• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Indeed, I wish everyone the best of luck. Moral of the story= Smashers SAVE UP UR MONEY AND GO TO EVERYTHING!!!

I also forgot to announce that we will be doing a sort of amateur bracket at this tournament. When pools are done down to top 32 or so the people who were eliminated will have a chance to buy back in and go into a separate bracket. That bracket will be played out just like the top 32, with the winners of THAT tournament also making the prize money paid to get in. This is a common concept in other fighting game communities and we are going to implement it to GAMME also. More prize winners anyone? More people with a chance to win money?? I am going to pay out as many players as possible here, i love giving tons o' people moneys
Wow Plank is amazing. I'm seriously considering going if there's an amaetur bracket and your tournies sound amazing......good stuff man.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
its all good, i think the time slot we were aiming for will be like directly in the middle of this, and apex..

its just..... one other tournament i know of that we will be in direct competition for D=
hope nothing terribly huge is planned for Genesis 2 XD!!!

on the real, though, EC just got beyooond mad hyped after Pound! Plus everyone who's ever had a growing tournament series is trying to step it up to that next level...but like...ALL AT THE SAME TIME >_<!!! [like Tipped Off 6 this fall......hopefully XD]

I can't believe how much Melee has picked back up, though...<3!!!!

Now if only we could find a way to get kids to play Melee casually again.......[it's how we all got started =D]

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea, i saw this thread like when they made it months ago, and i said i'd go. at the time it wasnt planned to be huge on brawl

but now that it has the plank hosting seal of approval, and its gonna get mad hype, this is ****ing amazing. plus i only live 30 minutes away? good stuff, good stuff...

I can maybe house some peoples since the airport is 15 minutes away

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
some more info. Basshunter is performing.

*vomits gleefully*

GAMME - Gaming, Anime, Music & Manga Exposition - GXP for short, is a Massive Gaming undertaking. Our focus is the gaming community at large. With massive amounts of console, PC, TCG and Arcade gaming - GXP hopes to host the most amount of Major Tournaments under one roof. 16 Fighter Community Tournaments, 2 Rhythm Gaming Tournaments, 3 FPS Community Tournaments and many more being announced for PC and TCG - GXP aims to maintain a focus on Major tournaments in the South East - all with over $1000 in Bonus Pots, $10,000 split for a 5v5 Japan vs. America Match and $5000 for a singles Street Fighter IV tournament.

Attracting some of the Best players from all over the World GXP has a huge community following in the Street Fighter IV Community - with 6 of the best from Japan, Mago, Daigo, Nuki, Momochi, Gosho and Issei competing for glory and major prize pots, GXP is looking to become the premiere location to compete in this region of the country. GPX Gaming has been working with some of the best and most well known tournament organizers in the US to work with our Tournament Operations to run the smoothest and most well streamed tournaments the East Coast has ever experienced. Some of the Best commentators are being brought into play as we organize each of our tournament Arenas.

GXP will be hosting over 100 hours of Celebrity Question and Answer sessions with guests from all over the Gaming Communities and industry, with guests like OverClocked Remix which composed the Soundtrack for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, to Voice Over Artists from the Street Fighter IV series. Keigo Hoashi, one of the composers from Bandai Namco who worked on Tekken 6 to Richard Epcar who voices characters in the Original Street Fighter Animated Series and Film.

Anime Fans not to be forgotten, GXP will be hosting a full Manga Library, a JRock Lounge which will host a variety of Jrock Events and 3 Q&A Sessions with our Jrock Groups - ArtBeat, ToyBox and Tadahisa Yoshida. GXP will be hosting 18 Cosplay based events for the Cosplay lovers of the State and will be launching our invitational Cosplay event "Model & Maker" which will be a Reality based event at the hotel for the 4 invited Guests - Everything they do all weekend long will be filmed and the pressure will be on as each day of the event they will have to produce a Costume based on the criteria set forth by our judges and guest MC - Yaya Han.

