• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I don't wanna rush PW(He said he was working on it but doesn't have much free time) so I'm being quiet about it.
That said, you'll wait a while...

Oh well, I wish Bero would apply the "view all" option to the model previewer so you can move/rotate/scale stuff seeing everything. =/

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
I don't know yet.
Maybe if we learn more about stage.rels.......

As of now, I'm waiting for the update to the module editor that ties offsets and locations to functions and parameters so I can do more with hitboxes.

I don't wanna rush PW(He said he was working on it but doesn't have much free time) so I'm being quiet about it.
Sorry about that. I actually added that a little while before I finished the Ike clone. Here's a copy of what I've been using for the time being... it's untested so you may find an error or two.

Download

br3compactor

Smash Ace
How did he just pop out of nowhere like that? O.o

His last post in SWF was a decent while ago. Is he watching the boards in invisible mode? Or he just searches PW and appears whenever he's mentioned (like Voldemort)

Either way, ninja

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
What exactly controls the rotation of the skybox in Halberd? The skybox animation doesn't have anything to do with rotation in it, and I can't seem to edit the movement in general.

For some time now I've been trying to modify a skybox swap for Halberd that gives it a space background so the background actually animates. I got it to move by renaming the bones, but all the action happens near the top of the inner star layer and it looks dumb like that. Nothing I can do to change the skybox animation can seem to fix it so the platform and the centre of the skybox are aligned AND have it animate with the stage.

If anyone wants to know, or help, this is the one I'm talking about
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11240
The background doesn't rotate like it should. Renaming the bones fixes this, but causes it to be misaligned

curtsa01

Smash Rookie
I know some of the details are off on Exor (everyone calls him Smithy). I had to get creative with some of the vertex hacks, making it harder to make textures for the models. I will definitely try to improve them, though. What parts exactly need the most work?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Why do people call him Smithy? That's just silly.

Also, making a stage on Mushroomy Kingdom is HARD.

libertyernie

Smash Ace

Wuhu Island Basketball Court

Videos:

The basketball court on the shore in Wii Sports Resort. Thanks to Quanno for the island model.
There are two .PAC files: one has the camera pointing inland, and one has the opposite view, showing the court with the sea in the background. (In the latter, some of the buildings are removed to accomodate the camera.) See the two videos for comparison. The collisions are identical in both versions.
SSS Icons and music are available as well.

Download

curtsa01

Smash Rookie
Not playable yet, but I figured I'd post a pic since there hasn't been much activity on this board lately.

Bowser's Keep

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Ooooh, me want awesome Bowsy stage! XDDD

Great work on that Keep, dude! But where will the battle area be? I suggest a few "new" twist. A rock platform in front of the castle, and some lava to spice it up (y'know, a moat) :]

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Yoshi, what in the world is that?

Sometime, though, I'd really like a new, original Bowser's Castle stage. I mean, not one taken from another game. :)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Planet's Core, eh? Please tell me it's filled with lava. XDDD

And I'm dying to start stage hacking myself, I got loads of ideas. :D

curtsa01

Smash Rookie
Right now the plan for bowser's keep is to fight on top of the castle, but I do plan on making a vista hill (a view of the whole castle) inspired stage later.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
What exactly controls the rotation of the skybox in Halberd? The skybox animation doesn't have anything to do with rotation in it, and I can't seem to edit the movement in general.

For some time now I've been trying to modify a skybox swap for Halberd that gives it a space background so the background actually animates. I got it to move by renaming the bones, but all the action happens near the top of the inner star layer and it looks dumb like that. Nothing I can do to change the skybox animation can seem to fix it so the platform and the centre of the skybox are aligned AND have it animate with the stage.

If anyone wants to know, or help, this is the one I'm talking about
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11240
The background doesn't rotate like it should. Renaming the bones fixes this, but causes it to be misaligned
Can anyone help me out?

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Not playable yet, but I figured I'd post a pic since there hasn't been much activity on this board lately.

Bowser's Keep
:O:O:O

Wasn't expecting to see this, at all.

I definitely look forward to playing on this stage! Keep up the nice work :)

Perhaps this will also encourage Alfraye (sp) to make the Smithy vertex hack he was considering.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Pokemon Stadium 1 does not have an STDT(MiscData[20]) in its file. Standardtoaster was trying to see what he could do with PS1. This is what he has so far. LOL He edited the .rel file of PS1 to do this. No idea what any of these changes will do.

curtsa01

Smash Rookie
I was testing my Bowser's Keep stage and ran across a big problem. I used the Metroid trophy for Exor's claws and teeth, and all the textures look fine in Brawlbox. In game, however, multiple models use the metroid texture even though they are named correctly and the textures match up in Brawlbox. Any ideas on why the textures are being applied to the wrong models?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Mewtwo, will the flags be animated?
No, they won't. I would need a multiboned triangle model, and I don't guess there's something like this. I guess I could build something similar, but flags are a too minor detail for the effort. And animating them in 2D like in Castle Seige would look weird... I guess... O.o

EDIT: Well, I guess I could try something anyway xD

Kati

Smash Lord
Does anyone know what these names apply to for lighting?

1.program
2.ambientLightCHR
3.ambientLightHanaPlane
4.ambientlightLightAnim
5.lightCHR2
6.lightCHR3

The only stage guide I have found is CHUY's, but there were not many details on changing lighting. I was experimenting with several names, but then my stage ended up freezing.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You aren't supposed to rename them.
Get the latest modset and change the Red Green Blue Values like that.
It's much safer than renaming them.

BTW CHR = Character.

Kati

Smash Lord
oh no I'm not renaming them. I simply want to know what I am editing.

Edit: do you know off hand which value corresponds to what colour?

I think R3 is green....

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The newest modset should have them labeled.
If not then R3 = Blue, R2 = Green, and R1 = Red

Finding a good BG is tricky.
If only there was a cylinder-like background with 2 layers: 1 semi-transparent, and 1 completely visible that has Srt0 entries for both....

Top Bottom