• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic the Hedgehog; a 2nd series rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Rookie
I did consider that guns may be looked poorly upon in this sort of game, but then again the shooting from the Shadow game was so cartoony and unrealistic that I didn't think it'd be a problem. However I did not think about the overall reception of that game, so I guess they guns well be a poor addition after all. And it's true that he was introduced to the Sonic series as basically a clone of Sonic, I see no reason why that must necessarily mean that he should be a clone in the Super Smash Bros. series. He could very easily embody a "similar but different" feel to Sonic, but I agree that there are better characters that should be included before him for the sake of diversification.

D

Deleted member

Aughhhhhhhhhhh, don't advertise bad games. I'm sure Shadow could be fine with a moveset that doesn't involve using that god forsaken game for references.
Would Chaos Blast count as a reference, or no because it was also in Sonic '06, a even more forsaken game?

JPW

Smash Ace
I reckon Tails or Shadow has the best chance.
My fear with Shadow is they'll basically make him a slower yet tougher clone of Sonic. Tails you can sort of be different however.

Knuckles is one i always thought of. He can punch and kick. And i always had this vision of him doing a Ground Pound with his Fist as a down aerial.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
What about Silver, he doesn't use any physical attacks so he is unique in most characters. He sends blades of psychic energy, he can fly, teleport, use telekinesis, all that(and more) would make him a really good second Sonic rep.

JPW

Smash Ace
Silver has to be up there as one of the worst Sonic characters ever created. Also didn't his creation come from the Worst Sonic Game ever. or one of them. Sonic 2006.... ugh!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Silver has to be up there as one of the worst Sonic characters ever created. Also didn't his creation come from the Worst Sonic Game ever. or one of them. Sonic 2006.... ugh!
The funny thing about Silver is that his backstory is quite identical to that of the Dragon Ball Z character, Trunks. They both go to the past to try to save their future, as their future contains entities that they can't defeat at all; Silver being Iblis, and Trunks being Androids 17 and 18.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Tails utilizes a machine to fight with like the Tornado III walker in SA2. After the final smash, the Tornado breaks & Tails fights by himself, or the switch can be a taunt.

Tails is the only answer for a second Sonic character, followed by Knuckles as the third. I wouldn't be disappointed if Sonic is the only third party to obtain a 2nd character, as long as it is Tails.

:phone:

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
While he might be one of the worst, he is different from the rest of the Sonic characters.The rest of them use speed and ball attacks while he uses psychic powers.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Shadow! I need the ultimate rivalry in smash but they need to make him as individual as he is this video.
I know i've probably posted this in a couple of places but it is just very well done(minus the special taunts).
skip to 2:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdNzU8IYGk

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Minor gripes here but....

His popularity rivals that of Sonic in some circles, to the extent where he actually received his own game (an honor shared only with Tails).
What about Knuckles Chaotix?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Minor gripes here but....

What about Knuckles Chaotix?
Good point there!
Well my preferences, in order, are: Tails, Blaze and Knuckles.

Thought, I'm eventually prepared to the crazyness of Cream The Rabbit & Chees The Chao. being the very first Sonic char debuting on a Nintendo Console she has some chances too.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I severely doubt there will be a 2nd playable Sonic character. But in the off chance that they do. Tails or Knuckles are must-haves (With a personal preference for Tails myself. But Knuckles would be a far better choice then Shadow)

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I would say Knuckles as his own character and Shadow as an alternate Costume. He can have the same moveset as sonic but with a different run/voice set and I would be fine with it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I still think Tails is the only Sonic character with any real chance of being playable. Dr. Eggman would be the ultimate "WTF?" character, however. Shadow seems to a favorite of "newer" Sonic fans, as a playable character while us older Sonic fans want to play as Sonic's first real rival-Knuckles!
After Sakurai latest statment, it's impossible....
Impossible=??? No. Improbable=??? Yep, unless Sakurai feels like this would be a perfect "surprise."
Sakurai can't just go and add tons of Third Party characters in the games willy nilly just like that.
This quote is from a few weeks before Sakurai said a similar thing. In other words, THIS GUY either KNOWS SAKURAI'S TRAIN OF THOUGHT, or... HE IS SAKURAI!!! :rotfl:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Metal Sonic, Knuckles, Vector or Chaos 0 would be my personal choices

