• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

Nicholas1024 (1): Tom, Nicholas1024

Tom (1): Macman

junglefever (1): Nothing Rhymes With Circus

Eor (1): Kirby King

Macman (1): mentosman8

Medi (1): Handorin

Handorin (1): Mediocre

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

Nicholas1024 (1): Tom

Tom (3): Handorin, junglefever, Macman

Eor (1): Kirby King

Medi (1): Handorin

Nicholas1024 (1): Nicholas1024

Hey Evil eye, with regard to your list...

1) Handorin has a vote recorded on both Tom and Medi.
2) I have two listings.
3) I believe that junglefever has unvoted (correct me if I'm wrong)

unvote me

Anyway, I agree, Handorin's reasoning doesn't make much sense. The "mafia" in this case, are spiderman and friends, which can be seen from the fact that they are the ones with the knowledge of who's mafia and who's not, and have the nightkill, while us supervillans don't have any of that information.

Vote handorin

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Unvote

Nick: can you clarify your reasoning for voting Handorin? The way I read it you're saying "mafia is Spiderman and his friends because they know who's mafia and we don't, thus mafia is Spiderman and friends". Unless I'm misreading you that sounds like some seriously circular reasoning.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I just have no idea what the hell he is trying to say. Nick please come back and clarify yourself.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You're actually serious with that vote?

I wasn't aware I had to explain standard Mafia terms like mafia and town in a Mafia game.

This is not an OMGUS vote. This is a "You're coming after someone (in this case me), for a reason that doesn't really make sense, and trying to pass it off as half a joke" vote.

Vote: Handorin
I mean I'm serious about what I was saying, not necessarily about the vote.

Unvote

If it makes you happy. =)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

Nicholas1024 (1): Tom

Handorin (2): Mediocre, Nicholas1024

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote: Tom

If he's just going to spend the day acting like he's baby jesus then I think we should lynch him instead of having to put up with it. So please stop it
You know, it wasn't what you posted (outside of the black text, which I understand now but didn't then), but it was more "please for the love of God don't ****ing do that" type of vote. You did it in another thread, and I really did not want to see it here. It's terrible for everyone. Everyone
It wasn't anything that I posted but more of your telling everyone not to play like BabyJesus? If that is the case, it seems like more of an excuse than an explanation. It would explain why you chose me because I was the one making the joke in The Lonely Island mafia, but it doesn't explain why you say I should be lynched instead of having to put up with it. You even distinctly told me to "stop it." Stop what? If it wasn't what I posted, then what is there to stop?

Your vote and explanation aren't jokes, though some people are still joking around. But you didn't, and you were being serious and confirmed that in your explanation. So why doesn't what you said make sense at all? It seems like a reason to attack/vote me, but then you unvoted when you saw all the other people voting me. Suspicious imo.

Dont Let Him Scare You Nicholas.
Don't worry, Nicholas. If you use logic as your guide like you say you will, and you are town aligned, then you have no reason to be scared of me. But if you're mafia or SK, you will drop tells and you will make mistakes and I will find them. And you will get lynched. Just ask Macman. LOL.

Who's being silly?
I mentioned both you and Handorin. Handorin is being exceedinly silly to the point that its actually caused some confusion with the Villains are Town, Heroes are Mafia line of conversation and Mediocre and Nick have both voted him for that confusion. You have been silly too,

Hey circus, why don't yeh come back the way yeh came from?

*loads shotgun*
Well, it's fairly obvious Tom has some sort of posting restriction.

vote: Tom

WHITE POWER.
There's nothing wrong with silly at this point if it doesn't get out of hand. Nothing wrong with what you've done. But since you asked who has been silly, I answered.

Freudian slip?

Kidding. Just thought it was funny

But I'm not really into keeping role speculation to yourself. I agree that people shouldn't be saying "I bet Medi is the cop/doc", but other then that I don't see any problem with it

/edit
What? Eor, make sure to respond to this: Where is the Freudian slip in what Mediocre said, and what was supposed to be the funny part? Even if I don't get the joke, please explain it, especially what you called the Freudian slip, what you think he MEANT to say, and what he "slipped." Thanks.

