• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sons of Greil- Ike Tournament Results

Palpi

Smash Hero
Lol Ussi, in my last draft crews, i was set in last. I had to beat rookie, and munk w/o losing 3 stocks. Ofcourse I get 3 stocked by rookie. (Though I was really nervous and I missed an edgehog and a fmash, but its cool.) Lol.

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
Well Ike took a huge fall in tourney results...

Any NJ/NY Ikes going to the tourney in Passaic this Saturday?

Palpi

Smash Hero
I am not. But hey the Ny/nj area is hard for Ike because of the lack of decent counter-picks.

I am going to Blue-Battle Circuit finals on the 17th though and Cot4 (in philadelphia) Feb 7th and 8th.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Actually, he only fell one spot. He used to be rank 20th. Now he's 21st. It's just a minimal data making things look crazy. Only 4 weeks worth =/= solid data for rankings.
This.

Anyways I saw the list and was all like "Whoo, Ike in C Rank between DK and Pit, recognition!".

Then I noticed Captain Falcon at the top of C rank and that kind of lowered the value of it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
This.

Anyways I saw the list and was all like "Whoo, Ike in C Rank between DK and Pit, recognition!".

Then I noticed Captain Falcon at the top of C rank and that kind of lowered the value of it.
lol, same. I was like: O_O Ike in C rank?

Then I saw C.Falcon, and I was like: ............ -_- crap. It's worthless now.

Well, the only thing to do is to have me and AB take first and second in Final Smash V. :laugh:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Ike's been in C rank for a long time now. I'd really like him to be B rank and he is actually really close to being top of C. He was like 1 or 2 points behind toonlink last time.

Sonic mains are crazy though thinking they are mid tier just because they place a lot...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We say otherwise.

That means we actually approve that we're low-tier material.

Way to make assumptions, Burrito.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Kirk wasn't the only Ike who placed in the top 10 at Cyber Arena X; I went and got 9th >.>.

Kirk and I went to Cyber Arena X (separately, we just met each other there) yesterday. It's not much to brag about, but I got 9th out of 28 (44 if you include players not knocked out by pools). I came first in my pool, I was pretty pleased with that (admittedly though, the players in my pool weren't that good; except for the guy that beat me, I was 2-3 stocking the majority of my opponents).

Hopefully Kirk won't mind me posting the link to the tournament; I'll let him tell what place he got.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3563

metroid1117

Smash Master

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
......Dang. That tournament's prize was food if I saw that right...........

I don't think it can be used in the Tournament Result's thread then. ;_;

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
tournaments don't have to give out prizes in order to be counted. They don't even have to charge it will just be very few points.

I wish I had known this when I got second out of 47 =\.

Kirk

Smash Champion
So yeah, was incredibly bored tonight and decided to compile every Ike placing from the Character Rankings tourney thread...calculating the points along the way.

I noticed I was the most frequent Ike on the list(9 times...compared to a few others appearing twice), so I decided to see how my points compared to the total.

Here's what I got...it's a quickie list...so it may not be as neat as it can be.

Code:
DATE-ENTRY-ENTRANTS-PLACE - POINTS - NAME          - CHARACTER            - REGION

05/31/08 - $05 - 28 - 5th - 0.437 - Gonazales      - (Ike/Snake)          - Atlantic North
                            -----
                MAY TOTAL   0.437

06/13/08 - $10 - 33 - 7th - 2.062 - Alukard        - (Ike)                - Atlantic North
06/20/08 - $04 - 40 - 2nd - 3.500 - Lee            - (Ike/Meta Knight)    - Southwest
06/28/08 - $05 - 36 - 7th - 1.125 - Tudios         - (Ike)                - Pacific West
                            -----
               JUNE TOTAL   6.687

07/05/08 - $05 - 13 - 1st - 4.062 - Kirk           - (Ike)                - Midwest
07/06/08 - $05 - 24 - 4th - 3.000 - Michael        - (Ike)                - Central and South America
07/06/08 - $05 - 24 - 5th - 0.750 - Pedro          - (Ike)                - Central and South America
07/12/08 - $10 - 76 - 7th - 2.375 - Hayato         - (Ike/Marth)          - Atlantic North
07/12/08 - $10 - 23 - 3rd - 5.750 - Metroid1117    - (Ike)                - Midwest
07/12/08 - $10 - 40 - 2nd - 17.50 - Kirk           - (Ike)                - Midwest
07/15/08 - $10 - 22 - 7th - 1.375 - JT             - (Ike)                - Southwest
07/19/08 - $15 - 19 - 4th - 7.125 - XIF            - (Ike)                - Southwest
07/29/08 - $08 - 20 - 7th - 1.000 - Jam Stunna     - (Ike)                - Atlantic North
                            -----
               JULY TOTAL   42.937

