• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Texas Values IV

kekon

Smash Cadet
ALRIGHT! I found the camera, I'll seperate the footage by game (there isn't as much melee footage as I thought *sad face*) it will also be in one giant video, andthenallthefootagewillbeupfordownloadifyouwantit. But why would you. :p

defsithe

Smash Ace
it is terribly hard when the other character are 1000000 times faster than you

edit: tink viewing our thread!

kekon

Smash Cadet
I is eating at SMASHburger, this is definitely worthy of a ****ty "randomly thrown in during the middle of a melee thread" Plugging.

Though I was sad because Ken isn't the chef.

defsithe

Smash Ace
his jab=7 frames his fastest attack good knock back. ganon is all about baiting like guile lol

Broly

Smash Lord
Id like to side bet either Rei-gun or Shank that either of them wont win a round in melee compared to one of their choices in winning a round in brawl. it can be anyone, Wes, cloud, danilo, Mikey. 20 bucks for the 26th.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
Well that's an easy answer, old news about an old game, I still love it haha

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
ill admit that to me brawl is easier but in my opinion, it takes people years to win in melee bc melee itself has been out for a decade already; and the people that are good at it have pretty much been playing it for a decade lol.

Broly

Smash Lord
pretty good analysis derk, but the thing is the amount of things to learn. Brawls all mindgames, spacing, character specifics, air dodges, and match ups. Hardly any tech skill. unlike melee, where theres teching, wall teching, wavedash, l-cancel, combos, edgeguarding, croutch cancels. Without L-cancels or Combos, Brawl is Basic and noob friendly. I SPAMMED dancing blade in Brawl and get 40-50 damage. Watch any vids of me.

Broly

Smash Lord
why you so hellbent on mming me, like seriously. GTFO me. Beating me wont give you anything, shi ill give you 10 to stfu.

sheikamaru

jive
1. Shlike ($63) - thanks for the friendlies man lol i'm glad i was able to get some in. your zss is really unrivaled b/c like all other zss's i fight i can gimp but... you on the other had... 2 good.
2. Magik ($18) gj getting second. that doubles match was really fun... at least the first match was LOL
3. Andilex ($9) next time broski. indeed very close matches. i gotta get better.
4. Rei-gun so... whos your main now? it seems that you go mk only in dubs and marth falco in singles right? neway..... ninja warrior at your service my liege *kneels*
5. Broly again it was a fun dubs match gj getting top ten again :D that first match was the highlight fo sho!
5. Derk ...next time for sure old man... the match was intense.. sucked we had to run in w/ each other though... and tell danny to get on the boards more..
7. Sabi gj w/ 7th broski lol i added you on fb if you hadn't noticed yet lol :D
7. Chuy chuy your like an embodiment of coolness sorry we couldn't get any friendlies in though. i would have loved to fight you in bracked if only could have gotten past andilex and his nanners :/ gj though your really doing awsome!
9. CG what's all this curse nonsense? your not possessed are you? gj getting 9th kid. yea yea your dk is too good.
9. Sama :) top ten woot woot! your only option from here on out is higher bro..... anndd.... gj keeping cool this tourney to say the least :D
9. Everis fun dubs match man! your tl was kinda scary w/ all those fsmashes >.< gj overall :D
9. Kilik hmm....this 9th place seems familiar.... i'm aiming for 7th next time!!! BELIEVE IT!
13. Bombchu quit suiciding man!! it killed me on the inside whenever you did that -.- you have so much potential and get on smashboards more or else this comment is wasted!
13. JTD wassssssssssup g n w? gj on this tourney! i still remember our matchup last tourney where we met up in k ville lol it was so legit, you have derk to thank for all the gnw training -.- lol
13. Mikey hmmm... need more friendlies!
13. PeachGuard don't let what other people say get to you man. just show them up with your skills and i'm sure that alone will do all the talking itself. thanks for the friendlies too man :)
17. Cloud you'll get em next time im sure! no where else to go but to the top right? :D
17. Shugo :freemoney: ninja vanished...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
why you so hellbent on mming me, like seriously. GTFO me. Beating me wont give you anything, shi ill give you 10 to stfu.
omg you little scrub you called me out like 3 months ago saying you will beat me in a $20 mm - you scared brah

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
you pretty much summed it up right there though broly.

brawl = mindgames, spacing, character specifics, air dodges, and match ups. it has tech skill, not on the same level as melee obviously but its still there. this is what makes brawl, brawl

melee = teching, wall teching, wavedash, l-cancel, combos, edgeguarding, croutch cancels. this is what makes melee, melee.

when you think about it, it really just comes down to a players preference. I like brawl bc it seems to me like its more emphasis on you knowing your main inside and out, like theres more character pride. In melee all you need to get down is teching, wavedashing, l-canceling ect and you got the game down, so that means you can pretty much play anyone (even low tier chars) and do pretty awesome. didnt top players in melee like m2k and ken play all the top tier chars? they all played marth, shiek, fox and falco. but hey like i had said before this is all my opinion.