We will also be hosting Anime Video Rooms for the enjoyment of the fans, we will be focusing on a cross between the newest material out in Japan and some specific titles based on the guests we have at the event - with the guests sitting in attendance for those showings for commentary.

Panels galore await the attendee as GXP's Staff have been planning meticulously for the events we are creating, keeping them relevant and fun, from our Halo Q&A with Steve Downes, Steve Blum and Jen Taylor to our "Masters of the Universe" Series with the top Voice Over Artists from the leading games coming out in 2010.

GXP will also be hosting the GXP Music Festival - which will be a massive Concert and Sound Stage out in the Fairgrounds of the Florida Hotel and Conference Center. 150,000 person capacity as we bring none other then BassHunter to perform as our Guest of Honor. Our MC SMR Impact Bold a DJ hailing from the Boston Area will kick off our Music Festival and keep the party jumping as our performances come on stage one by one.

We have a lot in store for the South East and we hope that you get a chance to participate with us at GAMME.

When

Friday, June 04, 2010 at 10:00 AM
- to -
Sunday, June 06, 2010 at 8:00 PM (ET)
Add to my calendar Add to my calendar
Outlook Outlook Calendar
Google Calendar Google Calendar
Yahoo! Calendar Yahoo! Calendar
iCal Calendar iCal Calendar
Where
The Florida Hotel & Conference Center
1500 Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32809

Yahoo | Mapquest | Microsoft

Hosted By
GPX Gaming

GPX Gaming is an internationally recognized gaming and events company working with all communities to put together the best in gaming events all over the world. From building events for the largest Anime and Gaming conventions in the US to branching out to Japan for the largest multinational events overseas. GPX Gaming strives to bring together industry & community under one roof. GAMME is GPX Gaming's latest project that strives to utilize the "Japanese Multi-Genre" culture properly. The largest focus is the gaming community, but also provides cultural background and exposition for the gaming industry with a variety of the attentions on the community aspects the industry.

Banks

Smash Hero
Now if only we could find a way to get kids to play Melee casually again.......[it's how we all got started =D]
clearly it should be released with online functionality on the wii virtual console as the first downloadable gcn title.

does anyone know shigeru miyamoto's address so i can get this done
it will involve firearms and death threats but i think i could pull it off

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
some more info. Basshunter is performing.

*vomits gleefully*

GAMME - Gaming, Anime, Music & Manga Exposition - GXP for short, is a Massive Gaming undertaking. Our focus is the gaming community at large. With massive amounts of console, PC, TCG and Arcade gaming - GXP hopes to host the most amount of Major Tournaments under one roof. 16 Fighter Community Tournaments, 2 Rhythm Gaming Tournaments, 3 FPS Community Tournaments and many more being announced for PC and TCG - GXP aims to maintain a focus on Major tournaments in the South East - all with over $1000 in Bonus Pots, $10,000 split for a 5v5 Japan vs. America Match and $5000 for a singles Street Fighter IV tournament.

Attracting some of the Best players from all over the World GXP has a huge community following in the Street Fighter IV Community - with 6 of the best from Japan, Mago, Daigo, Nuki, Momochi, Gosho and Issei competing for glory and major prize pots, GXP is looking to become the premiere location to compete in this region of the country. GPX Gaming has been working with some of the best and most well known tournament organizers in the US to work with our Tournament Operations to run the smoothest and most well streamed tournaments the East Coast has ever experienced. Some of the Best commentators are being brought into play as we organize each of our tournament Arenas.

GXP will be hosting over 100 hours of Celebrity Question and Answer sessions with guests from all over the Gaming Communities and industry, with guests like OverClocked Remix which composed the Soundtrack for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, to Voice Over Artists from the Street Fighter IV series. Keigo Hoashi, one of the composers from Bandai Namco who worked on Tekken 6 to Richard Epcar who voices characters in the Original Street Fighter Animated Series and Film.