The funny thing about Silver is that his backstory is quite identical to that of the Dragon Ball Z character, Trunks. They both go to the past to try to save their future, as their future contains entities that they can't defeat at all; Silver being Iblis, and Trunks being Androids 17 and 18.
Ewwww don't just call him Trunks

The only good Trunks is Future Trunks

D

Deleted member

I'd like to see Tails in Smash if we did get a second Sonic rep. Don't think he'll be in, but it'd be nice to see.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Definitely Eggman, i agree that Knuckles could introduce some fast and strong playstyle similar to Metaknight's but without a sword (Knuckles does glide too); but Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik would be an awesome addition to SSB4's cast of characters as one of the most memorable villains ever...i mean! At least put him in the story mode!

slambros

Smash Ace
In my opinion, if anybody has a chance, it's Knunckles. Why? Because he isn't a sonic clone.

D

Deleted member

In my opinion, if anybody has a chance, it's Knunckles. Why? Because he isn't a sonic clone.
Worst logic ever. Knuckles for the longest time has been simply a Sonic that can glide.

There is only one major character with no similarities to Sonic whatsoever, and that's Eggman.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Character I'd like most: Miles "Tails" Prower.
Why: Because He's the most iconic character of the series after Sonic Himself and despite his overcute appearance he can kick ***.

Characters I actually see the most: Cream and Blaze.
Why: Because they actually debuted on Nintendo comsoles, Gameboy Advance and DS, and so they are, in a side way, more Nintendo relayed than Sonic himself.
Which, i foresee your OBJECTION!, like saying that if Capcom characters were to be involved in the game Phoenix Wringht would have the most probabilities. Which I would totally agree, expecially after seeing he can beat The Incredible Hulk and Doctor Doom. But we are going offt-topic.
Anyway, one of the reasons for which Snake was included in the roster was the series had its roots on the NES. So the being on a Nintendo console is not irrilevant.
Now, all the Sonic characters have been on a Nintendo Console by now. But only those two actually saw their birth on one and I wouldn't understimate that factor.

D

Deleted member

Snake and Metal Gear debuted on the MSX2 system.

The NES version was just a port of the original game.

Your logic is flawed.

Also, if debuting on a Nintendo system was key, Sonic himself would not have been in, as he debuted on the Sega Genesis.
EDIT: Conversely, I could argue that Shadow holds more merit for being the 2nd most important character in the first Sonic title to appear on a Nintendo system: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Granted, it was a remake of a game from the Dreamcast, but it STILL was the first Sonic game to be on a Nintendo system, and that holds historical significance.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I'd say the chances of seeing a new Sonic character are close to nonexistant. Sakurai has mentioned several times how difficult it is to bring in characters from "other worlds" (third party series) and make them fit the "Nintendo" style of Smash. Furthermore, this is a Nintendo series for Nintendo characters. More third parties means less room for Nintendo characters, another issue which I believe Sakurai addressed quite recently. Any new third parties will be from entirely different series, and most likely entirely different developers as well (like a very possible Capcom character).

Anyway, on the remote chance that we do see another Sonic character, it'd definitely be Tails. Sure, Shadow is popular, but not much differentiates his character besides his color scheme and personality. He's better off as an Assist Trophy. Tails, on the other hand, is unique compared to Sonic. Knuckles is the only other character that has a chance, but Tails wins due to his larger number of appearances and longer lifespan, making him more iconic of the series.

D

Deleted member

I really find it laughable that people say Tails and Knuckles are different from Sonic while Shadow isn't. :laugh:
Either they all are different or they're all the same.

I mean, what is Tails? A Sonic that can fly and spin his tails.
Knuckles? A Sonic that can glide and dig.
Shadow? A Sonic with Chaos powers.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the only major Sonic character with little to no similarities to Sonic himself is Eggman.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I really find it laughable that people say Tails and Knuckles are different from Sonic while Shadow isn't. :laugh:
Either they all are different or they're all the same.

