• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Why is the blooper model from MKWii so huge?
Why does scaling the main bone not resize it in game even when key framed?
WHy does the Mdl0 resizer not work on it(It hangs)?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Just updated DL64 and Ganon's Tower

DL64 has a new non-flat background and the tree reacts to wind. Also, fixed a bug that made it to have wind only twice in a match. Video showing the changes, except for the background (green greens background used here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrh-8UQO0Es

About Ganon's Tower, I've updated 4 of the 7 versions with some details. Ganon casts shadows and the filesizes are now smaller. The PAL version could be redundant if somebody confirms the standard one to be working now on PAL brawls.

I'll test it for you. I'll try to do it some time tonight if I can.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
I'm using the 3D stage template to make a stage based off of the game Klonoa. So far I've had several issues but somehow gotten passed all of them except for this one; the game plays fine but whenever the match ends just on this stage, the game freezes. Anybody know how to fix this? And also, is there any way to view the models performing their animations while in the collision editor?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Backup your stage then go test the modeldatas, replace the ones you're using with a static modeldata one at a time, testing in-between. You'll find which modeldata has a glitched model, and then you go testing which model is glitched by replacing every one of them with a static mdl0.

This was written in a rush but I hope I helped you.
That happened to me once and that was how I fixed it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So there's this stage called Final Frustration in the Brawl Vault. Is that something that's particularly hard to do? I'm considering something similar for a stage I'm working on, but I know nothing about animations.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
More up to date pics.
Had to use the Sprite since both of bloopers' models gave me issues.

BTW, the cloud to the far right is BG stuff.

Skyground95

Smash Cadet
I'm using the 3D stage template to make a stage based off of the game Klonoa. So far I've had several issues but somehow gotten passed all of them except for this one; the game plays fine but whenever the match ends just on this stage, the game freezes. Anybody know how to fix this?
This issue has happened to me before, I found out that something was wrong in the .coll collision file, I didn't know what to do, so I replaced It and edited from scratch, then the freezing at the end of the match stopped. Wonder what the problem was...

dexter0

Smash Rookie
Can anyone point me to a good mdl0 of a cylinder shape? Preferably one with the UVs setup for texturing the top and at least one side.

Thank you

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Can anyone point me to a good mdl0 of a cylinder shape? Preferably one with the UVs setup for texturing the top and at least one side.

Thank you
The pillar from Stage Builder Ruins, or the present-themed barrel are both good cylinders. I think you'll probably want the latter.

dexter0

Smash Rookie
TommoPuppy

The pillar is not a perfect cylinder so it won't work but good suggestion. The present was the first thing I tried but the way they do the ribbon makes it near impossible to texture correctly. I was thinking about vertexing it but I wanted to try and avoid that if possible.

EDIT: Found one, the base of the Yoshi 64 stage hack.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Heyz guys I have question regarding the old NPC+ stage. I moved it over my Project M folders because I like the stage but I just read up that they were preventing the chimera spawns by reversing the stage with a code. Now I would put the code in myself but I don't have riivolution to open the .gct. Is there another way to stop the chimera spawns?

Kati

Smash Lord
The maker released a version that uses a .rel file, try it out. It is in the vault.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
The maker released a version that uses a .rel file, try it out. It is in the vault.
Would you happen to know what it's called? I'm using the advanced search with no results.

EDIT: and i just searched the entire vault. It's not in there. Would porting the stage over something else fix the problem?

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm on the subject, does anyone have the Castle Siege that's only the first transformation? I have the Brawl+ one but it won't stay on the first part.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
You need to use a level freezer code on castle siege for that. Or you could try porting just the first stage onto something like STGFINAL.pac and use a st_emblem.rel edit. The collisions you need to export for the first level of CS are in STGEMBLEM.pac and the first level is STGEMBLEM_00.pac or STGEMBLEM00.pac something like that. You can get all those files here: www.tinyurl.com/brawlfiles

Ls777

Smash Cadet
TommoPuppy

The pillar is not a perfect cylinder so it won't work but good suggestion. The present was the first thing I tried but the way they do the ribbon makes it near impossible to texture correctly. I was thinking about vertexing it but I wanted to try and avoid that if possible.

EDIT: Found one, the base of the Yoshi 64 stage hack.
We should make a mdl0 collection with basic shapes and props in one place, i bet that would boost some stage development

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
You need to use a level freezer code on castle siege for that. Or you could try porting just the first stage onto something like STGFINAL.pac and use a st_emblem.rel edit. The collisions you need to export for the first level of CS are in STGEMBLEM.pac and the first level is STGEMBLEM_00.pac or STGEMBLEM00.pac something like that. You can get all those files here: www.tinyurl.com/brawlfiles
freaking level freezer code. Well, I suppose I could try this out. It doesn't sound like it could be too hard.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
No, I'm building it piece by piece ^^U

But it sure looks like an import :p

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Thanks =)

I left a few Ganon's Tower pictures in my deviantart, I guess I will continue leaving pictures from other stages there :p

Top Bottom