• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sons of Greil- Ike Tournament Results

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Did you get to play Anther, Kirk?!? ;o I'd be so jealous... good job though. I have to go talk to BO X7 now about this ;OOO

Kirk

Smash Champion
Unfortunately no. :\

He's the only guy from Michigan I didn't get to play xD The brackets didn't work out that way it seems. Didn't get to play any friendlies either...grand finals lasted until 2am and everyone was too tired.

I just have to wait until next time for another shot.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I got 3rd today in a tournament located at Arena 51 in Rochester, NY.

I got to winner's finals, and reached the last stage (Rainbow Cruise) and was winning until I accidentally suicided at a dastardly low percentage (cause I was stupid)..then I died and lost my 3rd stock when the pikachu's thunder struck, I shielded, but it wouldn't let me go down even though I tried, so I died then.

In the loser's finals bracket, I faced the person who won the last 2 tournaments. I beat him in a close match before, but now his snake took his revenge after he somewhat figured me out (Ike's minuscule amount of approach options against snake), he won every match then out of 11, leaving it 2-6, even though a majority went well into last stock. He made a really big comeback on green greens, cause once he down threw me, couldn't do nothin >_>

It was pretty nice

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, I beat Jessiah 2-1 in a close match, lost in winner's finals, then he came back with a vengence >_> spacing Fair only helped so much.. lol

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
yeah, Kirk and his friend ASY did really good in doubles. I think they won, but don't take my word for it.

Kirk lost to the person I played in winner's finals (brawl name Pika! might be known here). He... nair deathed when he was winning on battlefield >_<

Then I heard he lost to the snake user (brawl name TEG) but I was in my own matches, so I never saw.
When watching some of his matches, he did some moves that I wouldn't dare try to do, and ended up working. Wish I could've played him then, but he was busy with his long string of doubles matches. I assume most of the people I listed go to smashboards also (?)

XACE-K

Smash Master
I went to a tourney yesterday and got 2nd going mostly Ike used Falco for 3 matches. I'll explain more details later because I'm still a little tired from it.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
they probably do but I'm not good with names so idk lol. Man everyone is doing so good I hope I don't fail next week. Of course it won't earn Ike any points either way but still need to do really good.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I am BACK....finally. xD

1st place in Doubles, 5th place in Singles for me. Overall, I felt it was a subpar performance on my part, even though I played some very good players. But no johns, naturally, everybody has those days. :D

The matches I lost could have gone either way, but like San said, I Nair suicided my way to defeat in one set, and I got gayed at Skyworld in my other.

More details to come later. I'm a bit tired from the trip and am back at work.

P.S. Finally got some videos of tournament matches and a crap ton of friendlies. Huzzahs are in order!

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I went to a tourney yesterday and got 2nd going mostly Ike used Falco for 3 matches. I'll explain more details later because I'm still a little tired from it.
wow, second? That's great! I'm happy to see so many people representing him =)

XACE-K

Smash Master
wow, second? That's great! I'm happy to see so many people representing him =)
Problem is:

1. It's a small tourney. Only 16 people went.
2. The people who went are the same skill level as me (average).

And there's probably other stuff which I can't think of. That's why I want to go to the city for tournies because of all the great players who're there.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
From what I see. A lot of these people didn't only use Ike to attain these results. They call themselves "Ike mainers" surely but there are certain matches where people swap out or counterpick because Ike can't handle the matchup. It's kind of wrong in my opinion...but that's just my .02 cents :-\. What do I know ...(being the only Ike mainer that goes ALL IKE, NEVER COUNTERPICKING *cough)

Kirk

Smash Champion
That's debatable...it just depends how much they actually do switch from Ike.

And also, no you are NOT the only one Silven. I'm an all Ike kind of guy. I LOVE the challenge.

:D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
~_~ So what if I use another character? I love pikachu too!! I can't abandon him :( so I have him deal with some matches I can't handle with Ike. Beside he does well enough to handle Falco and counters DDD.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I love a challenge too but like Ussi, some matches I can't handle. That's why I CP Falco.

But Olimar is a character I can never handle. I always lose to him most of the time no matter who I pick.
MK and characters I suck/hate are excluded because I'll never use them in a tourney.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
From what I see. A lot of these people didn't only use Ike to attain these results. They call themselves "Ike mainers" surely but there are certain matches where people swap out or counterpick because Ike can't handle the matchup. It's kind of wrong in my opinion...but that's just my .02 cents :-\. What do I know ...(being the only Ike mainer that goes ALL IKE, NEVER COUNTERPICKING *cough)
If I start going to tournaments, I'll be using Ike only.

