• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Yeepride987

Smash Rookie
I'm with m4ckstunn4 on this one... tired of playing NERDS lol
Malva, you play competitively at super smash competitions. The only hope of someone beating you is a Nerd (Ken), a Robot (Mew2King), or a Bum (DK). Frankly, I'm not sure if that's the best title but hey your number 1 at ssb64 :lick:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Malva, you play competitively at super smash competitions. The only hope of someone beating you is a Nerd (Ken), a Robot (Mew2King), or a Bum (DK). Frankly, I'm not sure if that's the best title but hey your number 1 at ssb64 :lick:
your post has so much failure :(

Superstar

Smash Champion
I demand to know what that private thread at the top is.

Also, I found out WHY I lag...I'm wireless. I found a more stable channel, but dayum, my laptop gets better ping stability when it's plugged in than when it's wireless. Should be nonissue when the last part rolls in tomorrow.

Oracle

Smash Master
I can't play online :(
Every time I download mupen64k from isai's youtube page, I start it up, and it says "Connecting" forever :(
Help?

Also are you going to genesis Isai?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Every time I download mupen64k from isai's youtube page, I start it up, and it says "Connecting" forever
Help?
Go outside and practice shorthopping with some little girls on the sidewalk till it works

Superstar

Smash Champion
We need more details, are you trying P2P or client? If mode is set to P2P...you need someone to give you their IP. EGX is Client Mode.

Last part coming today YES. But I need to torrent Vista 64bit [I have a legal key for 32bit, so while the Vista itself is illegal the activation is legit], and I need to port forward, but I'm at College. NOOOOOOOOO. I'll have to wait till I get home and fight with the long long long download time.

Also, my nets are 256k down/128k up...but that's enough for 64, stability is the problem.

Little girls are top tier.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Because of the new addition of the Competitive Sub-forum and Surri as an extra mod ..this thread is not really needed as much as it was before.

closehamm0r

craiigg

Smash Lord
after discussing this thread, we have decided to re-open

however with a firm reminder

RULE:

This thread is for general talk related or not related to Smash 64 to limit threads that would otherwise be deemed unnecessary (ie specific small questions about the community).

Spam rules STILL apply, talk about anything but as i've said before posts that are obviously deemed as spam (random pictures of lolcats etc, THIS THREAD SUCKS posts etc etc) will be punished

Superstar

Smash Champion
<3 Craigg, cause I was sad yesterday cause I couldn't post this:

I got the new computer, and it's SWEET. Played Surri in 64 yesterday, almost no lag at all. No large hiccups [cept when my brother was loading Steam to play Portal], no real slowdowns, nice and reliable, even in 3 frames. Our normal ping range is 120-130, but it was 95-105 last night due to wired connection.

So I can brag about hte specs:
3Ghz Dual Core
9600 GT
2GB RAM
600GB HD

Would have gotten 4GB RAM, but I couldn't get my hands on 64bit Vista professional [I have a 32 bit key for that]. So I settled for 32 bit XP and will upgrade later.

MattNF got a new comp, slightly higher end. :D

MattNF

Smash Lord
<3 Craigg, cause I was sad yesterday cause I couldn't post this:

I got the new computer, and it's SWEET. Played Surri in 64 yesterday, almost no lag at all. No large hiccups [cept when my brother was loading Steam to play Portal], no real slowdowns, nice and reliable, even in 3 frames. Our normal ping range is 120-130, but it was 95-105 last night due to wired connection.

So I can brag about hte specs:
3Ghz Dual Core
9600 GT
2GB RAM
600GB HD

Would have gotten 4GB RAM, but I couldn't get my hands on 64bit Vista professional [I have a 32 bit key for that]. So I settled for 32 bit XP and will upgrade later.

MattNF got a new comp, slightly higher end. :D
Heh, yeah I love my new computer. Now I can record SSB videos at full quality with sound... and no lag. :D

My specs:

3Ghz Core2Duo
9800GT
4GB RAM
640GB HD
22" monitor
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit edition

Cost me an arm and a leg for all that, but it was definitely worth it... check out my graphics when I play Crysis:

http://i39.tinypic.com/33yp89v.png
http://i41.tinypic.com/szhnra.png

(**** tinypic for resizing the image smaller -_- )

Superstar

Smash Champion
Really, the HD lies, it's 600GB. :p Mine is the same HD, RAM type, CPU, and Case/fans as him. I just have a more powerful but cheaper PSU [with less cables] and a worse graphics card. Also a 19" monitor, but it's really nice. There's a little bit of tearing when I play though, but that's maybe cause it's at 200FPS. If I turn on vsync that might fix it [cuts FPS a bit but lines up drawing to the monitor].

And no surprise that tiny pic makes your pic tiny. :p

Windows XP 32 bit Professional. Transfering my Steam files over, but I got in a bit of Portal. It was awesome.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Anyone else who used to like DBZ feel like eating their own heart?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210210
Yeah, saw that back when it came out. Hollywood can't be trusted with any popular franchise... the sad thing is that since I used to watch it when I was younger, I'll probably end up seeing this movie anyway. But I think I have the discipline to NOT pay for it in theatres.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
They did it terrible.... Like the fcking typical shïtty Hollywood action movie... DBZ is much more than this. Fox sucks as usual, they should commit suicide [/angry mode]

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Did you know Fox is also doing a Cowboy Bebop live-action movie and Spike will be played by Keanu Reeves? Again, they don't know what they're getting themselves into :ohwell:
Lol yeah I was reading through some of the posts on that thread i linked too and they said that as well.

Keanu Reeves plays a good Neo, but not much else :p

D

Deleted member

Anybody know how to use Sony Vegas well?

I been trying to use it and its better than Windows Movie Maker (no random crashes) but I dunno how to play the entire video clip to see if I messed up or not.

Also, does anybody know how to edit the title of a topic?

MattNF

Smash Lord
WTF, live action Cowboy Bebop?

I hope it doesn't suck. Although Keanu Reeves has kind of the uncaring/lazy/relaxed personality like Spike does so it may not be that bad...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
News for anyone that cares about p2p matching me in March.

My adaptors has been ordered. Will take 8-16 (business) days to arrive, but I will have a tracking number at least so I won't have to stress.

This is what ima gettin'

now I just need a new GC controller, which thank god is nowhere near as hard to find as the hori mini pad.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Is that controller you linked me to a USB controller or is it for n64 and needs an adaptor? Im anti n64 adaptor, too many horror stories I heard of it not working. GC adaptor seems reliable due to the technology of GC controller being a bit more advanced and stable.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Is that controller you linked me to a USB controller or is it for n64 and needs an adaptor? Im anti n64 adaptor, too many horror stories I heard of it not working. GC adaptor seems reliable due to the technology of GC controller being a bit more advanced and stable.
?? Are there N64 controllers with usb?...

Top Bottom