I mean, what is Tails? A Sonic that can fly and spin his tails.
Knuckles? A Sonic that can glide and dig.
Shadow? A Sonic with Chaos powers.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the only major Sonic character with little to no similarities to Sonic himself is Eggman.

TAILS VS SONIC
-Tails is yellow. Sonic is blue.
-Tails is a fox. Sonic is a hedgehog.
-Tails has two large fox-tails. Sonic does not.
-Tails can fly. Sonic cannot.
-Tails is a mechanical genius. Sonic is not.
-Both have different personalities.
-Tails lacks Sonic's speed.
-Both have small aesthetic differences that GREATLY differentiate them.

What does that say for Tails' playstyle? Slower than Sonic of course, but perhaps a higher jumping ability (similar to Falco and Fox). Possible jumping perks and recovery techniques can be applied to Tails, like gliding, multiple jumps, Peach's floating ability, or a superior Up-B. Perhaps he can use mechanical gadgets in his moveset. The two tails bring A LOT of potential to the table. VASTLY unique to Sonic.

I don't see what's so funny about it.

KNUCKLES VS SONIC
-Knuckles is red. Sonic is blue.
-Knuckles is an echidna. Sonic is a hedgehog.
-Knuckles has spikes on his knuckles. Sonic does not.
-Knuckles can glide and climb vertical surfaces. Sonic cannot.
-Knuckles is a treasure hunter. Sonic is not.
-Knuckles lacks Sonic's speed.
-Sonic lacks Knuckles strength.
-Both have aesthetic differences that GREATLY differentiate them.

What does that say for Knuckles' playstyle? Knuckles certainly wouldn't be as fast as Sonic, but he'd definitely be a lot stronger (think Marth Vs. Roy/Ike). His special moves and standard move would involve his spiked knuckles, which have tremendous potential. His ability to climb and glide differentaite him as well. Overall, he is pretty unique compared to Sonic.

SONIC VS SHADOW
-Shadow is black and red. Sonic is Blue.
-Shadow is more cynical, while Sonic is a happy, peace-loving go-getter.
-Shadow is.... virtually the same as Sonic in every single way.

What does that say for Shadow's possible playstyle? Absolutely nothing. Same attacks as Sonic, Same speed as Sonic, same jumping ability as Sonic... he's just a black Sonic.

Your logic is flawed.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Well it's not just that Shadow would have some properties that'd be similar to Sonic. It's just I don't think Shadow should be higher up the priority list if Nintendo somehow decided to let Sonic get a 2nd rep. Despite Shadow's popularity, I think Tails or Knuckles are far more iconic. And I think they're fairly popular themselves.

D

Deleted member

TAILS VS SONIC
-Tails is yellow. Sonic is blue.
-Tails is a fox. Sonic is a hedgehog.
-Tails has two large fox-tails. Sonic does not.
-Tails can fly. Sonic cannot.
-Tails is a mechanical genius. Sonic is not.
-Tails lacks Sonic's speed.
-Both have small aesthetic differences that GREATLY differentiate them.

What does that say for Tails' playstyle? Slower than Sonic of course, but perhaps a higher jumping ability (similar to Falco and Fox). Possible jumping perks and recovery techniques can be applied to Tails, like gliding, multiple jumps, Peach's floating ability, or a superior Up-B. Perhaps he can use mechanical gadgets in his moveset. The two tails bring A LOT of potential to the table. VASTLY unique to Sonic.

I don't see what's so funny about it.

KNUCKLES VS SONIC
-Knuckles is red. Sonic is blue.
-Knuckles is an echidna. Sonic is a hedgehog.
-Knuckles has spikes on his knuckles. Sonic does not.
-Knuckles can glide and climb vertical surfaces. Sonic cannot.
-Knuckles is a treasure hunter. Sonic is not.
-Knuckles lacks Sonic's speed.
-Sonic lacks Knuckles strength.
-Both have aesthetic differences that GREATLY differentiate them.

