• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I think he was just trying to point out that talking about it anymore will not help us in any way so early in the game.

Handorin

Smash Hero
My question is, why does the role restriction matter
Because it's black and it's hard to read. For some of us who keep tabs on something other than a computer (ipod, phone, etc) it's very annoying.

and because it's black.

Do people seriously expect there to be an executioner in this game? It's a scary possibility but its very, very slim. There was one in the most recent BRoom game which is why people now see a problem with being at L/2 fast, but there really isn't a problem. What executioner in his right mind would execute me? He might as well put the rope around his own neck.
I would, especially if it was anon. I would have killed you sooner in HP mafia, but the others were worried about backlashes of you being Hagrid. (Different situation, but the same.) Who doesnt like getting rid of a smart player?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yeah we really wanted to but we didn't know how god **** bulletproof you are. If you are a smart player you can bet you're a target.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Read my post again, I meant the problem isn't JUST there there could be an executioner, it's that running up the votes on someone during the jokevote phase is worse that during normal voting since the jokevotes aren't even based on suspicion. Aside from the possiblity of an anonymous executioner or similar role, getting several votes during the jokevote phase is fine. And I don't think the possibility of an executioner is negligible, it should be something we watch out for. But I don't think we should spend the game jumping all over people just for making the halfway-vote, people should keep in mind that they can voice their suspicions without voting.
No, I didn't misread your post. I was just asking you questions about it.

Executioners are rare in general but regularly public. Evil Eye's only experience with them is also a public one. I still hold it to be something we shouldn't worry about.

If the mass voting of someone during the jokevote phase is bad, which of the votes do you find to be suspicious? ALL of them? None of them?

KevinM isn't FOSing anyone, he was just explaining what it meant.
No, that's wrong. KevinM is actually FOSing all people who have outwardly continued the line of discussion about the black text because it has been repeatedly confirmed as unhealthy discussion but people (mostly skimmers) keep bringing it up like its the new sliced bread.

@Hando, jungle: d'awww nyoro~n ^__^

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
And for what reason? You just told us who...again.
KevinM said:
FOS: Anyone who continues to draw attention the the restriction

We're well aware it's there at this point, continuing to point it out or badger Tom about it just seems like some stupid ploy to appear active, and or to try and get him to slip on his role. Ignore it, highlight and read it just like it's regular text.
Oh would you look it that I just explained why I did it right after the FOS.

Are you guys even reading?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I've got to agree with Kev's last line. It really seems like most people aren't reading through everything carefully. I find Kevin's FoS'ing to be a good one, and he gave his reason for it well. It's going to be a very hard d1, and after that point, remainder of the game, if people continue to skim along and bring things up repeatedly for no reason, and not pay attention when people give reasons for what they're saying.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Because its a suspicious play and I would call it out as such, do I have to hold people's hands through seemingly simple plays?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
No, you clearly do not. I was just pointing out the fact you were asked a question and did not make note of it in your previous post, until I commented on it anyway.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

junglefever (1): Nothing Rhymes With Circus

Handorin (1): Mediocre

Eor (1): Tom

Mediocre (1): KevinM

Marshy (1): Kirby King

With 17, it takes 9 to lynch!

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
so i went back and looked at all the outstanding votes and their reasonings

of the 5 outstanding, i could at least somewhat see reasoning in 3 of them

the vote on jungle was i believe still during the "joke phase" but i guess Circus hasn't gotten a chance to remove it

and the vote on Medi is unexplained by KevM (unless i missed something)

so, Kev, why?

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer

No, I didn't misread your post. I was just asking you questions about it.

Executioners are rare in general but regularly public. Evil Eye's only experience with them is also a public one. I still hold it to be something we shouldn't worry about.

If the mass voting of someone during the jokevote phase is bad, which of the votes do you find to be suspicious? ALL of them? None of them?
Putting twists on more common roles is rather popular on these boards, and moderators are hardly limited to roles they have seen in games they played. There are seventeen roles in this game, and SWF games contain a lot of power roles. While we shouldn't just assume there's an executioner-type role in this game, what does it cost us to try to avoid giving one the opportunity? I don't know about every mafia role, and I can see it being possible for there to be a town-benefiting role that has a restriction similar to an executioner.

As for which votes I find suspicious, it'd be the ones that put the person in the way of potential harm. Being the second or third jokevote on a person seems fine to me and is likely to occur in joke voting for the sake of humour. In this case I'd find a fifth vote very mildly suspicious, since it seems many people in this game hadn't considered/known about the possibility of an executioner role.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
As for which votes I find suspicious, it'd be the ones that put the person in the way of potential harm. Being the second or third jokevote on a person seems fine to me and is likely to occur in joke voting for the sake of humour. In this case I'd find a fifth vote very mildly suspicious, since it seems many people in this game hadn't considered/known about the possibility of an executioner role.

