• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
lol...the fact that Slash moved out of that apartment killed the momentum of the SoVa Brawl scene hahahah
(June 30th)

I'm mad that I thought this was a joke then :( I didn't think it would actually die. Slash was really stepping up to provide the SoVa Headquarters for Smash. It's where mostly Mashi, Jeff, and I would be going crazy with Brawl AND Melee. It gave me so much hope for both being alive in SoVa. There were a ****load of fests and a lot of small tournaments. Some friendly and some for money. All in all, it was a **** venue. It was Otis's Place 2.0.

and then the lease was up. ;_________________;

I'll try to make it out there some time, CStick. It's so far for me though :( But like I said: I'll try.

rhan

Smash Hero
I had fun at the tourney today. I'm gonna start playing Brawl more. Ya'll make it seem so awesome. Once I learn a bit more about the game I think I could be on a decent level. Right now I'm pure hot dumpster juice.

EDIT - Very nice sig Pitzer XD

IrArby

Smash Ace
When is the BIG HiScore tourney with all the Monster folks and Max FM and all that jazz?

Also, completely agree with toasty Dark Knight is the shiz.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice

Gum

Smash Journeyman
ok so here are the results of yesterdays tourney:

1. Kadaj
2. Fear
3. WTF
4. Slash
5. 7
5. Boss
7. Killz
7. Don
9. Koorii
9. Rhan
9. Rob
9. Dobee
13. Ryo
13. Uki
13. Fur
13. mlhS
17. CAH
17. Loop
17.Firebird
17. Snake
17. Gibs

Good turnout overall. Fun times as well. Gratz to Kadaj (our match was soooo close, that was good times for it being the first time we have ever played each other lol.)

Thanks to all who brought wiis, you guys made the tourney happen. Next up, August 9th!! w00t

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

Slash: Good **** at Luigi's in the Metaknight ditto. I hate having to be so gay and take people there, but after my luck against Whodat and now you, it makes me feel like I can win with MK there (even though I don't hardly play as him and I did lose both matches).

Killz: Dude, that Ness vs Lucas match in Tourney was absolute ****. Down to last stock and high percentage. I will say this.... don't ever go with me to Norfair when I have Lucas. You people need to ban it against me, cuz I will take advantage of Lucas's Nair and Fair there.

Gum: Good tourney, and it was very quick, especially since we only had 4 setups. It was epic. I really need to play your Brawl Samus, cuz I wanna see how I gauge against the main players when I don't squander...

Everyone else except Loop and Gibs: It was real fun playing with everyone. Good turnout for a short notice tourney. Only reason I make the exception in this shoutout is because Loop and Gibs did nothing but complain and they were just annoying as hell. I'm happy that they both left so early.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Attention SoVa's Finest! acknowledge and post!

Next stop chu's bi-weekly :)

We need to play more brawl Toasty, Khalil, Tre, Jeff, Peter, Dobee, & Jamie

I've devised a plan to make SoVa better at an alarming rate!

I call it" Kadaj's Home Improvement Club"
What I plan to do is every other week or so host a fest dedicated for the soul purposes of "improving" SoVa.

Seeing as how space is limited in my room it only allows for three setups 1 one my dresser and two on the other side of my room with enough space to hold about 12 ppl in my room.

It's not only gonna be a fest but also kinda like an instructional period as far as helping others in areas they feel they need to work on. I'm not saying every1 is gonna stop there matches to help out someone or anything like that lol I'm just say that if you need help it'll be there

As far as food and stuff goes we could all put in 5 bucks and go by little ceasar and drinks or something if you guys wanted to.

Would you guys be interested in me doing something like this?

D0N

Smash Ace
7: Nice tourney. Our matches were kinda wierd, like with the suicides, you tripping into my f-smash, and whispy woods lol, but they were fun.

To everyone else ggs it was fun, and good luck at chu's if your going. I would do more shout outs but i just dont want to right now.

