• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Skrlx

Smash Champion
right no more arguments please i'm cracking down a bit more on this thread

the idea of this thread is to talk about things NOT to post random one line comments, or random pictures/phrases that have no relevance to what people saying

YOU WILL GET INFRACTED FOR EXCESSIVE/STUPID SPAM
you contradict yourself in so many ways it's TOO DUMB

craiigg

Smash Lord
i havn't contradicted myself at all.

the rules say: no excessive spam and no flaming.

posting "captain falcon is the sex" or random pictures like you did before isn't what us normal people call a conversation/discussion..

MattNF

Smash Lord
Naw me and Matt had a good conversation last night on EGX while i was lurking, ahah, i have a bit more respect for him now (maybe he does for me too? :o)
Yeah, I always (jokingly, of course) mess with other people. I rarely mean anything when I say things... I wasn't purposely trying to diss him or make him feel bad.

but I do happen to find it funny he said "left" hand...he must be left handed with experience
You found out my secret... D:

BTW Superstar they still sell Starcraft at every store I go to, like Target and Wal Mart and sometimes Gamestop. I bet you could find it easily if you looked. It's a really fun game once you get into it and learn everything you can. The amount of depth in that game eclipses even the Smash games.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I think Starcraft is the best Rts there is. Also if anyone still plays it I would love to take them on someday in that game Just pm me and we can setup a time on B.net or even on Hamachi :)
My personal opinions for greatest competitive games created (not an order of which I find most fun, ssb64 is my top pick in that area)

1. Starcraft
2. Chess
3. Smash 64

Yes I know street fighter and guilty gear are technical and such.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
My personal opinions for greatest competitive games created (not an order of which I find most fun, ssb64 is my top pick in that area)

1. Starcraft
2. Chess
3. Smash 64

Chess would be #1 imo

Note:

Number of Spam threads/posts prevented by this thread: None
Amount of spam in this thread: lots
Purpose of this thread: UNKNOWN O_O

Superstar

Smash Champion
And where did you pull those stats? We all know that 90% of statistics are all made up. Purpose, well...I can talk about other stuff.

And even if it doesn't get rid of spam, it leaves a certain room for legal spam [like music], so it's still good.

And Guilty Gear is fun.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Chess would be #1 imo

Note:

Number of Spam threads/posts prevented by this thread: None
Amount of spam in this thread: lots
Purpose of this thread: UNKNOWN O_O

try that again. number of spam threads prevented: more
amount of spam in this thread: being reduced
purpose of this thread: gives people a place to chat about things together as a 64 community in one place
purpose of surris constant decision bashing: unknown/ possible jealousy of him not being a mod?/ needs to have his input about anything and everything

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
What time is it on agony? Hockey is cool, all star match is it?

Surri you do complain to much, you're a product of the community you hate.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Technically, Surri is right about one thing. This thread created spam. Otherwise, we wouldn't have a music or starcraft discussion. But that spam is <3.

Beat Metal Gear Solid 1. Codename: Deer ;_; Really awesome game though.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)

1. Starcraft
2. Chess
3. Smash 64

Yeah I love Starcraft and all but I don't see how it could beat Chess in terms of "best competitive game".

Also, Smash 64 over Melee in terms of overall depth and such? >.> That one's pretty debatable...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
It's a personal opinion. Based on what I saw from the hundreds of korean replays I watched for starcraft, and how low my APM actions were after 3 years of playing, starcraft has an almost limitless potential for human skill advancement. Almost limitless because human hands can only move so fast, and the brain can do only so much. But [red]NaDa went far beyond the level of a normal human with his consistently high APM, and of course win record.

And I just don't like melee anymore. it's like "oh my god, was that combo 4 hits? EPIC" where as in smash64 it was like "well that was good, but you could have added another twelve hits"

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
And I just don't like melee anymore. it's like "oh my god, was that combo 4 hits? EPIC" where as in smash64 it was like "well that was good, but you could have added another twelve hits"
hahaha. And Brawl its like, oh my god, a 2-hit combo. =O

Anyways, I wanna sig this if I didn't already have an awesome sig. =D

hi SuperBoomDan!

Superstar

Smash Champion
Speaking of which, JaimeHR showed me BEEF! today.

It tasted good. Link v Samus matches were <3.