What does that say for Knuckles' playstyle? Knuckles certainly wouldn't be as fast as Sonic, but he'd definitely be a lot stronger (think Marth Vs. Roy/Ike). His special moves and standard move would involve his spiked knuckles, which have tremendous potential. His ability to climb and glide differentaite him as well. Overall, he is pretty unique compared to Sonic.

SONIC VS SHADOW
-Shadow is black and red. Sonic is Blue.
-Shadow is more cynical, while Sonic is a happy, peace-loving go-getter.
-Shadow is.... virtually the same as Sonic in every single way.

What does that say for Shadow's possible playstyle? Absolutely nothing. Same attacks as Sonic, Same speed as Sonic, same jumping ability as Sonic... he's just a black Sonic.

Your logic is flawed.
1. Personalities don't mean jack in Smash. They do not affect gameplay whatsoever.

2. Aesthetics are also a minor point to nitpick and have no place in gameplay discussion.

3. What their profession is doesn't make a lick of difference either. It's not like Tails being a mechanical genius makes him the ideal choice. Nor does Knuckles being a treasure hunter. Also, glad to see you failed to mention that Shadow is an agent for G.U.N.

4. In terms of gameplay, you cannot deny that Tails and Knuckles are not similar to Sonic. They all run fast, it's just that Sonic happens to be faster. They all roll into balls. Hell, in the original Sonic games, the only thing Tails and Knuckles had different from Sonic was the fact Tails could fly and Knuckles could glide and climb walls.
They started as Sonic clones. Just like Shadow. And just like them, Shadow has evolved beyond that. You fail to acknowledge the powers Shadow has at his disposal, which are just as different from Sonic than Tails' tail attacks and Knuckles' digging. Or has Sonic this whole time been able to use Chaos Blast, Chaos Spear, and the like (other than plain Chaos Control. Sonic has been shown to do that, but has rarely ever done it compared to Shadow)? Point it to me, as clearly, Shadow only does what Sonic does.

5. You've completely botched Shadow's stats. Shadow is not as naturally fast as Sonic. He requires Chaos Control or his Air Skates to match Sonic's speed and/or sarpass him. Shadow is shown to be stronger than Sonic, being able to lift heavy objects over his head and overturn even heavier objects he cannot carry such as buses. Shadow has a whole repitoire of advanced Chaos Control abilities that Sonic has not been shown to use, such as Chaos Blast, Chaos Spear, Chaos Rift, Chaos Snap, Chaos Boost and the like.
While generally disliked by fans, Shadow is also one to use firearms, something Sonic has openly disapproved of. ("I wouldn't be caught DEAD with one of those!") While realistic firearms would never be in Smash, if Snake is an example, there are the weapons of the Black Arms Shadow can use that shoot energy blasts and lasers; typical alien firearms. Or rocket launchers; those are allowed.
Word of advice; play a Sonic game with Shadow that isn't Sonic Adventure 2 for once in your life, then tell me if they're exactly the same. Since clearly, you haven't played any Sonic game post SA2.
Want an accurate portrayal of how Shadow would fight? Go to 2:10 in this video and watch until the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdNzU8IYGk&

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
1. Personalities don't mean jack in Smash. They do not affect gameplay whatsoever.
-Thank you for proving my point... Shadow's personality is one of the only two things that differentiates him from Sonic.

2. Aesthetics are also a minor point to nitpick and have no place in gameplay discussion.
Once again, thank you for proving my point. Aesthetics is the ONLY other thing that differentiates Shadow from Sonic.

3. What their profession is doesn't make a lick of difference either. It's not like Tails being a mechanical genius makes him the ideal choice. Nor does Knuckles being a treasure hunter. Also, glad to see you failed to mention that Shadow is an agent for G.U.N.
It could in fact make a difference. Tails could have an arsenal of gadgets of some sort that he could put to use (if not an "arsenal", than just a couple would be enough to differentiate). Knuckle's can dig, climb, glide, etc. At least it's DIFFERENT.

