• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4's Release Date Could be Earlier Than we Think?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I just hope they nail the roster, I believe adding mewtwo ridley and king k rool will make the roster complete

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I've read so many times about a "fact" that the adventure mode will take less time. Sorry, but this isn't confirmed anyway. Sakurai only said that there won't be the adventure mode like in Brawl. Maybe he's giving a whole new setting for the story. He also said something about cut-scenes won't have to be unlocked first but be available right from the beginning, if my memory isn't mixing information given in interviews. So if cut-scenes are in, there is still a good chance an adventure mode with cut-scenes will be in. There will be however a few changes from Brawl to SSB4 for sure, besides a new setting for the story. I personally hope there will be a great story mode in the game just as they tried in Brawl. Of course Multiplayer experience is the main point of the game, but since SSB64, Sakurai also wanted to offer a certain single player experience.

I guess they will have most of the modes that were in Brawl + a new story mode. This will take time and I could also imagine they may want to offer a better stage creator than in Brawl. They have enough work to do and while thinking about this whole topic, didn't anyone notice that they first only wanted to present pictures at E3 2013. It ended up creating a trailer. This shows they are making progress, but it also means that they are still far away from releasing the game too. So anything before june/july 2014 isn't that probable. Plus: There are problems they have to solve in order to avoid cutting characters. It would of course be great if they could release already in April/May SSB4 without having to cut content in order to release the game that early, but to be honest, it's more some sort of a wish.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
with them not working on a another sse mode do you all think it can bump up the realase date.?

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Maybe he's giving a whole new setting for the story. He also said something about cut-scenes won't have to be unlocked first but be available right from the beginning, if my memory isn't mixing information given in interviews. So if cut-scenes are in, there is still a good chance an adventure mode with cut-scenes will be in. There will be however a few changes from Brawl to SSB4 for sure, besides a new setting for the story. I personally hope there will be a great story mode in the game just as they tried in Brawl.
I sure hope so. I really enjoyed Brawl's SSE, and another crossover story mode would be awesome.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Maybe he's giving a whole new setting for the story. He also said something about cut-scenes won't have to be unlocked first but be available right from the beginning, if my memory isn't mixing information given in interviews. So if cut-scenes are in, there is still a good chance an adventure mode with cut-scenes will be in. There will be however a few changes from Brawl to SSB4 for sure, besides a new setting for the story. I personally hope there will be a great story mode in the game just as they tried in Brawl.
I sure hope so. I really enjoyed Brawl's SSE, and another crossover story mode would be awesome.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
with them not working on a another sse mode do you all think it can bump up the realase date.?
Good and frequent Question:

My opnion: Although it would seem logical its hard to say....From everyting we have heard from Sakurai so far it seems like bringing back as much chars as possible AND Adding some newcomers also alot better focus on balancing the roster seems like his main focus whic is very good imo becase its what truly matters.

Because this is the 4th instalment so far Manyyyyy chars have been added and its extremely hard to play catch up time its come back to bite sakurai in the ass...because face it..a roster smalle or the exact same size as brawls is not gonna be recieved well by the masses...expecially how smash is so sacred as the series doesnt role around as often as other big series/games...

Also Miyamoto has said a few times recently that the jump to HD (finaly..) he admits it has taken its tole on nintendo..they werent ready for it no do they have as much experience dealing with HD so they need to play catch up fast! Compared to MS & Sony.

Miyamoto even said ''Developing games in full HD take twice the ammount of rescorces and man power.

Hopefully along wit balancing and cramming as much chars in the game as possible i hope greatly improved net coding/online play & features is one of the biggest priorities of the game...although Skuri hasent breathed a word about anything rguarding the online system in Sm4sh...sigh..i dont thin its that important to Sakurai still...

He might stil have bacwards thinking as in because its a party game..local multiplayer/arounds mates house or with family is still the thing...

TL:DR - I dont think Sm4sh wil be released before August 2014 it something i am very confident about.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
hoping it comes about june at the latest maybe march- april like last game

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
no way brawl came out in july I remember picking it up and it snowing

Blad01

Smash Lord
I don't know, it's so obvious to me that this will be out for Christmas 2014... IMO MK8 will be the big game of the first semester in 2014, then we'll have Bayonetta 2 and SSB4 for the end of the year. And that's when the WIIU will start to sell for real.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Will be out in late fall 2014.
Need to give Mario Kart 8's spring release enough time for people to enjoy it.
Smash will be out just in time for the holidays to give that extra push the Wii U needs to sell.
Can see numerous Wii U with Smash/Mario Kart combos under the tree this year.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
Ijust say mario kart with quarter 1 , smash wii u for quarter 2, and smash 3ds for quater 3 sounds like a good plan

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
well it seems like the 3ds is behind in development and sakurai already talked about one version may be released first. I also would think it would benefit the wii u if it was out first in sales.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
well it seems like the 3ds is behind in development and sakurai already talked about one version may be released first. I also would think it would benefit the wii u if it was out first in sales.
Wait..Sakurai nevee actually said ''One version maybe released first'' Did he?

Is there a chance that which ever one finishes first he will hold back to release em together?

Its abit silly yh but...nothing like this has happened before....

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
"As Iwata himself explains: ‘Don’t want to leave a long gap between announcement/release of new game types that would lessen the impact or allow competitors to copy…’"

found this quote

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
"As Iwata himself explains: ‘Don’t want to leave a long gap between announcement/release of new game types that would lessen the impact or allow competitors to copy…’"

found this quote
I read that article too.

I dont think he is talking about Smash...hes talking about un-announced games.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
it should apply to all games though, why have that philosophy for some games and not there biggest ones

Top Bottom