• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog: Community Matchup thread

What is Sonic's worst match up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Micky, I'd play you any day.

You obviously dont main Sonic if you cant beat Pit. PIT? For God's sake, dont make me laugh.

Dang son, get ****ing wrecked moar, kthxbaii..

:093:

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
Mickey, welcome to the boards :)

Sorry that you were met with some harsh comments, but here's why a few of your statements are .... disconcerting:
1. Every one of Sonic's ground moves can hit a Pit even while he's ducking. You know that you can angle an Fsmash so it aims downwards, right?
2. I'm not sure what you mean by "drill", is that Pit's side-B? It's really easy to get out of, just hit the control-stick and/or c-stick away from it (this is called smash-DI), you'll be out after taking only a small amount of damage, and you should be able to punish its ending-lag. Pit has to be really careful to successfully wrack damage with his side-B. Then again, afaik it's used as a punisher; you shouldn't be getting hit by it often in the first place.
3. Spins are not the best way to avoid arrows. Just powershield, spotdodge, or airdodge. This way you aren't committing to an approach, and Sonic's spinspecials are all quite punishable as approaches. Though you seem to know this.
4. Sonic definitely has an easier time avoiding Pit's arrows than a lot of other characters, so I don't see why it's such a big deal in this matchup.

Hope that clears up a few things. The people here have reason to be skeptical because many of us are competing in large tournaments, and have a very in-depth knowledge of the game mechanics, whereas new posters tend to lack rigour and perspective. I hope you can appreciate this.

and a great big roflcopter-induced facepalm for this one. I really hope some ppl accept his challenge ^_^
Thank you for being the only fair reply to my quote and as for Super_Sonic8677 my fc is 1418-7483-0674 im ready right now hop on :chuckle:

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
???? are you a complete *******? beating one guy and one character doesn't make you good. honestly you make yourself look like a complete ******.
lol you guys are the snobbiest ***** ever...and yes if sum1s callin me out callin me a noob and beatin him duz make me feel better about myself :laugh:

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
That was a lame fight, :/ I'm no good at ditto matches but you play similar to KC. I hope winning once made you feel better :chuckle:

Sorry guys I did horrible even for me :urg:

You better not *** it up cat,he'll only play you once if he wins.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I love how you leave after one match.

You cant judge **** from 1 match. 1 lagfest match.

I'm calling you out again. Rematch, you dont accept and you're a ****ing coward.

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
I love how you leave after one match.

You cant judge **** from 1 match. 1 lagfest match.

I'm calling you out again. Rematch, you dont accept and you're a ****ing coward.

LMAO I'd love to but you see this is where respect comes in and I would've played more than 1 match if I had a little respect from the start...but I didn't so you can take that rematch and shove it up your *** because I just 2 stocked two people who called me the noob...*****EZ

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
LMAO I'd love to but you see this is where respect comes in and I would've played more than 1 match if I had a little respect from the start...but I didn't so you can take that rematch and shove it up your *** because I just 2 stocked two people who called me the noob...*****EZ
1 match? seriously? it's one thing when it's wifi and it's another when you leave after 1 match. for starters lag fest basically proves nothing. if i had wifi i'd shove my sword right up your *** and show you how good you REALLY are.

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
1 match? seriously? it's one thing when it's wifi and it's another when you leave after 1 match. for starters lag fest basically proves nothing. if i had wifi i'd shove my sword right up your *** and show you how good you REALLY are.
lol figures...I dont get respect even wen I two stocked them lol w/e I'm out of here **** you guys

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
how am I a coward if I two stocked him

and you LMAO:laugh: your an english twit who is duznt know how to shut ur ****in mouth
Prove it then!

1 match over Wi-fi doesnt prove ****.

And maybe I was sandbagging you. I mean, I did expect another match or two.

I mean if you really are "all that" then come and beat me "again".

Or are you afraid that you cant beat me again?

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
lol figures...I dont get respect even wen I two stocked them lol w/e I'm out of here **** you guys
wanting respect and acting ignorant is gonna get you nothing. like i said if you were trying to prove something then what you're doing is just stupid.

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
Prove it then!

1 match over Wi-fi doesnt prove ****.

And maybe I was sandbagging you. I mean, I did expect another match or two.

I mean if you really are "all that" then come and beat me "again".

Or are you afraid that you cant beat me again?

you know wut ur runnin ur mouth so much ok ill own you more to prove im better

infomon

Smash Scientist
Micky I've added you, come brawl me sometime :)

but also there's no need for you to proceed to be a jerk on these forums, k?
srsly let's all just cool it :urg:

Edit: this should all be in the wi-fi thread anyway

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
pat urself on tha back great job *clap
but you dont see me spammin my spin lol no skills bro

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
cat's style mainly revolves around the use of Advanced Techniques using his spindashes

Mickey, new members are welcomed here (infzy got it right) but we are used to people walzting in here claiming they know everything about Sonic/claiming he sucks without full understanding of him

So yea, it's great to have you around but an introduction to yourself and stating reasons why you think Sonic is at a disadvantage to Pit would have been a better option, along with being open to other suggestions and reasons

And seriously, if you want respect, saying stuff like this

and you LMAO:laugh: your an english twit who is duznt know how to shut ur ****in mouth
will get you nowhere

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
cat's style mainly revolves around the use of Advanced Techniques using his spindashes

Mickey, new members are welcomed here (infzy got it right) but we are used to people walzting in here claiming they know everything about Sonic/claiming he sucks without full understanding of him

So yea, it's great to have you around but an introduction to yourself and stating reasons why you think Sonic is at a disadvantage to Pit would have been a better option, along with being open to other suggestions and reasons

And seriously, if you want respect, saying stuff like this

will get you nowhere
listen bro I just wanted to state that because I wanted to get my opinion heard I didn't know I had to introduce myself I just wanted to help. And the "english twit" came at me 1st with a smartass remark and CiTH came behind him callin me a ****in kid so you need to see my point of view wen I'm just tryin to help and I get attacked by 3 different ppl

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
naw ***** you keep tryin me I think I wanna keep it 1-1 with a 2 stock on ur record :laugh: good bye:chuckle:

wow I had to LOL at how stupid you made yourself look today. really it's hilarious. and this post just finished everything, congrats at failing. get tourney experience and then look at how good you really are.

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
wow I had to LOL at how stupid you made yourself look today. really it's hilarious. and this post just finished everything, congrats at failing. get tourney experience and then look at how good you really are.
lol look...get a life bro seriously you're actin like a real douche bag right about now I have tourney experience and I've made it to the semi finals wit my sonic...so STFU

Top Bottom