Because I can't really get good enough with my other characters to be even close to tournament level. >_> I'd use them in friendlies only, which doesn't really matter.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Guilty, then again I don't place either way. NY/NJ is too competitively heavy an environment and has too many outstanding ikes for the region to ever be out of practice against him. If someone were to doubt my prowess with the character then I'll money match em, beyond that I just want my placings and that's it :|

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Guilty, then again I don't place either way. NY/NJ is too competitively heavy an environment and has too many outstanding ikes for the region to ever be out of practice against him. If someone were to doubt my prowess with the character then I'll money match em, beyond that I just want my placings and that's it :|
Plus there is like an uprise in Olimars here.

I do better in PA than north jersey :laugh: North Jersey is heavy usage of MK loool.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Not to be a **** talker but that's also from what I hear PA has a severe lack of competition. In NY/NJ, dan placing 5th is a decent/good day, he basically took top 1-3 in PA first try.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Not to be a **** talker but that's also from what I hear PA has a severe lack of competition. In NY/NJ, dan placing 5th is a decent/good day, he basically took top 1-3 in PA first try.
Its not **** talking :laugh: all the winners are from NJ/NY too

•Col•

Smash Champion
That hurts.... D:

But yeah, we don't have any REALLY good players around here, just from people who visit from out of state... ;-;

Hmm, we need someone to move to PA to increase it's competition T_T

XACE-K

Smash Master
That hurts.... D:

But yeah, we don't have any REALLY good players around here, just from people who visit from out of state... ;-;

Hmm, we need someone to move to PA to increase it's competition T_T
You have Scar and Cactuar. Wait, wrong game. X(

Well you have Chibo and that's about it. :/

XACE-K

Smash Master
O shi-, I said Cactuar and he came. Cactuar is magical.

Edit @ Ussi: He isn't a troll, I said the magic word and he came, he saw, he called Brawl dumb. Just like I knew he would. :D

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I think Cactuar searches his name to see if anyone has mentioned it....

And to prove this, watch him come in and make a random post...

*_*

And also congrats Kirk, I figured you would CP Snake and/or DK against certain people. I'm happy to know you attained those results with Ike alone.

XACE-K

Smash Master
If that's the case than........Cactuar.

And next tourney I go to, I'll go all Ike and see if I'm better or worse with going only Ike.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Kirk can't use snake or DK anymore lol. I've only counter picked one time in a tournament and lost that match but won the round -_0. So all of my wins are 100% Ike! Of course I live in el paso so yah...

I really hope I can go to NY this summer I want to get owned by all the people there get better and then come back here and get rich.

edit: silven posting on the Ike boards? what kind of blasphemy is this!!!

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
It's true. I can only search for new posts with my name once every two hours though. :laugh:

And yes. I am more awesome than any troll you have ever experienced.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Kirk can't use snake or DK anymore lol. I've only counter picked one time in a tournament and lost that match but won the round -_0. So all of my wins are 100% Ike! Of course I live in el paso so yah...

I really hope I can go to NY this summer I want to get owned by all the people there get better and then come back here and get rich.

edit: silven posting on the Ike boards? what kind of blasphemy is this!!!
LOL the posting activity with me is pretty much off/on. Some weeks I'll be into it, some MONTHS I'll be not into it lol. I still play the game often though so don't worry I'm not dead yet.

XACE-K

Smash Master
bumpz......

And here's the results for the tourney I went to yesterday. I got second, lost to the same guy he always beats me once agains. And because I feel like it, I'll show the characters the person got in that place. (but not name because nobody's ever heard of them)

1. Olimar/ Marth
2. Ike (yep, went all Ike this time)
3. DK/DDD
4. Snake/TL/Ganon
5. MK
6. Fox/TL/Ness
7. Peach/Wolf/Luigi
8. Luigi/Falco

These tournaments have a lot of character diversity. Only 2 people at most play the same character so I won't get bored by playing MKs or Snakes like I see in the big tournies for there results.

Hoser

Smash Ace
bumpz......

And here's the results for the tourney I went to yesterday. I got second, lost to the same guy he always beats me once agains. And because I feel like it, I'll show the characters the person got in that place. (but not name because nobody's ever heard of them)

1. Olimar/ Marth
2. Ike (yep, went all Ike this time)
3. DK/DDD
4. Snake/TL/Ganon
5. MK
6. Fox/TL/Ness
7. Peach/Wolf/Luigi
8. Luigi/Falco

These tournaments have a lot of character diversity. Only 2 people at most play the same character so I won't get bored by playing MKs or Snakes like I see in the big tournies for there results.
Are these results getting posted in Ankoku's topic? According to his topic, no Ike has come in 2nd or 1st this month, and this would help him out a bit. He's actually doing better then I've seen in a while.

Also, do you know the amount of people, where it was, and how much money you won?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Are these results getting posted in Ankoku's topic? According to his topic, no Ike has come in 2nd or 1st this month, and this would help him out a bit. He's actually doing better then I've seen in a while.

Also, do you know the amount of people, where it was, and how much money you won?
This was from a small local tourney so there's no thread for it which ruins the chance for Ike getting better. D:

Even though there's no point of saying so, there were 16 people and I won $17.50.

Top Bottom