You're actually serious with that vote?

I wasn't aware I had to explain standard Mafia terms like mafia and town in a Mafia game.

This is not an OMGUS vote. This is a "You're coming after someone (in this case me), for a reason that doesn't really make sense, and trying to pass it off as half a joke" vote.

Vote: Handorin
I think he was being serious when he explained other things, but not serious with the vote. Correct me if I'm wrong.

unvote vote: Eor for now.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Oh sorry tom, that was meant to be like a rhetorical question. I clearly know I've been silly...obviously not really a racist.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yay back from work. First of all, Unvote seeing as the joke voting phase seems to be over predominately and my reason for voting Macman was a far over-exaggeration due to being in that phase. However, I will be keeping it in mind, as it still strikes me as uncomfortable the way he voted.

Most anything else I would like to say just got said in Tom's nice big post up there, so I'll leave it at this for the moment. Other than that, I'll look back a bit and see if there's anything else I think should be brought up now that I'm on an actual computer. Definitely want to hear from Macman about jumping on Tom after it was just pointed out how many votes he had regardless. I know it was only 4/9 votes, but for the joke vote phase I think even that is something that needs explanation.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
So if there were a mafia executioner who came in and planted one more vote on Tom and then killed him, your response would be...?

I mean, Eor seemed to think this was an issue (and so he unvoted), so why exactly is he wrong?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
The problem with the vote is you put him almost half-way to a lynch on a joke vote. Sure, it was during that stage, but as Kirby pointed out, Eor thought it was an issue to put that many votes on someone during the joke stage, so why go and put him right back there? Joke votes are fine, but adding to them to a point of putting someone almost half-way to lynch during the first several hours of the game is something that stands out to me, especially after someone else just did the same thing and unvoted pointing it out.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
unvote, vote: Tom

i know hes gonna end up getting in my way eventually so we should all just get rid of him now.
When a SK gets lynched, they are now considered getting Taranskeeted on.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I am not eor and I don't share the same views as he. I did not and do not think it was a problem at all. [Except for maybe the idea of there being a mafia executioner, something I have never encountered before]

I can't really explain myself because there is nothing to explain, I felt like jokevoting him so i did.

and lol at Tom, i got gimped that game so hard it wasn't even funny.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Now that Macman's given an answer to Kiki, I feel alright jumping in,

@Kiki: you asked what the reaction would be if a mafia executioner jumped in and killed me? Hopefully if someone used their power in that manner to kill me for no reason at all, you would knee-jerk interrogate the hell out of them thinking they are scum. I can't see a mafia executioner using his power as blindly like that and getting away with it, so the easy and best answer is that you all would lynch him. So then there really isn't much for Macman to be afraid of, putting me at L/2.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got ya Mac, don't get me wrong, it's nothing major, just something that I found interesting and wanted to ask about. Definitely not anything I would consider lynching you or serious-voting you over. Also, Tom's right, if we had an executioner using his power when we clearly have a ml, it's almost assured they would be lynched tomorrow, so that's not really the worst situation.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

Handorin (2): Mediocre, Nicholas1024

Eor (1): Tom

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I voted Handorin, because Medi made some points about his line of reasoning, which still doesn't make sense to me. I had thought that we were getting serious at the time, and so assumed that Medi's vote was serious, as was the post that Handorin made. (Don't mafia members try to raise confusion?) However, it seems that I was premature in assuming that the joke phase was over. Well....

Unvote

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Tom: assuming the executioner had to reveal himself, sure he'd be dead the next Day. If it's an anonymous kill we'll only know who cast the fifth vote, and they may or may not be mafia. (And I actually have no idea which is more common. I know in SLJ it was public, but I had assumed from the mafiascum wiki that it was usually anonymous--doesn't actually say either way.)

