• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks

Realmz

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if it'll be any longer than PH? Probably not, but I'd much rather address the difficulty before addressing the length, as long as its not painfully short. He did say it would be hard compared to PH, so I'm assuming it'll be about Oracles difficulty tops (which is about average). That'd be quite a step up compared to PH, TP and WW.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
The 5th pic looks like Ganondorf's face, and the "Ganondwarf" looks really crazed!! LOL!!

Wow, Zelda's a ghost, this storyline may be as epic as, dare I say it, OoT??

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
So, to sum it up: "Ganondwarf" kills Zelda, Link somehow discovers her ghost, and the ghost becomes the Phantom Knight and travels with Link on his adventure. ****ING EPIC!!!!!

IGAF(g(*g$w(*hwfr(*ahf(hgehf(y(y8 43yt98vqbh78f3gq*&GF*&Gfq87og*&FGS*&OG&*GF*&g&*G7fg7yefg*FeogeF&8gef783fiefb666YBVDuewu0 cannot describe how much more awesome this game is going to be than I first thought it would!

POKE40

Smash Lord

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman

Realmz

Smash Apprentice
Good **** Poke, Spire and GT dude who screwed up. Rofl

Edit: Missed the Zelda dungeon link lol Amazing, guys. Spire and Poke are officially responsible for any hype the games getting up untill the video airs. I'm glad I was here to witness it =)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here's the trailer that only POKE40 and I originally saw. Have fun.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=58652"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=58652" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

It's also in the OP.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Yes! Who said he wanted Zelda to play a more significant part in the game and actually be present for most of the fights and such?

Hopefully they don't make the story line as disgusting as Phantom Hourglass was.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Oh Jeeez you guys. I leave this section for a while and you unleash Zelda upon us.

Getting Zelda to follow you around will be a welcome change. Also I can see this happening in ZeldaWii.

EDIT: Oh crap I just noticed something.

Looks like the green clothes of the hero arn't so special any more.

Realmz

Smash Apprentice
Trailer was pretty awesome. I love how Link stole Lucas' rope snake xD I was pleased in PH that the grappling hook was the only item you needed for getting across things, unlike in WW where it had the hookshot on top of that - So I hope this game uses the whip/rope snake solo for things like that. Not that I'd be disappointed really if its not.

In the special, the guy did make it sound like you have to keep coming back to the tower (much like the ocean king temple, I'm assuming), and that it was there where you could use the Phantom/Zelda to help you. I'm guessing it won't be every dungeon that you get to team up with her in that case, and it'll most likely just be that one place you keep coming back to.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even though it might be using that same "go back to this dungeon after every normal dungeon to advance further" idea, I'm sure they've done a better job with it - Especially considering Zeldas gonna be there. I'm just hoping she travels with you everywhere even if she can't bring the Phantom with her outside of that one tower, but I'm sure she will. To an extent, at least. Unless that last scene in the trailer was at the end of the game or something.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
The trailer was awesome! Although, it really didn't explain the significance of Link using a locomotive, but I thought Zelda's death was far beyond epic. And nice job, Spire and POKE40, for spoiling everything (not sarcastically, I really mean nice job. That is freaking awesome). I feel honored to be one of the first to see the images! :)

So, by the look of it, this is going to be waaay more epic than PH. Watching the gameplay really reminded me of WW, which will hook me as a player immediately.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The trailer was awesome! Although, it really didn't explain the significance of Link using a locomotive, but I thought Zelda's death was far beyond epic. And nice job, Spire and POKE40, for spoiling everything (not sarcastically, I really mean nice job. That is freaking awesome). I feel honored to be one of the first to see the images! :)

So, by the look of it, this is going to be waaay more epic than PH. Watching the gameplay really reminded me of WW, which will hook me as a player immediately.
I love how this reminds you more of WW than PH does. Goes to show how un-Zelda that was.

But just look at how much new material is being introduced with this game!
- We get to go into Zelda's room in Hyrule Castle (first)
- So far, completely new items
- Link's legacy is really reflected due to the guards wearing his clothing
- ZELDA IS SEMI-PLAYABLE

Just WHOOSH. Blown away. Also, if you look at the map:

You'll see in the red box that Gorons and Death Mountain appear, and in the blue box, there is a southeastern sea. Know what this layout of Hyrule is looking more and more like? The Hyrule from LoZ/AoL. That was my very first prediction back when ST was announced, that this would be related to those games.

EDIT: And just to note, as some of you may or may not know, almost the entirety of the Spirit Tracks story has been released to various sources, so if you want to post it, PLEASE put it in spoiler brackets.
Skyler EDIT: Do not "please" put it in spoiler brackets. Not putting spoilers in spoiler brackets will be an infractionable offense from here on out (minor spam, lets say). For those who don't know, just put
[/.SPOILER] around your words, without the period.

like this!

Alzi

Smash Master
Same here. Once more things are revealed i probally won't spoil myself.