Anime Fans not to be forgotten, GXP will be hosting a full Manga Library, a JRock Lounge which will host a variety of Jrock Events and 3 Q&A Sessions with our Jrock Groups - ArtBeat, ToyBox and Tadahisa Yoshida. GXP will be hosting 18 Cosplay based events for the Cosplay lovers of the State and will be launching our invitational Cosplay event "Model & Maker" which will be a Reality based event at the hotel for the 4 invited Guests - Everything they do all weekend long will be filmed and the pressure will be on as each day of the event they will have to produce a Costume based on the criteria set forth by our judges and guest MC - Yaya Han.

We will also be hosting Anime Video Rooms for the enjoyment of the fans, we will be focusing on a cross between the newest material out in Japan and some specific titles based on the guests we have at the event - with the guests sitting in attendance for those showings for commentary.

Panels galore await the attendee as GXP's Staff have been planning meticulously for the events we are creating, keeping them relevant and fun, from our Halo Q&A with Steve Downes, Steve Blum and Jen Taylor to our "Masters of the Universe" Series with the top Voice Over Artists from the leading games coming out in 2010.

GXP will also be hosting the GXP Music Festival - which will be a massive Concert and Sound Stage out in the Fairgrounds of the Florida Hotel and Conference Center. 150,000 person capacity as we bring none other then BassHunter to perform as our Guest of Honor. Our MC SMR Impact Bold a DJ hailing from the Boston Area will kick off our Music Festival and keep the party jumping as our performances come on stage one by one.

We have a lot in store for the South East and we hope that you get a chance to participate with us at GAMME.

When

Friday, June 04, 2010 at 10:00 AM
- to -
Sunday, June 06, 2010 at 8:00 PM (ET)
Add to my calendar Add to my calendar
Outlook Outlook Calendar
Google Calendar Google Calendar
Yahoo! Calendar Yahoo! Calendar
iCal Calendar iCal Calendar
Where
The Florida Hotel & Conference Center
1500 Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32809

Yahoo | Mapquest | Microsoft

Hosted By
GPX Gaming

GPX Gaming is an internationally recognized gaming and events company working with all communities to put together the best in gaming events all over the world. From building events for the largest Anime and Gaming conventions in the US to branching out to Japan for the largest multinational events overseas. GPX Gaming strives to bring together industry & community under one roof. GAMME is GPX Gaming's latest project that strives to utilize the "Japanese Multi-Genre" culture properly. The largest focus is the gaming community, but also provides cultural background and exposition for the gaming industry with a variety of the attentions on the community aspects the industry.

yep. as i said im trying to keep it to the smash side, but god**** is there so much more.

BASSHUNTER? epic. cant top that.

TheLake

Smash Master
The venue looks like a freakin cathedral

I like hungryboxes parents

Can we stay with you mr. box? *gives cute zelda eyelashes*

Id whine that there are soo many tourneys to attend within the hour

but like....

theres so many games

and manga n ****

and a ****ing mall is near by

AND YOU CAN BUY BACK INTO A SEPERATE TOURNEY

This got priority for me

lets eat!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Basshunter is coming? Dude, this has gotta be the best way to start off the year lol.

WILL THERE BE LIVE STREAM? SAY YES

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
of course there will be live stream. probably multiple this time. giant convention center=tons of bandwidth. if u guys are interested to see what is here aside from smash look into it, the official website should also be up soon for GAMME which will detail everything. you guys will be blown :D lol

Kaffei

Smash Hero
of course there will be live stream. probably multiple this time. giant convention center=tons of bandwidth. if u guys are interested to see what is here aside from smash look into it, the official website should also be up soon for GAMME which will detail everything. you guys will be blown :D lol
Meaning Melee will be streamed simultaneously with Brawl? :D