You are so very vague. You would find the fourth or fifth votes suspicious? So, how do you feel about the fourth or fifth people who voted me? Do you know who they are? What do you think about why they voted? Do you seriously find anything about it suspicious, or would you just find it suspicious in theory? Because you seem to be working only in theory, as the scenario we are describing actually *happened* in this game, I was rushed to L/2 very fast, and you say people would be suspicious for it, but haven't even specifically named anyone.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
so i went back and looked at all the outstanding votes and their reasonings

of the 5 outstanding, i could at least somewhat see reasoning in 3 of them

the vote on jungle was i believe still during the "joke phase" but i guess Circus hasn't gotten a chance to remove it

and the vote on Medi is unexplained by KevM (unless i missed something)

so, Kev, why?
Cause I love him so.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Kevin said "welcome back mofo' after his vote. also a joke vote.

and Circus voted for me cuz i was being the racist ******* i am.

all so far are joke votes except for Kirby Kings, which is a pressure vote.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, I think we have enough of a ball rolling to say that joke votes would hinder our progress more now than they would spark discussion. So in my opinion, there shouldn't be any more.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer

You are so very vague. You would find the fourth or fifth votes suspicious? So, how do you feel about the fourth or fifth people who voted me? Do you know who they are? What do you think about why they voted? Do you seriously find anything about it suspicious, or would you just find it suspicious in theory? Because you seem to be working only in theory, as the scenario we are describing actually *happened* in this game, I was rushed to L/2 very fast, and you say people would be suspicious for it, but haven't even specifically named anyone.
Is it not obvious? You never had five votes on you. I do not find Eor's vote suspicious since he unvoted right away, Macman's vote came rather soon after and I consider it a possible scum move but not a likely one. He could simply be lying about not knowing about executioners and being swept up in jokevoting but I buy his explanation for now. Certainly if an executioner role comes up then I will find it suspicious enough to consider his lynch.

Also this: "what does it cost us to try to avoid giving one [an executioner] the opportunity?" was not a rhetorical question.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Is it not obvious?
No, its not obvious, and I wanted you to be as specific as possible to convince me that you're actually vested in the game. I can't think of a game since Hellhouse Mafia where you weren't either severely inactive throughout or replaced for that reason.

You never had five votes on you. I do not find Eor's vote suspicious since he unvoted right away, Macman's vote came rather soon after and I consider it a possible scum move but not a likely one. He could simply be lying about not knowing about executioners and being swept up in jokevoting but I buy his explanation for now. Certainly if an executioner role comes up then I will find it suspicious enough to consider his lynch.
If an executioner role comes up, you would find Macman's vote suspicious enough to consider his lynch?

This was my point about the Executioner line of thought... Macman AND the Executioner both would have had HELL to pay if they had simply offed me like that, because the town would knee-jerk lynch like mad. So why would Macman put himself in that situation?

Also this: "what does it cost us to try to avoid giving one [an executioner] the opportunity?" was not a rhetorical question.
It's important to stress the rarity of the Executioner role when I say that giving too much focus on its discussion can end up with bad logic or hanky situations pinned against someone. You gave Macman the qualifier of IF the executioner came up, but if time allowed, the discussion could have evolved into some people thinking Macman is suspicious just because there COULD be an executioner. Which is null and shouldn't be pinned on anyone.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Sharpevil: I'm curious to hear what you think about the game so far. Is it very different than the games you've played on other sites? Is the pacing much different? Do we put any less or more logic into our votes? Do you have any questions? Do you find anything suspicious yet? Did anything that someone said spark your interest but you don't it's been addressed enough?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

MexicanBJ (1): KevinM

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Ok so I read through two pages of arguing semantics and then the last page of talking about what seems to be a role restriction.

My question is, why does the role restriction matter

FOS: Anyone who continues to draw attention the the restriction

We're well aware it's there at this point, continuing to point it out or badger Tom about it just seems like some stupid ploy to appear active, and or to try and get him to slip on his role. Ignore it, highlight and read it just like it's regular text.
Thank you KevinM.

Also

Vote: Medi

Welcome back Mofo
I appreciate the home coming vote.

I was starting to feel unloved.

all so far are joke votes except for Kirby Kings, which is a pressure vote.
Mine was not a joke vote.

As others have pointed out, but most of you have ignored, Handorin's vote was the only part of that post that was a joke. Everything else was serious.

Seeing as I voted him because of what he said, not how he voted, my vote is not a joke vote. What Handorin said was nonsensical, and potentially harmful to the success of the town.

That said, it was a minor issue. I'll remember it, but it's not enough to make me keep my vote on him without further evidence.

Unvote: Handorin

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

MexicanBJ (1): KevinM

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
So several pages later, there were STILL several talks about Tom's font. >> anyway, glad that it at least died down.

now, here are some things I would like to share

Personally, I've yet to see an executioner in the game. It seems from Tom's experiance that they're a big hassle it seems. Really, I feel we should consider nearly all possible roles (or at least, as much as we can think in terms of said situations). Remember, we don't know what kind of suprises the said GM may have for us in terms of roles. Again, don't think there's one in this game, but let's keep our eye on it.

so, just for the sake of bringing something to the main discussion, what is everyone's view upon what our resistance possibly is (and I ain't talking about names, I mean types, unless you want to name them). like, are they the anti hero type or just one of those double agent characters?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Next topic: Tom obviously has a restriction to make a cat reference in a post at least once per day.
@Hando, jungle: d'awww nyoro~n ^_^

and Circus voted for me cuz i was being the racist ******* i am.
There is only room for one racist here.

and I got an entire region backing me up about my racistessness.

Unvote Vote:Jungle

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Are we seriously back to joke voting? No one learned anything from TLI Mafia I guess?

I'd vote Handorin but I don't really want to have to lift my vote on Marshy when he still hasn't anything substantial in response to my prod.

Top Bottom