• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
Hey, if any of you guys are interested in taking a drive, I'm having some of the locals around here for some Smash this Friday at about 6:30 pm. If any of you STL guys wanna come down for some practice, you're welcome to. Its about an hour and a half - 2 hour drive down here. If you guys wanna come, just drop me a PM and i'll send you my addy.

Also- Innsomnia V is going to be at the end of March and it should be huge. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95213

Its a 2 day event. Are any of you guys going?

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
Cool Deku, carpool it up! Geno, Toga, Andy, Zig, Lixi, Muba, Sam, and plenty of others I'm missing??? You guys are all welcome to come and stay the night. I've got plenty of room in the house for you all to crash.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah i need a sweet partner for Innsomnia... also im going to chicago for Smashing grounds IV and i might be carpooling with viperboy.. sooo yeah if anyone wants to go to those we can probly work something out. i would espescially be interested in Andy or Zig or toga cause they are crazyyyyy but idc who really. just need someone

yeah im almost sure ill be there nike, idk if i can carpool because i might need to drive back that night unless people are down with that or something idk i gotta check with my mom(yeah im that cool)

prepare for a top tier beat down friday haha

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I expect everyone's gotten better since the last time we all played.

On the plus side, I can now beat Zig's Pikachu with Ice Climbers.

On the minus side, I can't beat his Peach (obviously), Yoshi, or Mario. ><

Big Burn

Smash Lord
i was just curious if there are any plans to have a tourney in st louis anytime... me and a few other nebraskans i think would be interested.... not during march24th im assuming(smym).... so if there are any plans to have one that would be tight.... anyways sorry to intrude on your guys thread... just curious

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
yeah we're just smashing for fun. if there's enough interest we can do a 5 dollar tourney or something.

if you pick up zig he can go. About 8-10 of the guys around here that play will be here at 630 or a bit after (some have work).

Toga might be coming? he hasn't given me a definite answer yet.

Cups

Smash Ace
Where are some of these really big tourneys? SMYM, INNsomnia, other things like that, I can't really find too much info on it. What about around where I'm from, like St. Charles and Chesterfield, anything big around there?

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
there's usually a big tourney once every 4 months or so in STL. i know muba is shopping around for a tourney location. Just have to wait for him to figure out when he's going to host one. My bet would be like early April since there are 2 huge tournaments (worth your travel time) happening in late March...

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I need to quit. Smash is ruining my life.
And take the easy way out? No no no, instead of cutting Smash out of your life, is cut your life out of Smash. Trust me, it's easier that way.

Hey MuBa next time we should have a Doc ditto if you don't mind.
Mega Man X is awesome. :)

tAKs

Smash Rookie
looks like i missed alot from my 4 month hiatus from the smashing world. i'll try to come to more smash events, but looks like i missed out on alot of them already.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Lixi, nooooooo, you cant quit, you've gotten so much better dont even think about throwing it all away.

and yes Mega Man X is awesome, we should beat x8 next time, on hard of course :)

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Your goal's desecration
Your soul's isolation
More dammed than some vandals in a shrine

You're a harsh apparition
Here's the strange declaration:
The world wants to be your valentine

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/GSC

no im talking about this badboy right here!^

click on "p.c downl0ad link"

STL is kinda bare tho:dizzy:
Oh, the GSC? Man, Ive been on that for...at least a year. Same thing with the smash wiki (even though a long time ago I went into my wikipedia entry and edited it)

I encourage the St.Louis smashers to track down Simna and add themselves to the GSC.

Top Bottom