• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog: Community Matchup thread

What is Sonic's worst match up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Well we could go over the matchups again. Except this time I say we take at least a week per matchup if possible. We just kinda rushed through to get it done right? If we have people who secondary a different character it might help to learn more about the MATCHUP instead of comparing with theory craft like we did with a lot of them.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
its funny you want to talk about link because it wierd IMO. i feel like i should **** all links but it feels even for some reason. maybe be its because i **** heavies i felt that way.

Browny

Smash Hater
Wouldnt that be nice... the first character board in history to learn matchups instead of theory

If only every other character board did that. But then I wouldnt have such a large supply of lulz from the internet by reading other matchup threads

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Yeah. I REALLY want to play a good link tonight online, although it'll be just to see how they play, becuase im not the same online.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Why must everyone criticize my MK comparison why. I just wanted to help you guys out.
Because our evidence and experience says that you're wrong. Provide video proof of you rocking MKs or at least videos of Sonic's rocking MKs and we'll start listening. If someone starting telling you that the sky was (typically) pink you'd question them too right?

Wouldnt that be nice... the first character board in history to learn matchups instead of theory

If only every other character board did that. But then I wouldnt have such a large supply of lulz from the internet by reading other matchup threads
Well I was opposed to the way we did it at first. We were kinda pressed for time though. This time I say we don't continue to a new character unless one of their members indulge us in matches or one of us learns that character and we play the matchup to death.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Yeah but Infzy hasn't upload my vids yet so i can't show anyone anything they aren't of me and an MK but they are of my sonic on wi-fi noted. I'll have more vids after i get done going to Mass Madness this Saturday so plz stop criticizing me.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
its funny you want to talk about link because it wierd IMO. i feel like i should **** all links but it feels even for some reason. maybe be its because i **** heavies i felt that way.
Yeah, Link comes off really easy at first if they don't know the match up.

Like, his projectiles come out slow, so if he tries to do anything from close range, he's screwed. His recovery is balls, and Sonic is great at gimping.

So you would think "Oh...Sonic can pretty much **** him offstage and projectiles aren't a problem.'

Well...projectiles from a LONG range can **** you up. A constant barrage of SH bombs > Arrow cancels...Boomerangs...it can get rough for Sonic to get around those. FROM A LONG DISTANCE. (SideB eats boomerangs which is cool, but doesn't help to much from a distance seeing as the "eating lag" (lol) and the distance to make up leaves you vulnerable from other things.

If the Link player is smart, as soon as you enter mid/close range, he will stop with the projectiles and try to keep you at bay with jabs/tilts (he has a beast jab...and a ridiculous spotdodge which can make close range combat pretty hard).

A Link can really be rough if they take control of the stage...it's pretty insane actually if you let them get away with it.

Sonic has to play really pressure heavy and stay in midrange. I have to say though, once Sonic gains control..then it's a piece of steak.

Such a wierd match up. It basically goes like, whoever can keep the pressure the longest wins.

ShadowLink has a good Link. He should indulge someone in some matches. I think the number is fine though.
He actually uses Link ?_?

I play a good Link almost all the time though, so I'm good XD

Yep...

:093:

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
@ kid kraft: you apparently said some non true things even the easily angered memphis (you'll get used to it) in his own lovely way, simply stated that your matchup experience, is flawed, and incomplete.

edit: Malcolm, is it just me, or have you been using spins more often lately? use used them too much IMO against anther.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Thanks for that kojin that makes the blow less hurtful for me and yeah i know my sonic has flaws and i know what those flaws are and are trying to eliminate them one at a time soon I'll be even better than i am now. And i also know i don't know everything about match ups but im slowly getting into the swing of things and will soon be better at that too

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Yeah but Infzy hasn't upload my vids yet so i can't show anyone anything they aren't of me and an MK but they are of my sonic on wi-fi noted. I'll have more vids after i get done going to Mass Madness this Saturday so plz stop criticizing me.
What? You ASKED why we weren't taking your word for it. I told you. ****. No need to get all whiny.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I'll have more vids after i get done going to Mass Madness this Saturday so plz stop criticizing me.
I was talking about this part. If you ask what's wrong with your opinion we'll argue our opinion. Thus leading to criticization (which is a word I just made up. Shut up. I'm all loopy right now. I just tried to wash my body with shampoo if that's any indication. :psycho:) of you.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Thanks for that kojin that makes the blow less hurtful for me and yeah i know my sonic has flaws and i know what those flaws are and are trying to eliminate them one at a time soon I'll be even better than i am now. And i also know i don't know everything about match ups but im slowly getting into the swing of things and will soon be better at that too
But i never said it was the characters disadvantages they are common mistakes in my style not in sonic.

