• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOTP five North attleboro MA 6-26-10

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I have a feeling I won't be at this, just got a new job that has me working most weekends, and I can't ask to have my schedule changed within the week.

MAF, wreck people at this for me.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229

I don't think there are really any problems with Green Greens, besides maybe the fact that it gives Fox a huge advantage. Corneria and Jungle Japes promote pseudo-circle camping (Fox and Falco can camp every other character really hard and run away relatively safely to the other side of the stage/fin when other player approaches). Japes also lets some characters camp the ledge infinitely and is just kinda stupid in general.

Mute City gives the same kind of advantage to Peach and Jiggs, which is unnecessary when they already have Brinstar. It's a tiny stage with no ledges that sometimes reduces the game to just knocking a character off the stage and letting them die. Cars are random and sometimes interrupt gameplay by going above the main platform when there is no way to avoid them.

I'm not sure of the official reasons for banning each stage, these are just some that I can think of. But the stages on the MBR's list are simply the most balanced and least degenerate.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i don't remember the last time i played cogsmooch

it was literally over a year ago

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This seems remarkably underhyped.

Quick Question is everyone ok with me showing up for singles at like 4:15 or is that to late :\.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
What's wrong with the stages?
i agree with matt, there is nothing wrong with the stages
i like to use the this stage list not the recommended one. the pound 4 or whatever stage list is bland and i dont like it.
this list adds flavor, spice, pizas

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I see why people wouldn't want these stages but you guys have to realize this isn't your tournament.
The TO ultimately decides upon what they like.

Pimpfish doesn't like it, so he doesn't use it and uses his own rules.

*shrug* Besides, those stages are... you know, fun

edit:
Oh, and I'm probably coming to this.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Stages:
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams(except for doubles)
hyrule temple
big blue

Counters
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle 64
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Corneria
termina bay
yoshis island(pipes)
flat zone

All other stages are banned.
loool

i'm fine with this list

Hmm...

I think I'll come to this instead of going to Gauntlet.

So look forward to that extra $10 in the Singles pot.

Also, I'm brining a cube and a copy of Melee. I'd bring a TV but I'm doing SATs this Saturday and have no way of getting it to the school and then to Attleboro.

Top Bottom