethoven was the in a way the first metal artist. :laugh: Metal bands owe a lot to his musical innovations.

A last point - people who limit themselves to certain genres are just fooling themselves. There is amazing work to be found in every genre, music that will bring out emotions and atmospheres you have never experienced before, so everything is worth exploring. Just recently I've been exploring the genre of ambient music, one I never really took seriously, but now I can't believe I never got into ambient before. So please, enjoy the music from everywhere.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
(quite a big post)
Yeah Daed, I've listened to some of Borknagar and Emperor. I liked Emperor better. But overall i don't listen much to the raw black metal, I prefer bands like Dimmu Borgir who mix some symphonic stuff and other instruments.
The same can be said in death metal for Kalmah, Finntroll, Norther or Children of Bodom for example.
Metallica are old. They are one of the first thrash metal bands, and probably the first that was successful in this genre. Their latest albums are quite worse though, especially the St. Anger failure (That reminds me of Brawl failure)
We usually think the newer the better, but there are lots of exceptions.

Mikhas

Smash Apprentice
Lately: Animal Collective, Neutral Milk Hotel, Arcade Fire, Beach Boys.

I don't listen to metal because I'm afraid of becoming a greasy, neck-bearded, long-haired nerd.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero

I don't listen to metal because I'm afraid of becoming a greasy, neck-bearded, long-haired nerd.
of those last things the only one i am is long haired...maybe a nerd too...but i still get laid so its ok ;D

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I think Death Magnetic is a failed attempt to return to their old good days... They never will D:

Lol dont worry ive been listening metal for 7-8 years and notting happened =)

Superstar

Smash Champion
That was a masturbation joke.

Matt just dissed Surri. This should be fun to watch. :p

Speaking of which, my SSB64 question was completely ignored. -_- Meh, I'll figure out something.

Skrlx

Smash Champion

Speaking of which, my SSB64 question was completely ignored. -_- Meh, I'll figure out something.
Yeah i know.. it's just out of nowhere

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
CoB rip off 80% of their riffs, and they stole from Dimebag darrel. Only a pathetic musician (alexi) would steal from a dead man.

Yanne Warman, however, is a very talented keyboardist, I respect him.

Kalmah and Dimmu are awesome.

I guess there's nothing wrong with being an uptight, prissy, hairless nerd then. The only thing you're afraid of, friend, is heterosexual sex.

Take your 20 posts and go back to 4chan for a free dildo, your current one is probably in bad shape from overuse.

Mikhas

Smash Apprentice
Take your 20 posts and go back to 4chan
What the hell are you-- Oh dear God... You're right! I only have 20 posts.

I'd like to apologize to anyone who may not have noticed that I have a small number of posts and mistakenly replied to me.

Please disregard everything I say until I have at least 100 posts. I'm still learning this internet thing. :dizzy:

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
lol serious SSB question in the social thread is serious

boom do you play starcraft? Apparently you're the only one who got the reference or cared to reply to it...
yeah i play sc sometimes, more ums than anything though. Lately my sc hasn't been working.."Battle.net doesn't recognize your starcraft version" or whatever.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I should get Starcraft, but I dunno, the images don't look particularly appealing to me. Maybe. They still sell it somewhere, or nah? Local Gamestop?

I am sure it'll run on mah crappy laptop. Game came out a looong time ago.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I should get Starcraft, but I dunno, the images don't look particularly appealing to me. Maybe. They still sell it somewhere, or nah? Local Gamestop?

I am sure it'll run on mah crappy laptop. Game came out a looong time ago.
I'm super biased but I love the starcraft graphics =)

everything is so crisp and clean and stuff moves at a brisk pace

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
What the hell are you-- Oh dear God... You're right! I only have 20 posts.

I'd like to apologize to anyone who may not have noticed that I have a small number of posts and mistakenly replied to me.

Please disregard everything I say until I have at least 100 posts. I'm still learning this internet thing. :dizzy:
You're only here to be a troll. No one should listen to you, and... ignored.

captain falcon is the sex
Agreed.

also, starcraft has better graphics than most games

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord

Agreed.

also, starcraft has better graphics than most games
I think Starcraft is the best Rts there is. Also if anyone still plays it I would love to take them on someday in that game Just pm me and we can setup a time on B.net or even on Hamachi :)

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
i second this! ...ignored

Naw me and Matt had a good conversation last night on EGX while i was lurking, ahah, i have a bit more respect for him now (maybe he does for me too? :o)

but I do happen to find it funny he said "left" hand...he must be left handed with experience xP

Im right handed btw so even if i WAS (which i was not) talking about ..err jerking? (can i say that on SWF? xO) it would be right hand!

Superstar

Smash Champion
You're not tech-savvy are you ;(
I can DL it, but I'd like to know if I can get it legally. I know where I could download it if I wanted it, but I still want to buy it if it's being sold. Usually games that old...stop selling.

I don't feel right downloading a great, if it's not necessary.

Good to hear Surri. :D He still dissed you though. And...he just messed up right there. :p

From screenshots, the graphics looked too...rough, but it might look better in the actual game. I know Earthbound looked liked trash from screenshots, but it plays better than it looks from static images.

craiigg

Smash Lord
right no more arguments please i'm cracking down a bit more on this thread

the idea of this thread is to talk about things NOT to post random one line comments, or random pictures/phrases that have no relevance to what people saying

YOU WILL GET INFRACTED FOR EXCESSIVE/STUPID SPAM

Top Bottom