But don't you guys think that the old lady on that small stone thing that moves like a train is Tetra. Seriously just look at the hair and the way the both have that wink.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Same here. Once more things are revealed i probally won't spoil myself.

But don't you guys think that the old lady on that small stone thing that moves like a train is Tetra. Seriously just look at the hair and the way the both have that wink.

Her name is Anjean and she is a member of the native race to New Hyrule, the Locomo. Yeah she seems to carry Tetra's personality a bit, but I immediately thought she was Impa - and since the Locomo seem to be built up to be the New Hyrule equivalents to the Sheikah, she is probably intended as such.

Darkslash

Smash Master
We all know that family isn't important to Zelda, but it seems that Spirit tracks are going to break that tradition somehow. We have Alfonzo who looks alot like Gonzo and not to mention who's Zelda descendant of this time.

Spire

III
BRoomer
We all know that family isn't important to Zelda, but it seems that Spirit tracks are going to break that tradition somehow. We have Alfonzo who looks alot like Gonzo and not to mention who's Zelda descendant of this time.
Well also, seeing as how Link and Tetra settled new Hyrule, they may have actually married one another, hence why the guards wear Link's outfit. That being said, the Link and Zelda of ST may be related somehow. She's a princess in Hyrule and he's a cadet in the locomotive academy. They're from the same place this time around.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well also, seeing as how Link and Tetra settled new Hyrule, they may have actually married one another, hence why the guards wear Link's outfit. That being said, the Link and Zelda of ST may be related somehow. She's a princess in Hyrule and he's a cadet in the locomotive academy. They're from the same place this time around.
Unless Spirit Tracks takes the Wind Waker approach that the new Link has to relation to the old Hero.

Which has a interesting point brought up. What if Link's and Zelda's roles are switched in the WW and TP time lines. Link in WW has no relation to the last hero, while Zelda in the TP line has no relation to the last Princess Zelda. It's far fetched but it's plausible.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Unless Spirit Tracks takes the Wind Waker approach that the new Link has to relation to the old Hero.

Which has a interesting point brought up. What if Link's and Zelda's roles are switched in the WW and TP time lines. Link in WW has no relation to the last hero, while Zelda in the TP line has no relation to the last Princess Zelda. It's far fetched but it's plausible.
Makes sense to me.

Okay so some news on the Demon King...
he's not Ganon.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@Phantom: I wouldn't think so, unless they decide for what must be the 100th time to do that whole "Ganon was secretly behind it the whole time" scenario.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Where did you find that out?
I wouldn't have originally though he was Ganon, but do have any actual evidence? I wonder if Ganon will even make an appearance in ST...
Nintendo Power. I'll take their word til I get to play the game myself.

Realmz

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, ONM guy said ST was maybe slightly harder than PH. I'm not sure how to take it, considering he's apparently a hardcore Zelda player, but it does say the game will be easy-ish. If its even at Minish cap difficulty I'll be happy. I heard a little inside info that ST actually will be noticably harder than PH, and that we'll be hearing about it this coming friday on Zelda informer. (same day the ONM will show their full review) I guess difficulty is going to be a subjective issue untill the games release.

5 main dungeons, and he said roughly the same amount of sidequests that PH had, which has to be BS with only 5 dungeons and one less item (unless the dungeons are that much larger), especially considering he said heart pieces were making a comeback in this game. Who knows how much exploring he did anyway, since he sped through NSMBW apparently.

Happy birthday to Miyamoto. =)

Mewter

Smash Master
You know what would be a good plot twist?
Not having Ganon behind it all. :p

Happy twice-belated birthday, Miyamoto.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
That ice boomerang seems pretty interesting. We could already move fire with the Gale Boomerang, so that's nothing new.

The new music-playing system looks kinda complicated. I like that. We might be able to play some actual songs, instead of the 5 notes we had in OoT. (Though you could change the pitch by moving the control stick as you pressed the button) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DicCvbTJyrw

Scott!

Smash Lord
The OoT ocarina had decent range, actually. You could play the whole Kakariko theme on it, though I mostly forget how now. It did involve the control stick as well as the main five buttons, but did the Z and R buttons do stuff too? Oh now I just completely forget all this stuff. Anyway, hopefully the ST one is that capable.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Who's going to get this on the day of release?

I've already reserved a copy for myself.

Realmz

Smash Apprentice
I pre-ordered from gamestop, and sadly I'll be getting it about a week after its release since I can't pick it up. Can't wait to play it.

Secondly, happy thanksgiving everyone. =)

Spire

III
BRoomer
I just got home with the game. I'll probably report back into you guys by sometime tonight on how it is.

:080::080::080:

EDIT: Best handheld Zelda of all time.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I just got home with the game. I'll probably report back into you guys by sometime tonight on how it is.

:080::080::080:

EDIT: Best handheld Zelda of all time.
Agreed.

I'm having so much fun right now and the story, items, everything is really interesting. Train riding is also pretty cool :p

Top Bottom