• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, OH - Nope's Monthly "It's a Piece of Cake" Smashfests (Jan. 31st)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Nope, PC. I played every other Fallout on it, it's tradition!

But yeah, Xbox does **** PS3.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
i like the ps3 more shrug better fps and smoother controls just lacks titles ><
Don't know about the FPS/controls, but my problem with it is it has so few games...
Oh, and from what I hear Xbox has a much better online.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Don't know about the FPS/controls, but my problem with it is it has so few games...
Oh, and from what I hear Xbox has a much better online.
HEY HEY HEY HEY

this is smash we're talking about guys.

and yeah, nope ***** me, but thats snake for you, im sure if i tried and played mroe i could really take him down ATLEAST once.....

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
no joke, all I hear is "blah blah blah Olimar should never have been put in the game"

:D
this is like morse code to me right now.

i kinda wanna learn olimar

people have told me it doestn matter, u just spam pikmin and ur good
Olimar is a very knowledgable (spelling is way off) character. Hes tough to learn and manage the pikmin right but hes worth it until you get him off stage :[

lou4222

Smash Lord
Its been awhile since everyone played each other. Im excited to play everyone again outside of my crew. There should be like 30+ people here. ITs gonna be crazy with tons of new and fun matchups. The area is really improving and hungry for some brawl. Not only in Springfield but all over central ohio. Theres like a tourney every weekend.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Its been awhile since everyone played each other. Im excited to play everyone again outside of my crew. There should be like 30+ people here. ITs gonna be crazy with tons of new and fun matchups. The area is really improving and hungry for some brawl. Not only in Springfield but all over central ohio. Theres like a tourney every weekend.
im prepared to get my a$s handed to me again by nope's snake, but i'll try not to :D

WTB more melee :D

Nope

Smash Lord
get your melee in this month because in months to come with attendance like this I'm thinking monthly $5 tourneys for brawl are in order. Just a causal spend 5 dollars come play and have a good time type deal and I think we will get great turnouts. It will help out the central ohio community a lot. We can consider having a side TV in the basement or something for melee if need be but we can talk about it.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
get your melee in this month because in months to come with attendance like this I'm thinking monthly $5 tourneys for brawl are in order. Just a causal spend 5 dollars come play and have a good time type deal and I think we will get great turnouts. It will help out the central ohio community a lot. We can consider having a side TV in the basement or something for melee if need be but we can talk about it.
in that case, ill have to learn how to beat snake so i can make some money :D

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
If you want, I can bring my modded wii and we can have a brawl+ station set up. I personally don't like it (it makes Yoshi sooooooo sloooooow) but others might find it fun.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
If you want, I can bring my modded wii and we can have a brawl+ station set up. I personally don't like it (it makes Yoshi sooooooo sloooooow) but others might find it fun.
bring it if youd like, extra setups are always welcome.

IN-FACT, i hope we have too many setups than not enough. plus, i kinda like brawl+ with the wavedashing >:D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*missile* *missile *missile*
Spamus!

Wow that figures, I'll probably lose to Samus this time around. I always get matched up against characters I never practice against T_T

ANYWAY, there's like an 92.76% chance that I'm coming.

Mapquest said:
Total Estimated Time: 2 hours 37 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 144.71 miles
Not too bad.

My cell phone number is (574) 527-0482. Someone from this area give me yours (in a PM if you must) in case I get lost >=O

Wait wtf...I think this is the wrong thread.

>_>

<_<

Those direction were to Plain City.
Which is tomorrow.

Which I'm planning on going to.

But I'm still considering going to this one over the Michigan tourney.

*confused right now*

wakka444

Smash Ace
paradigm you fiend!!!
And holtz from the attendance ive seen from melee tournaments lately if you add melee it will only help the springfield scene>.>

soap

Smash Hero
paradigm you fiend!!!
And holtz from the attendance ive seen from melee tournaments lately if you add melee it will only help the springfield scene>.>
wtf is this a tourney? what time is it starting? i thought it was just a smashfest

i was gonna come and just hang out and play friendlies, but if there is a tourney and i come around 4 or 5 i have to sit around and watch people play tourney matches

lou4222

Smash Lord
If we have a small tourney next time more people will come for brawl. Theres just not enough room for melee. Except downstairs. These things are getting big and will only get bigger. When melee is over in the room by the kitchen it just slows things down and people dont have setups to play the tourney on. Last time I went down to Dr Xs in Cincy they had two melee setups away from all of the brawl and meleers played there the whole time and it worked out well. I do agree its good to have melee because itll get more people, just have it downstairs away from everything like holtz said

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Spamus!