08/09/08 - $05 - 29 - 4th - 1.812 - The Destroyer  - (Ike/Ganondorf)      - Southwest
08/09/08 - $05 - 29 - 7th - 0.453 - Zero           - (Marth/Ike)          - Southwest
08/16/08 - $10 - 18 - 2nd - 7.875 - Neil           - (Ike)                - Southwest
08/24/08 - $10 - 30 - 5th - 1.875 - Juan           - (Ike)                - Midwest
                            -----
             AUGUST TOTAL   12.015

09/27/08 - $15 - 21 - 7th - 0.984 - KBMF           - (Captain Falcon/Ike) - Atlantic North
09/27/08 - $07 - 19 - 7th - 0.831 - Silven         - (Ike)                - Atlantic North
                            -----
          SEPTEMBER TOTAL   1.815 

10/04/08 - $10 - 16 - 4th - 4.000 - Chase          - (Ike)                - Atlantic North
10/10/08 - $09 - 14 - 4th - 3.150 - Ash            - (Ike)                - Australia
10/11/08 - $05 - 16 - 7th - 0.234 - Art            - (Ike/Marth)          - Southwest
10/11/08 - $06 - 36 - 4th - 5.400 - Edo            - (Ike)                - Pacific West
10/12/08 - $07 - 17 - 5th - 0.743 - Nyjin          - (Ike)                - Pacific West
10/17/08 - $10 - 16 - 5th - 1.000 - Sam C          - (Ike)                - Atlantic South
10/18/08 - $10 - 27 - 4th - 6.750 - Kirk           - (Ike)                - Midwest
10/25/08 - $15 - 29 - 5th - 2.718 - Sanford        - (Ike)                - Atlantic North
10/25/08 - $15 - 29 - 7th - 1.359 - $L             - (Captain Falcon/Ike) - Atlantic North
10/25/08 - $05 - 46 - 7th - 1.437 - Edo            - (Ike)                - Pacific West
                            -----
            OCTOBER TOTAL   26.791

11/01/08 - $10 - 43 - 4th - 10.75 - Kirk           - (Ike)                - Midwest
11/07/08 - $08 - 84 - 7th - 1.400 - IkeTakeda      - (Ike/Falco/Peach)    - Pacific West
11/07/08 - $05 - 78 - 5th - 2.343 - Lucky          - (Ike)                - Midwest
11/08/08 - $05 - 18 - 3rd - 2.250 - Sanford        - (Ike)                - Atlantic North
11/08/08 - $05 - 18 - 5th - 0.562 - Kirk           - (Ike)                - Atlantic North
11/15/08 - $10 - 29 - 2nd - 12.68 - Kirk           - (Ike)                - Midwest
11/16/08 - $10 - 25 - 7th - 0.781 - Ryan           - (Captain Falcon/Ike) - Canada
11/29/08 - $15 - 40 - 4th - 15.00 - Kirk           - (Ike)                - Midwest
                            -----
           NOVEMBER TOTAL   45.716

12/04/08 - $05 - 39 - 7th - 0.609 - Brett          - (Ike/ZeldaSheik)     - Southwest
12/05/08 - $05 - 55 - 5th - 1.718 - Lucky          - (Ike)                - Midwest
12/13/08 - $05 - 16 - 7th - 0.500 - Cambriel       - (Ike)                - Atlantic North
12/13/08 - $10 - 44 - 5th - 2.750 - Kirk           - (Ike)                - Midwest
12/20/08 - $10 - 36 - 7th - 1.125 - Infern Angelis - (Snake/Ike)          - Midwest
12/20/08 - $10 - 29 - 1st - 18.12 - Kirk           - (Ike)                - Midwest
                            -----
           DECEMBER TOTAL   24.822

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              GRAND TOTAL   161.220
               KIRK TOTAL    88.174 (54.7%)
Hopefully this helps for everyone to see exactly how the rankings are broken down and where Ike is getting his points from and when.

So yeah...in the end...we need MORE Ikes in the rankings! Get posting!!

Edit: And in case anyone thinks so, no I did NOT post the "Kirk Total" to make myself look good. >.> This is just used as a comparison to show that we REALLY do need more Ikes to get out there and go to tourneys and post the results.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm working on it....I'll be going to monthly tournaments once I get a job. Thank goodness I live near a place that has a least a monthly tournament thats like, 20 minutes down the road.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
45th out of 98 I believe. These are the people left after pools, top 4 advanced but I'm pretty sure not every pool had 8 players and I heard 98 somewhere.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215531

I have a pretty long story maybe longer than the car ride there XD.