and i can understand your frustration and arguments about brawl and why you enjoy melee better broly. brawl is a little slower and patient at times. and i know you like to play fu**ing aggressive. so, melee with the amount of teching that it has, allows you to do just that. but just bc you dont do as good or recieve the same amount of recognition in brawl as you do im melee doesnt make it a horrible or bad game. thats also another reason why i like brawl better than melee. its cause im just better at playing brawl lol. both games are great, when you think about it, it all just comes down to preference.

just saying <3

Broly

Smash Lord
you pretty much summed it up right there though broly.

brawl = mindgames, spacing, character specifics, air dodges, and match ups. it has tech skill, not on the same level as melee obviously but its still there. this is what makes brawl, brawl

melee = teching, wall teching, wavedash, l-cancel, combos, edgeguarding, croutch cancels. this is what makes melee, melee.

when you think about it, it really just comes down to a players preference. I like brawl bc it seems to me like its more emphasis on you knowing your main inside and out, like theres more character pride. In melee all you need to get down is teching, wavedashing, l-canceling ect and you got the game down, so that means you can pretty much play anyone (even low tier chars) and do pretty awesome. didnt top players in melee like m2k and ken play all the top tier chars? they all played marth, shiek, fox and falco. but hey like i had said before this is all my opinion.

and i can understand your frustration and arguments about brawl and why you enjoy melee better broly. brawl is a little slower and patient at times. and i know you like to play fu**ing aggressive. so, melee with the amount of teching that it has, allows you to do just that. but just bc you dont do as good or recieve the same amount of recognition in brawl as you do im melee doesnt make it a horrible or bad game. thats also another reason why i like brawl better than melee. its cause im just better at playing brawl lol. both games are great, when you think about it, it all just comes down to preference.

just saying <3
Finally a senseable guy. You explained it perfectly. Every other person talk bias and its like arguing with a fking wall. I guess I see what is wrong, and you got it. Its my aggressiveness in games. I hate the patience in Brawl. Its annoying and gay. Yes, theres preference, but the simplicity of the game gets to me. Oh well, whatever.

I dont play anymore illmatic. get over it. MM Shlike Cause I know he ***** you. If i played more, id try it. but i dont, only locals.

Derk for new king of RGV. Reiguns trash.

z00ted

I dont play anymore illmatic. get over it. MM Shlike Cause I know he ***** you. If i played more, id try it. but i dont, only locals
ok first of all: what am I looking at in the results thread?

and secondly:

LOOOOOOL

dude out of all the times i've played schlike i'm pretty sure i've come out on top (and these have only been friendlies where I've only used 3% of my true powers)

you can't even fight your own battles!
you's a wimp!

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
omg you little scrub you called me out like 3 months ago saying you will beat me in a $20 mm - you scared brah
I'll give you $20 to keep trolling Broly.

In all this talk no one is arguing which game is 'harder' or 'easier' to play. What difference does it make if your pushing 1000 buttons per game when it comes down to THE EXACT SAME THING. SPACING AND MINDGAMES.

MvC2 = SSF4 just faster, doesn't make it better

Melee = Brawl just faster, doesn't make it better

That is what all of this is about. Who gives a siht if its harder to play. To me, that takes away emphasis on the core of what 1v1 games are.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
Broly derk had to explain in the simplest way to.u, everyone else al.already knew.that, same as what derk said.I prefer.brawl.cuz I'm.better at it.

Broly

Smash Lord
Nobody explains it right danny. Derk made the best points instead of blasting a game. I could care less, I **** in both games whether i practice or not.

Illmatic- come to the tourny on the 26th. There ill MM you. Its your only chance.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
Nobody explains it right danny. Derk made the best points instead of blasting a game. I could care less, I **** in both games whether i practice or not.

I agree with that, finally Theres an understanding.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman

Illmatic- come to the tourny on the 26th. There ill MM you. Its your only chance.
OH SHI....THE KING GOIN IN AGAIN

I'll pay your share of ga$ if you come + entry, Ill

z00ted

the salt is too thick ugh =3=
son, you haven't witnessed the RED of shadows

wat da f - when is this tournament so a PEACH can take the whole town's money including YOURS?

also: just come to whobo 3?!?!?! :cool:

I'll pay your share of ga$ if you come + entry, Ill
I really appreciate the offer and I really wanna come, but you don't have to pay for anything! Coming down and chilling with a few friends is good enough for me.

When is the next tournament?

z00ted

i will try my best!

if i can make it to phase this week I can probably go to that with Leaf or someone.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
Broly is very POPular, getting ppl to travel.for a munny match. Lucky :( I'm jealous

Top Bottom