• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Sure Ill check it out, send it to me, Ill tell you the results, if It is by chance messed up, do you want me to try fixing it?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Do you happen to have that pack of hexed ToS2 stages that Blayd hosted? I may actually test the original and see, but I'll go ahead and send it to you tomorrow (can't right now, PC is off, using my laptop, and I have to go to bed).

If you do know what the issue is, that would be nice if you could fix it and also tell me what I did wrong so I can avoid that problem ;)

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty and yep I still do have that pack, and alrighty, Id be glad to help out ;)

also I have a bad cold.... *cough* SPOILER *cough*

whoever can guess what stage this is going to be, gets a free ice cream cake *cough*

urbanchamp

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3136-6743-7381
is it possible to use the breakable blocks from mushroomy kingdom, in a stage like the Mushroom kingdom 64(mewteo2000's creation)? If so someone should try to recreate the beta Mushroom Kingdom from Melee. Furthermore, someone should make the Beta great bay, with the dome in the middle enterable(never played Majora's Mask). Sorry if this isn't the place for suggestions. I just would like to see something like that done.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The final boss area to be exact. That wasn't hard at all. >_>'

So will it be a circle or a star?

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice

The Colosseum Version 2
Download HERE

So yeah, It's finally finished. New background (no longer looks like stage was swallowed by Jupiter). Hell Hound/Guard Dog thing in background. That's pretty much it. Also I included a version in the download with "Nighttime" lighting. So yeah, be happy, because this was harder to make than it looks. Thanks to Luigiman1928 again for the original Trophy Arena stage and Kef for his amazing texture.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
*gives Ice Cream Cake* and im still deciding that too, I might just make it the circle, I have the spike ball models (the things you threw bowser into to make him recieve damage) but its gonna be a pain inserting them Lol

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
New pics from my SkyDeck:

If anyone have what i can put over the Halberd mask please tellme, and if yuo have any idea tellme too

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
BEHOLD THE TRUE POWER OF DUSKNOIR

Finally, the dusknoir's destinations is finally done!
and here is the stage review. made it like a kinda "story" and "machinima" just to make it funny to watch and understand his power x3
if you dont want to see it, skip to 0:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6FMVa0xbLs

please see it, rate and comment

and as I promise, I will upload the stage
http://www.mediafire.com/?5imtmzgljjy
the download link :3

give credit if used!

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
This is the place to ask questions, right?

I might sound noobish, but how do I delete certain parts of stage models? Say I wanted to use only a portion of Hyrule Temple, how would I eliminate parts of the model? I understand collision, its only the model I can't move.

Also, how do I adjust the camera to center the stage when part of the model is gone?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This is the place to ask questions, right?

I might sound noobish, but how do I delete certain parts of stage models? Say I wanted to use only a portion of Hyrule Temple, how would I eliminate parts of the model? I understand collision, its only the model I can't move.

Also, how do I adjust the camera to center the stage when part of the model is gone?
I actually don't think you're supposed to use this thread for questions, but if this will end up producing new stages, I'll be nice and answer you anyway.

If the stage is all in one model and you need to delete portions of it, use the Polygon Deleter tool that can be found on Smash Workshop General. Those parts will be gone so you can delete the collision data afterwards. For the camera, you have to do it manually by altering the maximum and minimum limits of the camera and the death boundaries. You can do that with either BrawlWall or BrawlBox.

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
T H A N K G O D

-----------------------------------
l ~ SUPER GUZZI WINS/ thread.~ l
-----------------------------------

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I actually don't think you're supposed to use this thread for questions, but if this will end up producing new stages, I'll be nice and answer you anyway.
The .H. in the title stands for Help.ing (stfu about any and all unnecessary periods :p)

But seriously, everybody important is in this thread already, why shouldnt people ask for help?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I thought usually when people ask for help in the showcase threads, other people yell at them and tell them to go to the help forum.