Well the car ride was 9 hours for those of you who don't know. furiousduffman ended up getting his ex-girlfriend which was a really good thing since hylian ended up housing like 20 people or more I think. We got to the house unpacked grabbed my set up and went to hylians. Stupid duffman said he had memorized the directions and didn't want to print out a map so we ended up getting lost. Worst of all hylian didn't have a working phone so I had to call sethlon who then called kal who called me to give me directions. (this was after we stopped 3 times to ask where it was and tried to get near restaurants to get wifi to work on my lap top) Kal finally managed to direct us to hylian's house after about an hour of driving around town.

We got there, le thein and hylian went to great us. We all introduced our selfs and as soon as I said my name le thein just yelled Arturitoooo Burriiitooo, he really liked my name and so did everyone where lol. We put my set up in the kitchen since upstairs was full with 3 others. Since everyone in el paso wanted to play hylian and le thein I went up stairs to meet some other people. I found phantomX and fatty fat fat, I introduced my self and they where both like oh are you that one sick Ike from el paso that went to hobo and I was like yah but I'm not that good. We had a few friendlies and I didn't do to bad except for one match when I got 2 stocked lol. I won about half of the matches which was pretty kool.

After a while hylian and le thien said they where going to do draft crews so they started picking teams. Me and neocell ended up being last but I think that was just because they forgot about me since as soon as le thein saw me he yelled out my name again and said he wanted me and hylian could have the rest which was only neocell lol. So it was me in oklahomas crew vs texas and the rest of el paso. I went against a lucas and counter picked pirate ship since he didn't have any other mains to switch characters too and beat him easily. Then hylian took me to rainbow cruise with MK so I went MK too. (never going to try that match up lol) I ended up taking 2 stocks from him which was pretty good. Other people went and we won by 2 stocks.

Then everyone went to wataburger and we met some new guys from dallas me and neo cell started playing doubles with them and they where like, hey are you the Ike from el paso? I heard you once reverse 3 stocked 3 metaknights (which is impossible) I laughed and said I wasn't that good with Ike. Then after that I landed a double spike when they where both recovering and they said 0.0 the legends where true.

Everyone comes back from wataburger and we did some more draft crews. This time I was letheins first choice after he got all of his oklahoma buddies. The crew battles started and we where doing pretty bad like down by 9 stocks lol. It finally gets to my turn I go pirate ship the guy goes DDD. I own him in the water quickly once then the cannon balls come up. I spaced so well right here keeping him in place with throws and jabs till he died in like 15 seconds from gaining 100+% from the canon balls. Then I fought a pit and a falco I think and ended up taking a total of 8 stocks and tying up the battle. We left after this because we wanted to get some sleep for the tournament. Had a great time at the smash fest and the oklahoma guys where really kool.

Tournament day comes and this time we take the computer with us to make sure we know where we are going. Pretty long drive from austin to san antonio longer than we expected at least but it was only an hour or so. We get there use the set up play a few friendlies and then the pools finally start.

I got placed into dojos pool with see. why. bad news bear and this guy mouring star. The other people wheren't good so I wasn't worried about them. I go up against bear first and he goes falco on me. I ended up losing 2-0 and I was off to a bad start. Then I fight dojo and I'm like wow another 2 losses for me but he went diddy kong to test him out (he later used him against razer) I won the first match and could have won the other one but instead of using forward smash I went for a banana and when I tried to Fsmash I just threw it. So my record was pretty bad but I play a scruby lucas next. I get him down to his last stock by just taking like 40% and then everything goes wrong. I hate playing scruby people because they make you play bad I got killed the first stock then SDed the second at 20%. I ended up losing and 3 stocking him the next match.

Now I win against the next guy 2-0 and now I have to play see. why. who is tied with dojo for first in our pools. He is a falco main so I go MK to not risk staying in pools. I won with a bit of effort but I wasn't in danger of losing. He goes MK after this and I try switch to Ike seeing as its a worse match up but I wanted to go Ike. He wanted me to stay MK so I did. I won again which put me back in the running to get out of pools. see why. beats mourning star who was also in the running for 4th in pools. He beat him twice so now I only had to beat him once to get into the brackets but I didn't. This makes us tie for 4th and we need to have a regular tourney match.

I go MK in order to not risk it again and own him. Then he counter picks me BF and I decide to go Ike because if I lost I could just pirate ship him. I 2 stocked him. Guess I was really nervous the first time because he played just as good in this match as before.

I go up against another snake in brackets now and lose both times. I lost in pirate ship too I have a hard time getting him into the water and his Utilt just owned me.

The tournament wasn't running smoothly at all it took for ever to get to my next match and by the time it did I was nervous again and really tired. I played fatty fat fat and we had a pretty fun match which I ended up losing 2-0 but it was ok since the guy was kool. I messed up a lot in this match didn't land any grab release Bairs which sucked and dodged things the wrong way a lot.

