• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
if you ever want to do stage boundaries without brawlwall import a model like link's grapple and set the bones to the coordinates of the Camlimit and dead bones so you can see the boundaries in the collision editor

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Isn't it easier to just put a dummy collision for reference
Set the collisions to the coordinates you need.

@GW =/

curtsa01

Smash Rookie
To set spawn points, I basically just go back and forth between the collision editor and bone coordinates in brawlbox and use trial and error to get it close. The problem is the pokemon spawn right on the ground but they still T-Stance. Is there any other cause to this problem?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Maybe your collision is corrupted? I dunno, never saw your problem before. Did you already try puttin' spawns just 0,5 below the collisions? Are you sure you're moving the correct bones?

But corrupted collisions make shadows that would otherwise be okay freeze the stage. Mewtwo told me that and he was right...

Link40

Smash Cadet
Someone REALLY needs to look into this stage
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6080
Just open the model and look around, its a goldmine of potential for a Delfino Plaza type stage.
If anyone knows how to make moving platform stages. I think this deserves to get looked into.
I must admit it would be an exellent moving stage. i'm trying to understand how moving stages do work, and I'll do it.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
It's pretty simple. You have a collision for the platform, a collision for each section, and you animate the main stage.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just wondering, how would I go about making a Mushroomy Kingdom/Rumble Falls/Rainbow Cruise-esque stage? Particularly I'm wondering how the loop on Mushroomy Kingdom and Rumble Falls works.

I keep seeing all these 2-D stages in the vault that are a segment of a level from a game, and I want to one-up them so badly.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I must say that whenever I see Mewtwo_2000 as the last poster in this thread I get excited.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo_2000 obviously comes from the future, which has uber-advanced model-thingimajigs.

That's why the stages made look so... accurate.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
The thing is: stages are being made, but nobody posts them.

And the thread often dies for 2, 3 days.

Anyone here has usual objects mdl0?
Like, stuff you'd find in a house.

curtsa01

Smash Rookie
Here is the start to a stage that I'm working on. It should be pretty obvious what it is.

Taidow

Smash Rookie
Poo! I looked thought the pages no one has posted a custom stage texture hacks of the target test locations. Well hopefully someone sees my post in the requests thread.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Poo! I looked thought the pages no one has posted a custom stage texture hacks of the target test locations. Well hopefully someone sees my post in the requests thread.
Hmm. that is not a bad idea, I might do some background/scenedata swapping for target tests sooner or later......

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Hey hey, I have an enormous question.

You know how in the Subspace Emissary, there are some falling ceilings that fall on you and insta-kill you?

Would it be possible to incorporate that into stage hacks?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I don't know yet.
Maybe if we learn more about stage.rels.......

As of now, I'm waiting for the update to the module editor that ties offsets and locations to functions and parameters so I can do more with hitboxes.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I don't know yet.
Maybe if we learn more about stage.rels.......

As of now, I'm waiting for the update to the module editor that ties offsets and locations to functions and parameters so I can do more with hitboxes.
Did you suggest that already? Is that being in work already?

Top Bottom