4. In terms of gameplay, you cannot deny that Tails and Knuckles are not similar to Sonic. They all run fast, it's just that Sonic happens to be faster. They all roll into balls. Hell, in the original Sonic games, the only thing Tails and Knuckles had different from Sonic was the fact Tails could fly and Knuckles could glide and climb walls.
They started as Sonic clones. Just like Shadow. And just like them, Shadow has evolved beyond that. You fail to acknowledge the powers Shadow has at his disposal, which are just as different from Sonic than Tails' tail attacks and Knuckles' digging. Or has Sonic this whole time been able to use Chaos Blast, Chaos Spear, and the like (other than plain Chaos Control. Sonic has been shown to do that, but has rarely ever done it compared to Shadow)? Point it to me, as clearly, Shadow only does what Sonic does.
I made it as clear as possible. Tails' tails have vast amounts of potential on their own, not even counting the ability to fly with the or propel with them. A number of standard moves and even a few special moves can be based on his tails. Same goes for Knuckles and his spiked knuckles.

Movesets aside, their are still MANY differences. Sure, all characters are fast, but Sonic is faster. It's a difference. Knuckles is unarguably stronger, making him unique to Sonic. There's another playstyle difference. Not only that but he can glide, and possibly even climb or dig. Tails can FLY. 'Nuff said. What playstyle differences does Shadow have? None. He has potential for a few different moves (probably only special moves, which are only like 5% of the full moveset), but you saw what happened to Toon Link...

5. You've completely botched Shadow's stats. Shadow is not as naturally fast as Sonic. He requires Chaos Control or his Air Skates to match Sonic's speed and/or sarpass him. Shadow is shown to be stronger than Sonic, being able to lift heavy objects over his head and overturn even heavier objects he cannot carry such as buses. Shadow has a whole repitoire of advanced Chaos Control abilities that Sonic has not been shown to use, such as Chaos Blast, Chaos Spear, Chaos Rift, Chaos Snap, Chaos Boost and the like.
While generally disliked by fans, Shadow is also one to use firearms, something Sonic has openly disapproved of "(I wouldn't be caught DEAD with one of those!") While realistic firearms would never be in Smash, if Snake is an example, there are the weapons of the Black Arms Shadow can use that shoot energy blasts and lasers; typical alien firearms. Or rocket launchers; those are allowed.
Word of advice; play a Sonic game with Shadow that isn't Sonic Adventure 2 for once in your life, then tell me if they're exactly the same. Since clearly, you haven't played any Sonic game post SA2.
While there ARE differences, they simply do not stack up to the amount of differences seen between Sonic and Tails and Knuckles.

D

Deleted member

Lol, you are ********.

There's a ****storm of differences and powers Shadow has at his disposal that would make him different, and you choose to blindly ignore them like an idiot.
Shadow has as much potential to be far different as Tails and Knuckles.
Clearly you did not watch the video.

Using Chaos powers ALONE, Shadow can be completely non-cloned. Of course, you'd know that if you had half a brain.

Since you're so adamant on Shadow being a clone, you fail to realize that the same can easily be done to Tails and Knuckles as well.
I don't care what you say that makes them unique, since you don't care what I say on how Shadow is unique.

Being a mechanical genius won't help Tails if having Chaos powers won't help Shadow.
Especially considering that since Sonic's moves come from the classic games as well as Sonic the Fighters, the same would be done to Tails and Knuckles.

Also Shadow has more Chaos abilities than Tails and Knuckles have in their "unique powers" combined.

Tails:
Flying
His tails
Some degree of gadgets from Tails' Adventure that won't be used
Dummy Ring Bombs (shared with Rouge)

Knuckles:
Gliding
Digging
Wall climbing (which would not be featured in Smash anyway as it'd be "too unbalanced")

Shadow has:
Chaos Control (Control over time and space)
Chaos Blast (Explosion of Chaos energy)
Chaos Spear (Shot of Chaos energy)
Chaos Snap (Teleportation)
Chaos Attack (enhanced rapid punches and kicks using Chaos energy)
Chaos Boost (Self power-up)
Chaos Lance (Upgraded Chaos Spear)
Chaos Rift (Sphere of Chaos energy that sends people into space)
Firearms

I'd put super strength for Knuckles, but Shadow has it too.
Also, the spiky knuckles are in line with his wall climbing and super strength. Unless they give him some other super power, they do not count.
And no. Arbitrary "BUT HE'S A FOX AND AN ECHIDNA" do not count either. Especially considering echidnas are very similar creatures.