Over all it was a great experience the tournament ended at mourning since they all went to an IHOP. We left early (well at 3 a.m.) since we had a 9 hour drive ahead of us. We said our good byes and talked about staying with le thein for oh snap 5. I'm really looking forward to whobo and oh snap 5 now but both have a 2 month period from now and between each other.

Overall it was tons of fun and totally worth it even though I could have done better I learned a lot of things and a lot about how we as el paso play differently from the rest of texas. I'm going to try and host a ton of tournaments in el paso now that way we have more experience and hopefully travel to new mexico or arizona since its closer than anything else to get more experience for whobo day.

Well wall of text is done hopefully I can post more of these stories soon along with others=P.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
....I can't remember much of my own Final Smash 5 experience, outside of AB 3 stocking me the first time I played him because my hands were still shaking from nervousness (got him down to 1 stock the second match. Thats all we got in. We should have played more dang it....), and being in the HARDEST pool. Period. No contest. Hylian got 4th, thats how tough it was. I only got a win off of Greyfox in the pools because he got FD lip'd.

However, I did have fun going against this one crazy good Lucas player. First match he beat me down good. Second match, the Double Shot Starbuckes drink kicked in. I started off the match by going Full Jab Combo to get him off stage, Aethering him as he came back over the stage, Jab -> Jab -> Utilt, and then missing with what ever it was I sent after that. Nobody had landed a string like that on him yet. (I think thats how it went. I know for sure I landed 3 strings of attacks, including Aether). I also got a jab1->jab2->jab1->jab2->jab1->jab2->jab3 on him. I don't think he had every played against an Ike before. I also got a ground release -> jab combo on him. Unfortuently, I suicided at like, 40% the second stock. He was waiting for me by the edge, I used fair to give me some space....and missed landing on the stage by like a pixal, and fell to my death. >_<

Hylian's IC's were too good. He was so confident against my Ike, he went under and around BF with the ICs. And then I almost beat his Diddy at PS1. XD

Every other match though I got beaten down. Even against Elite 4, who used PT. I kept messing up my spacing against Ivy, so he kept grabbing and throwing me around. Last round I said "Screw this." and used Falcon for the lulz.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
omg I forgot!! I mentioned it in our shout out though lol.

Lee's Ike is so good I can't believe it. we had a 5$ Ike ditto and from the get go I knew that I was just giving him his lunch money, I hope that chicken tasted good lee!

edit: hylian was pretty kool kimchi he messed up in pools not because it was hard but because he wasn't playing seriously and almost didn't make it out lol. He tied for 4th like me.

Edo14

Smash Cadet
huh, I have a few other results. Guess I'll start posting some of them up o_o. Sorry Kirk, I'll rep ike for the west coast for ya. Give me a minute i'll post some results I can find in a moment.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
God I did terrible in Connecticut's ECRC tourney. I entered amateurs and lost to Niko K and a random Olimar player that was good. *sigh* Ike's bad matchups are ridiculous.

For some reason not enough from the pros showed up and I got entered into the pro bracket the next day and I got 2-0'd again. Lost to Blackwaltz(Best Olimar in EC) and then Snakee(Best Zero Suit in EC). The final match with me and Blackwaltz was so epic though. I counterpicked Norfair and it worked soooooo well, I was ahead the whole game...until I nair SD'd off of one of the platforms on the last stock LMAO!!

Oh well, hard work will prevail!! More training to be done. Stay tuned.

Sito Sama

Smash Cadet
God I did terrible in Connecticut's ECRC tourney. I entered amateurs and lost to Niko K and a random Olimar player that was good. *sigh* Ike's bad matchups are ridiculous.

For some reason not enough from the pros showed up and I got entered into the pro bracket the next day and I got 2-0'd again. Lost to Blackwaltz(Best Olimar in EC) and then Snakee(Best Zero Suit in EC). The final match with me and Blackwaltz was so epic though. I counterpicked Norfair and it worked soooooo well, I was ahead the whole game...until I nair SD'd off of one of the platforms on the last stock LMAO!!

Oh well, hard work will prevail!! More training to be done. Stay tuned.
LOL the infamous nair SD, how many stocks has it taken from us Ike players xD

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I gotta say, I'm impressed with the tourney results Ike players have been getting. I'm very surprised, considering his rank on the tier list kinda gives off a minimum userage sort of vibe.

Anyways, I've been meaning to pick a tourney to use just Ike, but I just haven't gotten confident with him yet. I can do very well with Ike, but I haven't gotten to that confidence level I've gotten with Snake or Bowser (even though, sometimes, I do better with Ike than Snake, and many times I find my Ike is greater, if not equal in skill, with my Bowser).

Well, I'll practice with the character and try to place as well as you guys have, or at least as my other two mains have been doing so far.

Top Bottom