I don't mind; I'd much rather have people ask questions in this thread so we can answer them easier.

amars464

Smash Rookie
I posted this over in the request thread (basically to close my request) but I guess I should post it here as well. This is a stage based off of the Northern Crater from Final Fantasy VII. I used FairKnight's End of the World stage as a base for it and then changed the textures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kebfwEYu2GI (Sorry ahead of time for the audio being out of sync)
Would there be any interest in me releasing this? Also if anyone has any idea how to move the platform on the left, or get rid of it (the one that's really close to the ground) I'd love to know.

TheEnigmaLiesBroken

Smash Cadet
BEHOLD THE TRUE POWER OF DUSKNOIR

Finally, the dusknoir's destinations is finally done!
and here is the stage review. made it like a kinda "story" and "machinima" just to make it funny to watch and understand his power x3
if you dont want to see it, skip to 0:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6FMVa0xbLs

please see it, rate and comment

and as I promise, I will upload the stage
http://www.mediafire.com/?5imtmzgljjy
the download link :3

give credit if used!
not to complain, but i think the thumbs shoudl have been given collision boxes. it just looks silly to me for characters to go through that part of the stage.

otherwise, fantastic job :)

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Trophy Tussle 1 Beta:

Compatable:

Lucario's and Ice Climbers' Final Smashes

Not Compatable:

Pokemon Trainer and general entries

If anyone can help me with the entry bones (because I suck at doing it), I'll send you the stage. This is, officially the first stage to use my 3D Stage Template. I fixed the after-match freezing glitch, and I will also be releasing a general template for trophy stages.

The stage is actually MUCH more playable than it looks, and I put the Trophy Stand under it for more playability.

ds22

Smash Lord
Trophy Tussle 1 Beta:

Compatable:

Lucario's and Ice Climbers' Final Smashes

Not Compatable:

Pokemon Trainer and general entries

If anyone can help me with the entry bones (because I suck at doing it), I'll send you the stage. This is, officially the first stage to use my 3D Stage Template. I fixed the after-match freezing glitch, and I will also be releasing a general template for trophy stages.

The stage is actually MUCH more playable than it looks, and I put the Trophy Stand under it for more playability.
I could fix it for you, if you want.
I'll be home in an hour and then I can help you.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
I posted this over in the request thread (basically to close my request) but I guess I should post it here as well. This is a stage based off of the Northern Crater from Final Fantasy VII. I used FairKnight's End of the World stage as a base for it and then changed the textures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kebfwEYu2GI (Sorry ahead of time for the audio being out of sync)
Would there be any interest in me releasing this? Also if anyone has any idea how to move the platform on the left, or get rid of it (the one that's really close to the ground) I'd love to know.
That is Bloody amazing! yeah you should release it! and I had the same problem with the platforms too, I have no idea how to get rid of them

amars464

Smash Rookie
That is Bloody amazing! yeah you should release it! and I had the same problem with the platforms too, I have no idea how to get rid of them
Wow thanks! I just decided to move some collision stuff around so at least the platform on the left is a solid object. I'll make a release of it after I mess around with it a little more. I might try adding some lifestream to the clouds that are moving.

**EDIT*
Download this stage here: http://www.mediafire.com/?uwym2miofo1

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You don't understand. It freezes after the match. :'(

Airship had a similar problem, and I used my template for that one. However, it just seemed to fix itself, and it's fine. I'll release the template and Trophy Tussle 1 (Goomba) when they're COMPLETELY finished.

Oh, and I'll write a guide, too.

Oh, and I guess no one saw my spoiler that said I'm doing 3D Great Bay, so...

Oh hai, I'm doing 3D Great Bay, k thx.
When a stage freezes after the match, the reason is a bad miscdata[2] (collision) file, most times it's an empty object or a bad size problem, check that.

About the 3D Great Bay, I helped with a 2D version not much ago, check it if it can be useful for you

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lumwzy2m4wi

I'm still with my girlfriend, so no new things from my part, sorry xD

I see you're all really active anyway, good work :p

Mit

Smash Ace
johnlcb (I believe he is on the KC:MM forums) created the original (but he took the platforms out of it). FrozenHobo (from here) took it and added the platforms back in, which is likely the version you see in that video. His mediafire download link from it (which was in this thread) seems to be gone/expired.