Wow that figures, I'll probably lose to Samus this time around. I always get matched up against characters I never practice against T_T
Yeah, and Para has a mean Samus. I would tell you to look up the matchup, but after looking for it myself, I've realized that no one seems to care enough about Samus to put her in a matchup thread... >.<

wakka444

Smash Ace
LKP you guys need to host some stuff so we can make all the Brawl people sit in the back alone in the dark because they'll just slow things down otherwise d;
First: The Fiend is an amazing nickname

Second: I'll look into it, the best i can do now is a few people at my place, being LKP and Dayton really...nothing close to tournament status.

Third: Sin on the other hand has an excellent house but would require an OK by Jim and everybody would have to be really respectful and stay away from the mountain dew>.>

Finally: I can't seem to find two dollars anywhere daaarrrrnnn

RipN

Smash Apprentice
Wow... I'm really jealous right now. I can't find out how to get brawl+. My wii is modded (pro tech) but I can't find out how to get brawl+. Is it a RIP of the game, but modified? (which i presumed). If so maybe you can let me rip it when you're here, or let me know where you got it.:bee::bee:

RipN

Smash Apprentice
Are we gonna have any good recording setups? Id love to save vids and study them
Yes. I take my home theater system and put it down stairs on the main screen that we play on. Every match played on there is recorded. Plus, Fonz and Cake both have recording set ups on their laptops that they'll be using. We might have one more if Nope decides to move his comp down stairs also:confused:

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Wow... I'm really jealous right now. I can't find out how to get brawl+. My wii is modded (pro tech) but I can't find out how to get brawl+. Is it a RIP of the game, but modified? (which i presumed). If so maybe you can let me rip it when you're here, or let me know where you got it.:bee::bee:
All you need is the ocarina hacking program which you can find by googling it.

Also... Markus, Alex won't be able to make it, his school changed the date when they are resuming class, but Tim said he might come up with me.

soap

Smash Hero
If we have a small tourney next time more people will come for brawl. Theres just not enough room for melee. Except downstairs. These things are getting big and will only get bigger. When melee is over in the room by the kitchen it just slows things down and people dont have setups to play the tourney on. Last time I went down to Dr Xs in Cincy they had two melee setups away from all of the brawl and meleers played there the whole time and it worked out well. I do agree its good to have melee because itll get more people, just have it downstairs away from everything like holtz said
LKP you guys need to host some stuff so we can make all the Brawl people sit in the back alone in the dark because they'll just slow things down otherwise d;
lol ya i dont wanna come and sit alone in the basement practicing my waveshines:(

i wanna play both games and talk to people and chill:)

Nope

Smash Lord
First of let me clarify! There is NO Money tourney this month!!! That was just a suggestion for future months and what will be happening. (ie this will be the last month it's just a smashfest) This month will have setups all around and friendlies in whatever game you want. PLEASE bring some setups there will be a lot of people here and I don't want anyone left out. We can have tourneys in whatever game for fun this month based on vote and what amount of time we have! This one is just a relaxed smashfest so lets keep it that way =p

Aquas last melee tourney had a lot of OOS people but I'm not going to include Melee as a tourney either way in the future but we can have a Melee setup or two at future tourneys upstairs or even on the patio when it gets warmer

Nope

Smash Lord
sounds good I wouldn't mind showing up to some Melee stuff either I will just have to practice up beforehand

RipN

Smash Apprentice
Haha... Melee... pronounced Mee-Lee... Lolz... I suck at it... but i'll gladly put somebody to "sleep" (ssbb name... but i don't play puff... yeah... I know... Weird)

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Third: Sin on the other hand has an excellent house but would require an OK by Jim and everybody would have to be really respectful and stay away from the mountain dew>.>
the basement is huge, as is the upstairs living room WHICH has absolutely nothing in it so thats two very good rooms for it. HOWEVER my dad would never agree to me holding such a thing because he does not like the idea of that many people in the house. PLUS there would be like no parking spaces for anyone and you know how my dad is with the lawn >.>

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I'll definately be there for the smashfest. Y'all just better start preparing for a low tier invasion.

wakka444

Smash Ace
sin you just said how your place in absolutely perfect! then said itll nvr happen rgrgrgrg i haaate you!!

Top Bottom