EDIT - i'll play with craft at MM and let you guys know

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
lots of drama and lulz today it looks like. o: KC it's good you want to help,but do some more reading and get some experience against better people before before making any kind of claims about characters.

I play pretty much the same people over and over lol and don't have alot of experience against most of the roster. Which is why I don't post very often. >_>

When I do, it's something I know pretty much for certain or I put something to show that I need help figuring out if it has any validity.

Just be a little smarter when you post from now on,ok? ^^;

Memphischaines certainly is on fire today lulz

We've taken so long to get through each match up I think we should just start all over. Agree on things that we know haven't changed, and then discuss the controversial stuff. Focusing more on our hard match-ups.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL

Good times...

Well CiTH, hopefully I can get around to doing that ROB write up soon so we can get some discussion going...

I'd also like to maybe take another look at the Link discussion. Lately, I've been considering that it might only be 55:45 Sonic. I'm not quite decided yet or not >_>

It was funny hile it lasted, but at least this time around is good too.

Also Link is hopeless.

That is all.

I would really like to see the Link boards' opnion on this, but thery're all at AiB. Maybe we can get DNES to talk to them if we really must do such a matchup.

I kinda like this idea, where should we start? With MK or Falcon? Or just randomly somewhere in the middle?
We go with whatever we feel like by this point, hence why we have no idea WTF we're trying to get done by now.

I petition we start with the ones that have the most unagreed opinions amounst ourselves.

For example : Here I'm thinking Yoshi was suppose to be even if not only 5 ponits in his favor, where did the 6:4 come from?

god dammit you all suck
No u.

<3

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'd also like to maybe take another look at the Link discussion. Lately, I've been considering that it might only be 55:45 Sonic. I'm not quite decided yet or not >_>

Well, I've played with Legan (online, mind you) but the way it plays, it's in no way in a noticeable advantage for either character. Link's projectiles are good close range, and jumping+ bomb D-throw or Z-air drop, etc - he can safely retreat from Sonic's ground approaches while still setting up for pretty much lagless aerials and followups, while at the same time, Sonic can screw up Link's spacing game and either grab him while he's pulling a bomb or hit him before he can Z-air (though he can still pull other aerials - Z-air can be a common choice while landing).

I've always pushed for it as a neutral matchup.

<3

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Nobody was really talknig about link until Camal brought it up and I answered him.

You got it all wrong Kid, it's the Cordin Bleu Meatknight that has all of our attention.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Sonics, the Kirby board is presently discussing their mathcup vs, you guys

Link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195032

It's a full matchup guide, based on:

Character: (Duh)
Difficulty rating: (Your rating of the match)
Overview: (What general strategies does this character employ against a Kirby? Does he camp? Go all out offensive?)
Pros+Cons: (What does this character have going for him? Weight? Speed? How about things we can take advantage of?)
Watch out for: (This character's favourite moves and when he'll use them)
How to win: (What Kirby needs to do to beat this character)
Spit out or Swallow?: (Do we want to copy his ability or keep the inhale for Kirbycides/under-stage spits?)
What NOT to do: (If you want to lose, go right ahead)
Stages: (Which to counterpick? Which to avoid?)
Synopsis: (Tl;Dr version)

But the emphasis is on stage counterpicks/bans and Sonic's favourite moves

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sweet, I was looking forward to rediscussing the matchup, especially since I wasn't around the first time.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I main Kirby & Sonic evenly, so I know a lot about that match-up from both sides.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
All hail Malcolm, the holy one who managed to take a game off M2K with the mighty Steak.

T'was a shame we wasn't using Steak at full pwoer though, or M2K wouldn't be alive to this day.

I also kind of agree with Malcolm on the point... maybe 6:4 but whatever.

Seems to me like MK is settled.

What's next?

Yoshi

Top Bottom