Some people still have yet to post anything. Redcell, Rockin, Kevin, Yaya, Marshy... hello? Want to say hi?

Vote: redcell

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Some people still have yet to post anything. Redcell, Rockin, Kevin, Yaya, Marshy... hello? Want to say hi?

Vote: redcell

They have to post soon or they risk getting replaced, but I'm not going to pressure vote anyone because mines on Eor for now.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, finally able to post and such. Now, before I begin, there's some things I want to point. (nothing of sheer importance, though)

vote: Nicholas1024

Welcome to Decisive Games! Now, drop your pants.
This isn't Mafia Sleep over, Tom! :p

Mexican: no that BJ is baby jesus. don't worry abou tit.
JUNGLEFEVER IS BREADCUMBING HIS LOVE FOR BOOBIES!

Don't worry, Nicholas. If you use logic as your guide like you say you will, and you are town aligned, then you have no reason to be scared of me. But if you're mafia or SK, you will drop tells and you will make mistakes and I will find them. And you will get lynched. Just ask Macman. LOL.
GET *****, MAC!

also, way to be a jerk, Tom LOL

ahem...now that I've got out my share of lulz...

Seems that not too much has gone from this thread, other then the fact that

- small arguement of the BABY JESUS thing (and not BJ, you nasty people >=/ )

- Tom having too many votes in the joke phrase (which was, and I believe, a similar issue in the TLI thread)

- possible executioner in the game

Not really much to say except that maybe so many were joking, they didn't realize how many votes they actually had.I dunno, really *shrugs*

Tom, quick question, any special reason why you have a black font? I'm just being curious, since I usually see you with a normal font.

as in such of why the others are not posting, I dunno about Redcell. However, I do have a good feeling that the reason why Marshy isn't commenting much is that he's waiting for the joke phase to die down and get into deep conversation of the game. I'm sure he spoke his reason before as to him not liking joke votes in Dino Mafia (or some other Mafia game). KevinM and Yaya are probably around and will soon catch up.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
yea, seriously, not gonna lie, i skim all of tom's posts just cuz it's so hard to read.....please change it lol

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yea, seriously, not gonna lie, i skim all of tom's posts just cuz i feel no reason to scumhunt and have no vested interest in winning.....please replace me lol

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

Eor (1): Tom

tmw_redcell (1): Kirby King

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yea, seriously, not gonna lie, i skim all of tom's posts just cuz i feel no reason to scumhunt and have no vested interest in winning.....please replace me lol
oh you, such a character :lick:

I've been waiting for the marshy no-no-lynch post.

Handorin

Smash Hero
White is so much better than black though.

+we are easier to see.

Wait, did I say we? I mean it.

And it is pretty inconsiderate if it is not a restriction and I doubt it would say black if it was.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If you highlight all of my text you can read it perfectly, and all you have to do to accomplish that is click the mouse and scroll down.

It's not an valid excuse for people to skim what I post.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
If you highlight all of my text you can read it perfectly, and all you have to do to accomplish that is click the mouse and scroll down.

It's not an valid excuse for people to skim what I post.
He is right...

now, enough about Tom's color issue, let's get ourselves right to business

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Well Tom really is the business no homo. The only real issue we've seen here is that 4 people voted for him. Also remember that there is the possibility of an executioner in this game as KK pointed out, but that possibility exists in any game, so there shouldn't be an elevated fear of it just because someone said there might be one. The reason it was brought up is because he was so close to L/2, if this happened in any other game (i don't think it has) then it would have the same issue.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
The problem with so many votes going on Tom isn't just that there could be an executioner, it's that it was during the jokevote phase. If they were real votes, then at least the person executed would be someone suspicious.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
yea...false

i think it's fair to say the "scumhunt" is pretty impossible at this point, and denying this fact is just being naive

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Just because it's first day doesn't mean its impossible. There has been some (not a lot) of discussion that can be used for scum hunting, especially since this joke vote phase became serious so quickly with Tom approaching L/2.

No johns on his font, clearly a post restriction.

Top Bottom