Now silence your ignorant mouth.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Lol, you are ********.

There's a ****storm of differences and powers Shadow has at his disposal that would make him different, and you choose to blindly ignore them like an idiot.
Shadow has as much potential to be far different as Tails and Knuckles.
Clearly you did not watch the video.

Using Chaos powers ALONE, Shadow can be completely non-cloned. Of course, you'd know that if you had half a brain.

Since you're so adamant on Shadow being a clone, you fail to realize that the same can easily be done to Tails and Knuckles as well.
I don't care what you say that makes them unique, since you don't care what I say on how Shadow is unique.

Being a mechanical genius won't help Tails if having Chaos powers won't help Shadow.
Especially considering that since Sonic's moves come from the classic games as well as Sonic the Fighters, the same would be done to Tails and Knuckles.

Also Shadow has more Chaos abilities than Tails and Knuckles have in their "unique powers" combined.

Tails:
Flying
His tails
Some degree of gadgets from Tails' Adventure that won't be used
Dummy Ring Bombs (shared with Rouge)

Knuckles:
Gliding
Digging
Wall climbing (which would not be featured in Smash anyway as it'd be "too unbalanced")

Shadow has:
Chaos Control (Control over time and space)
Chaos Blast (Explosion of Chaos energy)
Chaos Spear (Shot of Chaos energy)
Chaos Snap (Teleportation)
Chaos Attack (enhanced rapid punches and kicks using Chaos energy)
Chaos Boost (Self power-up)
Chaos Lance (Upgraded Chaos Spear)
Chaos Rift (Sphere of Chaos energy that sends people into space)
Firearms

I'd put super strength for Knuckles, but Shadow has it too.
Also, the spiky knuckles are in line with his wall climbing and super strength. Unless they give him some other super power, they do not count.

Now silence your ignorant mouth.
Getting a little hostile there, arentcha? :bee: Calm down dude, it's the interwebz.

Who says Shadow wouldn't be a clone? I'm not saying he will be, but if any of these three characters were going to be cloned, it would be Shadow. Tails and Knuckles both have great moveset potential and very little chances of being Sonic clones. The thought of Tails being a clone of Sonic? Now THAT is pretty darn ignorant if you ask most logical and reasonable speculators.

Just remember what happened to Toon Link....

In any case, it doesn't matter, because neither of the three characters will make it. Case closed. ;)

D

Deleted member

You kind of WERE saying he'd be one.
Shadow has just as equal chances as them in being either unique or cloned as he has equal if not greater potential.
Especially when you factor that each were just Sonic clones when they started out.

The only one who doesn't have that worry (that isn't a minor character, anyway) is Eggman as he has nothing in common to Sonic except super speed. Speed that even sarpasses SONIC.

I also love how you keep using Toon Link as an example against Shadow, yet denounce it being used against the former two. Pretty hypocritical.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
You kind of WERE saying he'd be one.
Shadow has just as equal chances as them in being either unique or cloned as he has equal if not greater potential.
Especially when you factor that each were just Sonic clones when they started out.

The only one who doesn't have that worry (that isn't a minor character, anyway) is Eggman as he has nothing in common to Sonic except super speed. Speed that even sarpasses SONIC.

I also love how you keep using Toon Link as an example against Shadow, yet denounce it being used against the former two. Pretty hypocritical.
Nah, most people would agree that Shadow's Sonic clone potential far SURPASSES that of Knuckles or Tails, which is made quite obvious by the two character's similar playstyles, typical moves, movement, and, yes, appearance (whether or not it means "jack"). Even if Shadow is slower and stronger than Sonic, Knuckles is even SLOWER and even STRONGER. Tails is nothing like Sonic either. More contrast. More potential. That's how it works. Oh, and don't forget that characters like Tails and Knuckles are much more iconic and familiar than Shadow...

The Toon Link example only applies to Shadow. He looks similar to Sonic, moves similarly to Sonic, and his most regularly seen moves are also used by Sonic. Tails and Knuckles do not apply AT ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom