• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, OH - Nope's Monthly "It's a Piece of Cake" Smashfests (Jan. 31st)

Parasins_woman

Smash Rookie
tehe i'll be going :D

I went to the one in Cbus this past saturday, and now everyone is in love with me because im the first female player they've ever seen :D haha yay <3

P.S Paradigm, youre a $lut! :)

wakka444

Smash Ace
melee!!!!!!!!!
and i encourage you digm to play lots and lots of brawl before coming to this!
melee tournament would be sweet! and sil you have to come!!! and cbus should come its really not far away = /

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I forgot to mention, I'm coming to this, and DJ_Iskascribble as well if he can get a day off work.

soap

Smash Hero
I'm comin around 5 after my morning stuff is done.

dont do a tourney... cuz i wont make it in time;)

low tier crews r fun

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kirby wayyyyy > Ganon btw =p
To be fair, that's what I used to think until I saw he can be tech chased to hell and back by a good Ganon main. They're actually looking into it now, but Ganon *may* have an infinite on Kirby, as crazy as that sounds.

So as a character, yeah, definitely. In that matchup? *shrugs* (Check the Ganon matchup thread (BEFORE it got off topic) for more info on both sides of it)
But let's not bring that to this thread too...

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
my roy would prolly **** 78% of everyone there playing low tier....
My Link would **** 100% of people playing low tiers! Well...probably not. I think Link is getting overplayed these days anyway. That friggin Germ is inspiring too many people; he must be stopped. Sooooo, Wakka plays some epic low tier Melee, Reside plays Ness, and I'm sure someone like Soap has a pretty mean low tier game. I'm sure the melee tourney is gonna have like 12 people, so lets throw in some low tier play on the side. Jan31=EPICNESS

Oh ya, someone needs to teach me to play Smash 64. It looks like too much fun.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Someone convince me to go to this :|

Kicking fromundaman's butt is a good incentive :]

But losing to him would be bad

Smash 64? What?

That game is AWESOME, but I can barely play it because my N64 controllers are so old.

Melee? I suck at that game! But I've never played anyone but computers in it so it would be fun to try. Except Kirby is terribad in Melee.

Seriously though, convince me to go to this :O

Also, "piece" of cake, not "peice." Unless that's intentional

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Someone convince me to go to this :|

Kicking fromundaman's butt is a good incentive :]

But losing to him would be bad

Smash 64? What?

That game is AWESOME, but I can barely play it because my N64 controllers are so old.

Melee? I suck at that game! But I've never played anyone but computers in it so it would be fun to try. Except Kirby is terribad in Melee.

Seriously though, convince me to go to this :O

Also, "piece" of cake, not "peice." Unless that's intentional

THERE WILL BE 64 IN SOME FORM HERE.
also, there will be atleast one girl there, shes taken, but atleast its not a complete sausage fest right?

RipN

Smash Apprentice
Asdioh... Only thing i have to say is... Free Housing What?!

And yes!!! para... for once... proves a point... ms parasin... should come... because you have to rep the vijayjay in ssbb! Point taken... Check mate... See you at the smashfest!

RipN

Smash Apprentice
In addition to the housing... btw...

We have like technically 4 couches in the house... a COMFY *** recliner... Wouldn't recommend the floor... BUT... if it's meant to be... bring a blankie... lolz

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Asdioh... Only thing i have to say is... Free Housing What?!

And yes!!! para... for once... proves a point... ms parasin... should come... because you have to rep the vijayjay in ssbb! Point taken... Check mate... See you at the smashfest!
hahaha thats so true, ive been trying to get her to come, shes debating it :D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Meh, I've already met.... 4+ smash girls already :p

Also, there are girls at college.

But girls are cool. Not really incentive for me to go, but I might come ...

RipN

Smash Apprentice
There shouldn't be a debate really... It's fun, fun, and funny to watch olimar get beat (LOLZ) jk... But seriously... funny to see you lose... ;) haha

RipN

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I've already met.... 4+ smash girls already :p

Also, there are girls at college.

But girls are cool. Not really incentive for me to go, but I might come ...
I wasn't using her as an incentive really. Or was that comment referred to the earlier post by parasin? IDK's. But yeah, hell of fun, plus you can stay here and we can all go to bobs in the morning... oh yeah... bobs... ftw! :)

soap

Smash Hero
Kirby wayyyyy > Ganon btw =p
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217038

chyeaahhh!

i hate ganon on kirby though. Kirby is hella annoying in general lol

Sooooo, Wakka plays some epic low tier Melee, Reside plays Ness, and I'm sure someone like Soap has a pretty mean low tier game.
pika is my low tier "main" i guess, but i love me some ness, DK, and Link as well.

my roy would prolly **** 78% of everyone there playing low tier....
DK ***** roy.... and i have roy practice aka Ajj

parasins_woman should deff come to this right guys?????!!!??? :D
lol shes your woman, tell her whats up;)

okay okay i'll go :D just be prepared to get all of your butts kicked :)
lol thats what i thought:lick:

RipN

Smash Apprentice
asdioh... i was talkin about parasins olimar... kind of jokin around ya no... but you should def come. we all have fun and soon were plannin on havin money tournies... shhhhh... so itll let u get familiar with the ppl who come and let u see ur skill lvl

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
asdioh... i was talkin about parasins olimar... kind of jokin around ya no... but you should def come. we all have fun and soon were plannin on havin money tournies... shhhhh... so itll let u get familiar with the ppl who come and let u see ur skill lvl
hey, i ***** everyone up to nope, which is kinda weird but meh, i havent really played brawl since then so it will prolly happen again, but atleast i know i got someone to play against snake than oli....

EDIT: i watched those vids asdioh, and that oli player was terrible at managing his yellows and blues against kirby. its sad when all oli has to counter kirby are those but it happens. yellows for a few ariels and blues for throws. it seemed more or less to me that all he wanted to do is usmash with the purples, which is legit, but they are much better places for a yellow or blue pikmin.

soap

Smash Hero
EDIT: i watched those vids asdioh, and that oli player was terrible at managing his yellows and blues against kirby. its sad when all oli has to counter kirby are those but it happens. yellows for a few ariels and blues for throws. it seemed more or less to me that all he wanted to do is usmash with the purples, which is legit, but they are much better places for a yellow or blue pikmin.
this is like morse code to me right now.

i kinda wanna learn olimar

people have told me it doestn matter, u just spam pikmin and ur good

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
this is like morse code to me right now.
no joke, all I hear is "blah blah blah Olimar should never have been put in the game"

:D

I'm considering going to this or a Michigan tourney >_>

*shrug*

piece of cake > peice of cake

RipN

Smash Apprentice
yeah parasin, there are quite a few people that we play with now that have gotten dramatically better. You don't live that far from here though don't you? Usually they're playing... every nightish. So no reason why you shouldn't stop by and play. It would be good to have some more oli practice...

Michigan is cold(er) than Ohio. Easy choice! haha

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Asidoh, you should definitely come to this. I'll even start spelling your name correctly if you do! :laugh:

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Lol i know i do live really close but im usually pretty busy at nights with wow and the gal.

But holtz has my number, so if he calls me i can see what i can do.

RipN

Smash Apprentice
Well I haven't played anybody besides him that's got a good one. He holds his own against Nope (besides snake... sorry) Plus, it's like the people at OSU I believe that are trying to bring back CF... When he's easily worst char in the game (i know... played him for like 3 weeks). They get recognition.

Or like when more people knew the ******** kid in high school then knew you... yeah... same situation... LOLz

Top Bottom