• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, OH - Nope's Monthly "It's a Piece of Cake" Smashfests (Jan. 31st)

lou4222

Smash Lord
Spectating is not allowed:). The only way to get better is too play. And the great thing about these are you will get so many different match ups and its good for experience. They are free and noone makes fun. Everyone started out slow. Practice up for when we host our tourney sometime closer to the spring.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Yeah Fizz we're technically a 4-man crew but one guy hasn't done anything with us in forever since he got a girlriend. He dropped go, too. In fact he got the day off work on the 31st but decided to go to Ohayocon (sp?) instead. Gah. So yeah we could use another person. I'll see if we can bring a goban and get a couple games in :D

Dylanx928 said:
im not that good at brawl, but i am at melee
You're good at Melee, eh? Confident enough to put a couple dollars on that? How about this: would you agree to a $2 money match at Melee against me if I only used one hand? :D

We can also do friendly Melee games do if you're interested. But yeah, if you can get into it you should play some Brawl. There's no shame in being bad at it - can't really get better unless you play.

Nope

Smash Lord

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
You have to get through Springfield first!
Yeah, I guess the fact that we didn't sweep you guys in all 3 games (we went 1-1 in Brawl) means that we haven't completely 100% entirely for sure proven that our crew is better, and if Reside misses another one of these we're gonna have to work for the wins in melee and smash 64. It's been 2 long months, maybe things will turn out different. I'm excited already.

The (above) inclusion of myself in the crew probably won't be valid until I learn to play Go:ohwell:

Nope

Smash Lord
we will give you guys melee and 64 for sure but I'm 100% confident in a 4 or 5 man crew for brawl for springfield over dayton! =p

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Spectating is not allowed:). They are free and noone makes fun.

hmm, the only fun making there will be is Sam making fun of paradigm and Nano :D

Yeah, I guess the fact that we didn't sweep you guys in all 3 games (we went 1-1 in Brawl) means that we haven't completely 100% entirely for sure proven that our crew is better, and if Reside misses another one of these we're gonna have to work for the wins in melee and smash 64. It's been 2 long months, maybe things will turn out different. I'm excited already.

The (above) inclusion of myself in the crew probably won't be valid until I learn to play Go:ohwell:
ok, this upcoming fest, let me actually play in the melee and the brawl and we'll see how well it turns out for dayton. (Paradigm, we still have some matches to finish.)

we will give you guys melee and 64 for sure but I'm 100% confident in a 4 or 5 man crew for brawl for springfield over dayton! =p
i wouldnt give dayton 2cents if thats all they needed to get here, so why would i give up melee? 64 though....you can have that game, i hardly ever played it.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
It seems like everyone that plays a little of both Melee or Brawl seems to think they're better at Melee.

wakka444

Smash Ace
eh my interest in brawl continues to wane =( but i do support smash and i definitely support springfield!!!!!!!
and im warning you dont take the mm with digm its a trap!

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
eh my interest in brawl continues to wane =( but i do support smash and i definitely support springfield!!!!!!!
and im warning you dont take the mm with digm its a trap!
it really is a trap to play against digm when hes playing one handed.

also, holtz, we need to get together with adkins sometime and who ever you liove with and just smash all day. im not too confident in my brawl skills seeing as ive been playing brawl+ with wakka and i havent exactly had controle over my wii for about 3weeks now :D

Nope

Smash Lord
who is adkins? lol I live with Fonz and Sleep but ya we play a couple times a week so just give me a call sometime.

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
Man, I might have to go to Ohayocon on Friday to be at this one, last time was great. :laugh: I need more random battles with Cake!!! It should be Katon and I again unless he's wanting to go to Ohayocon on Saturday. :bigthumbu

-The Jerk

lou4222

Smash Lord
It would be sweeeeeeeeeeet if you guys could come reinhart. Man this thing is filling up. I cant wait till spring time and open up the patio. We can get like 8 setups goin:)

Warfie

Smash Rookie
Cant wait this is going to be fun. And yes everyone random is still my main, and its gotten alot better since last time. I refuse to be first out ever again. LOL peace love and CAKE

lou4222

Smash Lord
Ive been fine tooling some randoms too warfie. You dont even wanna see my peach, wario ,olimar. This is gonna be fun. Practice up springfield cause game and watch isnt going to take any prisoners.

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
I can bring a Wii and a Jerk and I won't forget hookups this time D:

Also I have HBC so if anyone wants to do Brawl+ friendlies/mini-tourney I'm in, just lemme know what codes to have enabled. (3 min+ replays will always be on)

lou4222

Smash Lord
lous got an oli now? dittos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

also, WTB Brawl+ :D
Ive been working on some Olimar. I like him a lot and think eventually I could use him in tourneys as a wild card. Dittos would be sweet.

And for you Holtz. There you go again underestimating my game and watch. When will you learn. When Jan 31 rolls around you will be seeing a lot of this.

http://www.arkive.org/media/AF970A8D-3867-47FD-B06F-731FF7129723/Presentation.Large/photo.jpg

Ahahahahhahahahaha. I cant wait for this

Hence

Smash Ace
Ive been working on some Olimar. I like him a lot and think eventually I could use him in tourneys as a wild card. Dittos would be sweet.

And for you Holtz. There you go again underestimating my game and watch. When will you learn. When Jan 31 rolls around you will be seeing a lot of this.

http://www.arkive.org/media/AF970A8D-3867-47FD-B06F-731FF7129723/Presentation.Large/photo.jpg

Ahahahahhahahahaha. I cant wait for this
Wow, that was actually very funny.
As for Nope's Snake, I hope you know your match-ups with lower tiers. :)

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
Originally posted on the Dayton thread by JeLLITYMe:

This couldn't have come at a better time....Get Hype

Expect a Smash Tourney around Late Feb, Early March for you Dayton (Any can come really)Folks. I will host with Nexus LAN prolly at Wright State University (given our venue clears).
I am all ears for what you guys want as prices, rules and payouts. While I will have posts about it here, I would like you guys to kind of pre-reg at Nexuslan.org if you are interested (under forum/console gaming/ next smash bros. tourney). Also if anyone "pro" (you know who you are) can come, I would love to have some "headliner" matches ( Money Matches or Rivralry matches, something to get some hype going).

Just wanted you guys to know about it... Any questions please PM me either here or on Nexuslan.org (the site hosting my tournament).

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
I can bring a Wii and a Jerk and I won't forget hookups this time D:

Also I have HBC so if anyone wants to do Brawl+ friendlies/mini-tourney I'm in, just lemme know what codes to have enabled. (3 min+ replays will always be on)
Scratch that, can't come. Theres supposed to be a tourney at OhayoCon Saturday, and I'm gonna be there anyways so, next time.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
hes the black guy that is with me, he is a pika main. Idk if you have played him yet but he has been there when you were, i just believe that he was on the computers.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Oh wait he's that guy who plays wolf and pika, right? Ya, I played a game against his wolf, but I absolutely hate Pika in melee and in brawl. It's not that Pika's bad or annoying (well the down-B is pretty annoying) but I just don't like him, and I hope never to pick him up as a seconda....oh crap my icon!

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Oh wait he's that guy who plays wolf and pika, right? Ya, I played a game against his wolf, but I absolutely hate Pika in melee and in brawl. It's not that Pika's bad or annoying (well the down-B is pretty annoying) but I just don't like him, and I hope never to pick him up as a seconda....oh crap my icon!
Yea thats the one. I seriously hope I can make it out this time.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
soap always hides, its sort of his thing.

digm: no brawl johns play melee

and ill see if i can get a ride with ouga to this, if not just go home that weekend.

Top Bottom