D0N

Smash Ace
Id go. I appreciate advice from anyone and try to use what they say.

and id bring a wii too.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'm down with whatever c-stick says. i don't really play brawl i just use d3/mk/snake and slash/dobee knows why lol. but yeah i play to win for that prize. that's it. so if i slip in brawl rankings you'll know why but expect me to get better at melee. c-stick hit me up whenever we'll get melee back. ndn wants to get better as well. me you and ndn can get it back. =P

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
i'm down with whatever c-stick says. i don't really play brawl i just use d3/mk/snake and slash/dobee knows why lol. but yeah i play to win for that prize. that's it. so if i slip in brawl rankings you'll know why but expect me to get better at melee. c-stick hit me up whenever we'll get melee back. ndn wants to get better as well. me you and ndn can get it back. =P
i'm down 4 gettin back in2 melee. as 4 brawl, i'm down to play it whenever. i really don't care.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
riku: we leave friday. when we returning? need info asap so i can know if i can go rofl. =]

dark knight was the longest best batman i've seen. joker was amazing rofl haha i don't care. he made me wanna be a villain. <3.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
riku: we leave friday. when we returning? need info asap so i can know if i can go rofl. =]

dark knight was the longest best batman i've seen. joker was amazing rofl haha i don't care. he made me wanna be a villain. <3.
we return sunday night. i jus finished watchin the dark knight myself.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
kadaj- that's a good idea. Although i doubt that i would be able to make many of them seeing as i have to work, but it's possible.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
August 9th is gonna be so Fu*kin epic. I wish Chu-dat <3 could come down here. It makes me sad living in the same state as a pro but never meeting them.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Kadaj - I'll give you an estimate soon...sorry I've been MIA

SoVa - heads up:

-Kadaj's room gets boiling hot as **** with more than 2 people in there. Bring fans and an internal cooling system. he DOES, however, provide epic training

-I MAY HAVE TO MAKE AUGUST 9TH SINGLES ONLY. SORRY EVERYBODY. They are saying we only have 4-5 hours and even if we have more than that, there's no way we can run two tournaments, no matter what games.

Dobee - do you have Nacker's shirt ready? hope its a XXL or something, not even trying to be funny. If so, could you give it to someone going to ChuDat's biweekly on the 1st?

People going to ChuDatzzz: Can you remember to bring back my TV remote from JCaesar, pleeeaaase???? ^_^

Thief: glad you're not one. it happens.

Serpent: your friend will get the controller back soon. I think(/hope?) your friend lost the money outside the venue :(

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
I thought Dobee said he was still goin to Chu's. Toasty, remind me b4 i leave about your remote seeing as I might 4get about it in a few days.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i hate you badrinath. </3. i guess i'm down with some singles. i'll try hard though. i'll bring ipod or something so i won't get scared by people who get mad at me. well THOUGHT was mad at me. =[ bring it on sova. <3. i'll probably get like 7th place rofl. <3. k bye. =]

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Um I havent done his shirt yet but it only takes 10 minutes to do that max so it'll be ready... and its 5x lol. But yeah im still goin to chu's and im down with c-stick and kadaj hosting... preferably c-stick because im close enough to walk to his house lol. And as for Mashi, don't EVER stop chaingrabbin lol.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Hey how about we do doubles in stead of just singles and make it 20 bucks per person since we can only do one event if not, SINGLES!!!! It is rofl.

Toasty: its cool also do you have riku's number so I can figure out if I can get a ride up with him to chu's if I do plan on going. I don't know if I will or not because the last day of his tourny (August 3rd) is my birthday I'll be 18 and idk if I would want to spend my b-day basically by myself in NoVa.

Who knows I may throw a smash fest or something to help practice up for Aug 9th!!! *looks at toasty and the rest of the magicians alliance* And I will have lots of fans to eliminate all heat lol :bee: which I was planning on doing when I start to host.

Also if I did host a fest on my b-day you wouldn't have to bring gifts the gifts of smash is good enough :grin:

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
okay cool <3. hmm so far so good i can still go. slash =[. 3 events at chu's jeezes. lol. kk.

CStick

Smash Lord
I'll take off for august 9th.

Also, Crystalnite, you do realize how old those vids are, right? I mean, jesus christ...some of those are probably going on over a year in age now. Thats kind of like going "I could beat ken...these vids of him suck" after watching a vid of him winning a tourney four years ago.:dizzy:

also, yes...The Dark Knight was as awesome as wet, oily, bouncing-in-slow-motion ****

edit: Mashi/NDN: my cell is 757-339-2280. PM me yours so I can know who is calling. I DO NOT answer my phone if I don't recognize the number; telemarketing pricks got my number and keep disguising it to trick me into picking the phone up and wasting a pre-paid minute :(. I can smash any time before 4pm and any time at night after I get off of work if you guys don't care about sleep. WE NEED TO BRING IT BACK, SON!

also, Ether... where are you? I know you probably read this thread every once in awhile. You know where I live. Come back and reclaim SoVA with us. O_O

Top Bottom