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Meaning Melee will be streamed simultaneously with Brawl? :D
well the games wont be simultaneously run this tournament. gonna finish melee before brawl. friendly tvs will run simultaneous, but thats it

Zoro

Smash Champion
this is five minutes from my house lol

if you need help with something plank id be willing to help out
you can probably count on me for rides too from the airport which is literally like 5 mins away from my house

Kaffei

Smash Hero
well the games wont be simultaneously run this tournament. gonna finish melee before brawl. friendly tvs will run simultaneous, but thats it
Works for me. Thanks plank for organizing this fat *** ****ing big tournament :D cant wait

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
so many posts to read lol.

let me answer a few

GPX = Gamers Paradise Xtreme Gaming
GXP = Game Expo (GAMME - Gaming, Anime, Music & Manga Expo)

Hungry Box! yes I still want you to help run pools and brackets at the event with Frames!!! I love that guy! Plank is our official Operations Head or Tournament Official for our Smash department, he will have whatever he needs to make this department a success. We love incorporating the best from all communities to make sure we do things the right way and for those communities. Our goal is be the craziest combination of gaming communities playing together and doing what they love under one roof!

HYPE! I am so excited to have plank with us...Better than Pound O_O - You do us too much credit, Pound was a fantastic event and if our smash event is half of what pound is, I would be a happy gamer.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
http://www.thefloridahotelorlando.com/
That's the link to the venue. It looks very convenient. It's right by(minutes) an airport.
Hoping there will be a hotel deal due to the event.

I'm also hoping this isn't a typical anime-tard ****bag convention.

Raise singles to 20.

MLG had a ranking system and invitationals and travel stipends for top 8, it's a start though I guess.

Sounds like Magfest

Not an anime convention but we have as much if not more then most events do for our cosplay, jrock and manga events and spaces.

We do have a hotel rate which is $119 a night for a double or king room.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
its all good, i think the time slot we were aiming for will be like directly in the middle of this, and apex..

its just..... one other tournament i know of that we will be in direct competition for D=
its not a competition bud! its for the community, whatever you need you let us know and we will do our best to help you as well. give me a pm or an email - manny.camacho@gpxgaming.net - we did the same for Plank with Pound - its never about competition, its about what we can all build together.

hungrybox

Smash Legend

*VOMITS*

woooooooooooow.

Anyways, Manny, I'll be glad to help run the tournament.

At pound 4 I announced lots of matches, and handed out Pool sheets and pens, lol.

I housed 30 people for winterfest.

OMG....

Ally is staying with me for sure tho :D

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Jesus, this is so hard to make a decision now... If only the Europeans would come to this I would definitely come to this instead of APEX. If our SF4 players go to this I might go then. It sounds freaking awesome!

Zoro or HBox would hopefully house us right!?! Sounds Epic! Let's see which tournament attracts us more!

PS. ****, I graduate from college June 11. Wow...

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Trust me, the International smashers are going to APEX. (Japan and Europe expected)

This one has a lot of international people from other gaming communities, and a lot of anime convention celebrity stuff.

This and APEX will both be amazing tournaments.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
because the main site has undergone multiple changes, mainly in webmasters lol we dont have all the info posted for you guys.

but for every hotel room that anyone registers to and registers for the convention they get a free badge for a friend.

I will be issuing those closer to the event because the hotel rooms are easy to track and follow.

HungryBox! Awesome,

Also Amsah told me he is going to try and make it, I hope he does! I would love to see Armada come out to this along with some of the other players from EU.

On the SFIV side, pretty much all of East coast and West coast will be coming to the event along with players spread throughout.

more info on that is found on the SRK board

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
honestly, this year is destroying 2009 as far as smash tourneys go, and its only been like a month.

this one will have SFIV too? from top international players? too sexy. Gotta not get super wrecked with my viper :laugh:

Eggm

Smash Hero
49 setups is nice, but hopefully FL steps it up and makes that closer to 100 so we can all get tons of friendlies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom