• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB 64 Tournament II : WE ARE BACK Update....

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I played Dair/Near not long ago, he didnt seem to have that big DI, I can do similar DI that he did to me (with keyboard)

MattNF

Smash Lord
I use GC controller and my DI isn't even close to near's... I recall him saying once that he has his GC settings REALLY low (like deadzone and stuff) so that even a slight tap of the control stick will give him amazing DI

Skrlx

Smash Champion
PD and Peek both use GC controller and they didnt have DI like that, your still trying to say its legit? your ****ed up...

"it's been way too long since we played huh" but your not cocky..you said the same **** last time, then when you lost your DI ...2-3 stocked again...

GG NO RE
ha....

just play me w.e you want ill post vids of you failing
didn't? if i recall some guy hated on peek for his "hax" DI a while back.

Well, i'm not using a n64 controller so it's not legit i'm sorry if i make you die on the inside that my DI is a bit above normal.

""it's been way too long since we played huh" but your not cocky..you said the same **** last time, then when you lost your DI ...2-3 stocked again..."

i have failed to see what you are trying to explain. (next time remove the canadian grammarz)

Again, i don't go around saying MY DI is the best! my di is FAR from being auto fire DI

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
seems like Trigger and his promoter Tiger both need to show up and prove their shiit on console haha

speaking of which..

Dair, youre coming from San Diego.
LegendofZelda and two of his buddies are looking to get a ride up here.
Itll make the ride up A LOT cheaper split 4 ways just fyi

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
didn't? if i recall some guy hated on peek for his "hax" DI a while back.

Well, i'm not using a n64 controller so it's not legit i'm sorry if i make you die on the inside that my DI is a bit above normal.

""it's been way too long since we played huh" but your not cocky..you said the same **** last time, then when you lost your DI ...2-3 stocked again..."

i have failed to see what you are trying to explain. (next time remove the canadian grammarz)

Again, i don't go around saying MY DI is the best! my di is FAR from being auto fire DI
ok, nvm everything i said....Meow? oh wait he is gone too...so you'll never learn D:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
In other words make some mini smashbus and drive those g0ys to the tournament?

Well, truth is IF i do go i'd be getting a ride there lol

Tigerb0mbz

Smash Journeyman
seems like Trigger and his promoter Tiger both need to show up and prove their shiit on console haha

speaking of which..

ive already proved my **** on console...hence all the vids on youtube! SHUN!! l2p

Lovage

Smash Hero
results if anyone cares o.O
1. johnny (smoke2jointz)
2. joe (trigger)
3. oscar (lovage)
4. ross (ismokeherbz)
isai got to winner finals but then forfeited cuz they wanted him to play on the big screen projector and he didnt want to

grand finals between smoke2jointz and trigger was EXTREMELY close, second set fifth match, its all recorded and they will put it up later maybe

teams 1. isai + smoke2jointz 2. lovage+ross 3. ???random doods

D

Deleted member

This was a really great tournament!

Trigger really molested me the first set hah

glad that more people came this time, everyone was a lot better skillwise too

Nice meeting you all there, I'd list everybody but I'm not good with names so..

good times

Sensei

Smash Lord
Hey if you guys host one of these tournaments the week before or after Genesis, I might be able to go xP

I will be in California during that week of Genesis.

ismokeherbz

Smash Journeyman

good times
Falcon ftw!

btw i dont think we had a chance to play singles on console, next time....

Lovage

Smash Hero
teams finals was recorded (isai+smoke2jointz)vs.(lovage+ross)
random singles matches were recorded, i had a set or 2 recorded, isai had a bunch recorded, plus random people had sets recorded

it was all camcorder+tripod, but seemed to be pretty good quality

ismokeherbz

Smash Journeyman
teams finals was recorded (isai+smoke2jointz)vs.(lovage+ross)
random singles matches were recorded, i had a set or 2 recorded, isai had a bunch recorded, plus random people had sets recorded

it was all camcorder+tripod, but seemed to be pretty good quality
lol I made you eat fireball during the 2nd one of those matches:chuckle:

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice
It was a great turn out yesterday. Im glad alot of you made it. There were some old faces there and alot of new faces too. Ross and Oscar (Lovage) and Mickey great meeting you guys too, you guys are good people and I definitely hope we can chill since your closest to our area (with that said everyone from around the world is welcome =] )
Joe, WOW! I never heard of him until yesterday and my god he is incredible as well as Jonny. Those matches were some intense battles. Hopefully we'll get another one by spring time. Thanks again guys!

Mike:luigi:

ismokeherbz

Smash Journeyman
It was a great turn out yesterday. Im glad alot of you made it. There were some old faces there and alot of new faces too. Ross and Oscar (Lovage) and Mickey great meeting you guys too, you guys are good people and I definitely hope we can chill since your closest to our area (with that said everyone from around the world is welcome =] )
Joe, WOW! I never heard of him until yesterday and my god he is incredible as well as Jonny. Those matches were some intense battles. Hopefully we'll get another one by spring time. Thanks again guys!

Mike:luigi:
For sure, it was fun meeting everyone. We need to smash again ASAP.

64 is making a comeback

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
i wish i could have made it there. i live in Phoenix AZ. would have came with my bro and cousin. had to work tho :(.

hope you guys make run another soon.

BTW how many ppl show up to you tournys Lovage??????

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Yea pretty much. First off, it was on a digital video recorder. So we're gonna have to fun a way to put it on a cd, edit it, then post it on youtube. Give it a week or two.
I thought digital vid recorders created directly AVI or MPG files that you could transfer directly on the PC through USB.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Ah that sucks that Isai was forced to play on laggy projector screen for singles, I can to a certain degree understand why he would forfeit.... to a certain degree...
Congrats to all who won. Looking forward to videos.
also... Trigger came out of nowhere recently and apparently pwns??

64 is making a comeback
It really is. It's worth saying I just played in a 64 tourney as well. All of a sudden people are doing this again

cpotamianos@gmail.com

Smash Apprentice

good times
It was awesome seein you too bro... Those were awesome sets between you and Trigger!!
Thanks again for coming.. see you at the next one.

Hope to see ALL of you guys again at the next one (SSB64 Tournament III) :bee:

D

Deleted member

Ah that sucks that Isai was forced to play on laggy projector screen for singles, I can to a certain degree understand why he would forfeit.... to a certain degree...

It really is. It's worth saying I just played in a 64 tourney as well. All of a sudden people are doing this again
Isai didn't forfeit cause of laggy projector screen. Singles was largely played on 4 non laggy, great TVs. He didn't want to play on the projector for finals for reasons other than the non-existant lag on the projectors. I've played two sets of 5 on it and I felt nothing.

There was no lag this tournament, things were pretty well run, it had everything: 4 TV stations for running things fast, food, etc

ismokeherbz

Smash Journeyman
Trigger was awesome, he took me out in semi finals. I underestimated him going in and payed price.:laugh: I can't wait until i get another chance to play him. The matches were on the projector and didn't have any video delay. However, switching to a mega sized screen in the dark when your used to playing on a normal sized TV can throw your game off. The sound may have been slightly off but it was coming from behind us so maybe it was that.

ANYWAYS, no complaints from me and a very fun tourney overall. I'm hoping to see the recordings soon :grin:

Can't wait to see everyone again at the next one! (hopefully sooner haha)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Isai didn't forfeit cause of laggy projector screen. Singles was largely played on 4 non laggy, great TVs. He didn't want to play on the projector for finals for reasons other than the non-existant lag on the projectors. I've played two sets of 5 on it and I felt nothing.

There was no lag this tournament, things were pretty well run, it had everything: 4 TV stations for running things fast, food, etc
lol isai hates money? cuz he had to win money if he'd won the tourney.

Either this or he did show mercy to the non-god smashers [/JK]

malva00

Smash Master
I didn't wanna play on the projector cuz it's harder to see what's going on and space/time attacks sitting up close to a big screen like that.

There were 4 perfectly fine TVs I wanted to play on but they wouldn't let me

Top Bottom