I edited it myself to be safe for widescreen (the background is a bit larger so you can't see black screen when the camera stretches out). You can still download my version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?nztfmotlkbq

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Hey guys, amazing stuff you've got going so far!

I really want to try making stages, but honestly, I'm scared too. Like, I'm too discouraged I'll **** up and embarrass myself, ya know? All I know about "hacking" is Brawl+, which I now have installed on my new Wii, and textures for the characters. I've done stage textures, but I'm not sure how to install these ones you guys've made, which I REALLY want to, some of them are FLAWLESS.

Anyway, That's IT.

I was hoping you guys would maybe point me in the right direction. I don't like links to other things that stray from here; so if you all could explain it in your own words; I've been looking at all these stages, you all seem VERY, VERY nice, and I hope you'll take me in as maybe a future smash developer. :))

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Hey guys, amazing stuff you've got going so far!

I really want to try making stages, but honestly, I'm scared too. Like, I'm too discouraged I'll **** up and embarrass myself, ya know? All I know about "hacking" is Brawl+, which I now have installed on my new Wii, and textures for the characters. I've done stage textures, but I'm not sure how to install these ones you guys've made, which I REALLY want to, some of them are FLAWLESS.

Anyway, That's IT.

I was hoping you guys would maybe point me in the right direction. I don't like links to other things that stray from here; so if you all could explain it in your own words; I've been looking at all these stages, you all seem VERY, VERY nice, and I hope you'll take me in as maybe a future smash developer. :))
I'm actually working on a 3D stage-making tutorial right now. :D

These model-hacked stages work exactly the same as textures, except you may have to make a new folder in your pf folder called 'module' and put .rel files there if stages are packaged with them.

TheEnigmaLiesBroken

Smash Cadet

I'm pretty sure I can fix your platform problem.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I'm actually working on a 3D stage-making tutorial right now. :D

These model-hacked stages work exactly the same as textures, except you may have to make a new folder in your pf folder called 'module' and put .rel files there if stages are packaged with them.

Oh my word, that would be wonderful! I would love to check that out before I download the Brawlbox thingy. :) *superhug* <3

And that folder was already there actually, probably because I have the latest version of Brawl+. I just downloaded the "Rumble Falls+" stage, and the file name is "st_jungle.rel" But I want to keep the stage that replaced "Temple", the stage from SSE.

My question in general is, the SSE stage isn't named "st_jungle", is it? That's the online training room now, right?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Sorry for double post. Just doing this so you can quote this and stick it on the OP.

The next biggest thing after the 2D stage template...

The 3D stage template!!

This entire pack contains...

- 3 Tutorials: One for the stage, one for collisions (by Kryal), and one for .rel files
- A stage template allowing multiple models, but has one in by default for easy editing in one-model stages
- A static background, along with two moving ones
- First tutorial built into the stage (select MiscData[101] and read while editing)
- You can look at the stage in-game to see what the textures do. They all have text on them describing them.

I won't post the tutorial here, but the download only takes around 10 seconds, so don't whine.

NOTE: This template is only for semi-starters. I would NOT reccomend this for a first stage attempt.

What's next? A template for trophy stages. Just extract the trophy, put it in there, and make your collisions.

Trophy template coming soon.

3D stage template here.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Sorry for double post. Just doing this so you can quote this and stick it on the OP.

The next biggest thing after the 2D stage template...

The 3D stage template!!

This entire pack contains...

- 3 Tutorials: One for the stage, one for collisions (by Kryal), and one for .rel files
- A stage template allowing multiple models, but has one in by default for easy editing in one-model stages
- A static background, along with two moving ones
- First tutorial built into the stage (select MiscData[101] and read while editing)
- You can look at the stage in-game to see what the textures do. They all have text on them describing them.

I won't post the tutorial here, but the download only takes around 10 seconds, so don't whine.

NOTE: This template is only for semi-starters. I would NOT reccomend this for a first stage attempt.

What's next? A template for trophy stages. Just extract the trophy, put it in there, and make your collisions.

Trophy template coming soon.

3D stage template here.
So I shouldn't download this yet, right?

Top Bottom