• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spring Smash Showdown - CoT5 Combo Giveaway! $100 POT BONUS & PRIZE! LIVESTREAM

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
cMeDu, I'll take you up.

Because I'm me, vs. my Pikachu, Mario, or Marth? XD

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Nope. I don't play Pikachu or Marth either.

I am thinking about eventually picking up Pikachu at some point, but not anytime soon.

Barrier

Smash Cadet
Stop focusing on secondaries, it detracts your ability to perform well with a main.

Learn Game & Watch's matchups, gimmicks, options, and general moveset before trying to juggle several other characters.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, I'm working on GaW, never you worry.

I don't focus on secondaries at all really.

I haven't played since the tournament right now.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
So that Patches and Dirt know what they've gotten into for maining G&W

:gw:
-2: :metaknight: :snake: :marth: :popo: :olimar:
-1: :diddy: :toonlink:
0: :falco: :wario: :dedede: :zerosuitsamus: :fox: :dk2:
1: :pikachu2: :lucario: :rob: :pit: :peach: :luigi2: :wolf: :sonic: :ike: :pt: :yoshi2: :link2:
2: :kirby2: :sheilda: :sheik: :ness2: :lucas: :bowser2: :samus2:
3: :mario2: :falcon: :jigglypuff: :zelda: :ganondorf:

Olimar is a hard matchup patches, quite difficult. And Dirt, instead of banning only MK, Snake, and Ics, seems like there are 2 or even 4 more characters u shoulda banned.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
LOL You're quoting from the BBR MU thread.
Silly tin.

TL is NOT a bad MU, no matter what the TL mains think.

swordgard

Smash Hero
LOL You're quoting from the BBR MU thread.
Silly tin.

TL is NOT a bad MU, no matter what the TL mains think.

Don't take this personally, but who are you to say otherwise? What pro toon link have you ever faced? How does your opinion come into play into any matchup when you fail to place at tourneys?

I'm not trying to be mean, I just find it hard to believe that you happen to know more about matchups when you don't have any experience in them at high level.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Don't take this personally, but who are you to say otherwise? What pro toon link have you ever faced? How does your opinion come into play into any matchup when you fail to place at tourneys?

I'm not trying to be mean, I just find it hard to believe that you happen to know more about matchups when you don't have any experience in them at high level.
Because I'm taking the word of high-level GaW players who say it's even.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Dirt, all of Tink projectiles can't get bucketed. So G&W has to approach. I'm not sure what the priority on the key vs the Uair/Usmash/Utilt of Tink's is but I wouldn't be surprised if Tink beat it. I think Tink is at that weight where if u Dthrow him, he can miss the tech still roll away before the Dsmash.u can bair the arrow and boomerang but prolly not the bomb. Just speaking conceptually here. No actual experience with this matchup but it definately does seem like Tink has the tools. G&W is light, even with the bucket brake, killing isn't too much of a problem.

I honestly don't see how Olimar is a bad match up for GaW. I really don't.
MM me, how high can you go?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
We have follow-ups other than DSmash. We have a 14-15 frame advantage on TL after techstand and on a missed tech. We can also footstool to DAir on a techstand (6 frames for footstool), FTilt, DTilt, NAir on a techstand, UTilt on a techstand, and below 21% SHFAir a techstand. I'm not going to say much else because I'm simply not experienced in the MU.

Btw, on Olimar, if you tech in place or miss the tech, we have a guaranteed FSmash. Which can kill at 50%. Out of a techroll, we have a guaranteed USmash or Judgment. Frame advantages are 17 and 31 for each case. Given we still have a disadvantage, but not as large as the BBR seems to think.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
just came across some spare change..taking all MMs!!...dirt lets do our set from last tourney?googs i smell a rematch mebe? get @ me guys! hype my snake vs your mk for 1$ haha?

ill take some MMs with my fox but i cant guarantee taking them all on T_T

no Mk dittos over 3$ cause dats lol

edit:not that i know anything about gw or tl,but i think i know enough about brawl in general to believe that options from techs dont influence advantages in mus that much

Last edited:

KingAce

Smash Ace
yo u shud make project m doubles too lol that would be sick
and tinman since you didnt want to mm me after brackets last tourny ru down for a $50 mm before brackets? im free now anyways rite:p

Tin Man

Smash Hero
and tinman since you didnt want to mm me after brackets last tourny ru down for a $50 mm before brackets? im free now anyways rite:p
So free :troll:. But not rich. "But Tin, u shouldn't worry about losing if ace is free". If I tripped into ur Fsmash or something unfortunate and ended up losing the set, how'd u feel when I don't pay you?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Joe, if you don't mind my GaW vs your Fox instead of Lucario, since I've switched mains?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
LOL **** yes i hope this happens

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
1. HOW... DOES.... GNW..... FSMASH... KILL... AT... 50!?!??!?!?!?
WHAT!??!?!

No seriously that is ridiculous.
And sure I'll take your 1$ MM Dirt lol. I'll use wolf I guess xD. I recall me two stocking you o.o last tourney with him.

Also.....
Tojoe, 2 1$s MMs.
1 Wolf Mk
1 Mk dittos ;D.

And Olimar is a bad mu for GnW because GnW is forced to approach and Olimar has good ways of punishing his backair, which is likely his safest move...

Top Bottom