So much...BEEF! And lol Dylan, I remember when you thought Melee was god and 64 was all about ROLL SPAMMING!!1!1. :D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
So, I was on Kaillera this afternoon and I saw that you were on. =D

And then I ended up playing this nubby Kirby who, like most nubby Kirbys, spammed U-tilt, Fsmash and Dair. It made me sad. I think it was supa mega driller or something. >=[

And then he was calling me out cause I SD'd. So then I ztd him, and right before I land the killing move, he pauses, yells at me for being cheap, and then quits. =(

Winston

Smash Master
It's a personal opinion. Based on what I saw from the hundreds of korean replays I watched for starcraft, and how low my APM actions were after 3 years of playing, starcraft has an almost limitless potential for human skill advancement. Almost limitless because human hands can only move so fast, and the brain can do only so much. But [red]NaDa went far beyond the level of a normal human with his consistently high APM, and of course win record.

You can't really use "it's an opinion" to validate statements that aren't about taste/preference.

>.> but okay I won't argue about these things I guess

edit: lol nice kirby noob story >.>

Superstar

Smash Champion
lol Kaillera nubs. Nothing much we can do about it.

And Dylan, I'm still waiting for your controller. I want Link dits.

He said greatest. Not "Most competitive". Also, Guilty Gear can be played online, but I haven't set it up yet. Mebe...

Winston

Smash Master
lol Kaillera nubs. Nothing much we can do about it.

And Dylan, I'm still waiting for your controller. I want Link dits.

He said greatest. Not "Most competitive". Also, Guilty Gear can be played online, but I haven't set it up yet. Mebe...
Yeah but he said "not in order of which I find most fun", so I would think he was making a claim about the objective nature of the said games...

I could play you with my Link which I haven't really played before so it doesn't exist and it's awful

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Played demonicinfluence over p2p today, got 9 frames, pretty good considering the distance though. I wonder if it's possible to get even better than that...would I be able to do anything to decrease the input delay?
lol australia, that must suck. I suppose you get decent delay playing with the japanese.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
It does, it does. We have one server set in Sydney that constantly goes down and has about 15 Smash players, with about a 5th of them decent. I never thought about playing the Japanese before though, I've definitely got to try that sometime. Know of any Japanese servers, perchance?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
It does, it does. We have one server set in Sydney that constantly goes down and has about 15 Smash players, with about a 5th of them decent. I never thought about playing the Japanese before though, I've definitely got to try that sometime. Know of any Japanese servers, perchance?
Try Smash64 server, but if you have more than 80 ping, you cannot enter, you should try p2p instead then

Superstar

Smash Champion
Just try vs me. I don't mind delay too much when I'm playing someone I at least kinda know, and it's not a regular match.

Also, for some reason, Link is my best character now...
And no, I've been seeing it with multiple matches. Wasn't just one. At least now my Falcon is not as horrible as it used to be. :D Now I can use a character with the same initials as me safely.

Carlos Fernandez if anyone cares about my real name. I'm not scared, there's like a MILLION Carlos Fernandez in Miami.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
So i've been playing online with a ping of around 20-30 usually. Now, it shot up to 100+

wtf. I'm not running any programs or anything. QQ

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Question to any 64 online players...
-What is the census of players online who play?

When I get a laptop I'll like to persue my original SSB ONLINE DREAM when I was 9/or10...Super Smash 64 online.
Also....SSB64 KICK MELEE, and even worse...brawl azzes!!!
-You originals rock for continueing to play 64SMASH(the best)!!!

PS:I'm checking for replies if any when I come home today from school; thanks again and hopefully my childhood imagining/dream, will come true unlike Melee online or brawl online(failure!!!)
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

craiigg

Smash Lord
So i've been playing online with a ping of around 20-30 usually. Now, it shot up to 100+

wtf. I'm not running any programs or anything. QQ
mine did this, it's either your ISP is fuxing around, or you have malware/spyware

download malware bytes and run it in safe mode, then run it again normally

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Question to any 64 online players...
-What is the census of players online who play?
this is a very open ended question....

EGX (the smash server) normally has between 20-60 people online (it depends on what time of the day you try to play), and out of those 20-60 people not all actually play smash.

I would say there is around...30?ish people who play smash consistently.

It used to be a much higher number...but then Brawl came.

And even more depressing is the competitive scene...there are only about 20 people who play to win...honestly...we need more peeps!

Superstar

Smash Champion
However Surri, that only applies when you have a rep. If you don't have a rep, people ignore your P2P calls.

I'll try it out though.

And BlackShadow, I don't frequent EGX. But you can MSN me at XGSuperstar@hotmail.com. However, I might be scrimming TF2 tonight when you're capable of contacting me, so it might be tomorrow [or after 11PM EST].

NixxxoN

Smash Master
i dont agree, people usually try to play the first time with unknow players and if the level is ok they keep on playing lol

Top Bottom