• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mit

Smash Ace
I second the heart.

It also seems a little big. Unless it was that big in Melee (which, all the N64 stages in Melee were too big...).

I'd look into Mewtwo2000's shadow system as well and see if you can adapt that to the stage (if you didn't plan to already). It looks like it'll be a big release for you, so you should make it the best you can :)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i know someone on another site (esh i think) was trying to make hyrule castle 64 but got stuck and stopped. you could pick up that stage.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I know there are at least 2 hyrule castle projects, having gamewatching making the third one would be... em... too much castles I guess O.o xD

Kurobit's: http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2010/03/09/finally-uploaded-some-projects/

DemonBoy's: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=8041.0

In addition to these, I guess I will make mine too when I get some time xD

But I don't think mine would need to be shared, there would be already 2 amazing versions of the stage xD

If I make it, it will be for personal purposes O.o

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
There's no such thing as too much of a good thing ya know? :p

Question: For a stage i'm working on all i see is pitch black for the background but everything else is fine it's really weird i'm trying to replace the mario bros stage maybe that's why?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
i do have something there for a background everything shows up fine but there's a random wall for black that runs through the stage
i'll take a look at the stage and see if i did forget to import a texture or something

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
There's no such thing as too much of a good thing ya know? :p
I'll remember that xD

i do have something there for a background everything shows up fine but there's a random wall for black that runs through the stage
i'll take a look at the stage and see if i did forget to import a texture or something
If the actual background is there, is not the first model in the modeldata, is in a working modeldata and the size is stated with an animation, it has to show in-game.

If it showed when getting near with the camera, it would be too far away from the camera and being hidden by a black fog you can find in most stages O.o

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I'll remember that xD

If the actual background is there, is not the first model in the modeldata, is in a working modeldata and the size is stated with an animation, it has to show in-game.

If it showed when getting near with the camera, it would be too far away from the camera and being hidden by a black fog you can find in most stages O.o
you best remember that boi it'll get you far in life :p

I'll try taking a pic it's not the black fog (i think) but it looks really weird in-game

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Just a little Preview of the future

Get your towels ready it's about to go down (yeah, shawty)
Everybody in the place hit the ****in deck (yeah, shawty)
But stay on your mother****in toes
We runnin this, let's go

[Chorus (T-Pain)]
I'm on a boat (I'm on a boat)
Everybody look at me cause I'm sailin on a boat (sailin on a boat)
I'm on a boat
Take a good hard look at the mother****in boat (boat, yeah)

Well I was bored today.
You deserve a Boat for this

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Mario Kart Wii.

I'm going to animate the stage so you get to brawl on a high speed boat, maybe texture it to look better. idk
May I suggest doing it on japes so you can change the speed and height of the water/make people able to swim in it?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Couldn't anyone fix some stages? I'd do it myself if I weren't working on other things already...

---- The Camecube stage by -BigSharkZ- has a extremely low boundary above. You can kill at EXTREMELY low %. Maybe moving the whole gamecube down would help, but dunno. It would be way better with a competitive boundary above.
---- The Termina Field by -BigSharkZ- has some annoying collision bugs. Also, spawn points are wierd in a way. Pokémon Trainer stands in the air and the pokémon stays in T-pose. Also, I believe the moon should be lower, it's kinda close to the ceiling (the boundaries are OK, though).
---- Budokai Tenkaichi by Mewtwo2000 has a minor problem... when you die up to the sky (and become a star), you fall in front of the stage, and it looks very weird. Dunno how it could be fixed, though.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
for those of you who are familiar with ssb64, there were several stages that were not normally accessible. some, however, could be selected through the use of a GameShark. this stage, however, is not one of those. in fact, there is no way in SSB64 to play on this stage... until now:

updates to come.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Speaking of SSB64, I was thinking of making the Kirby Beta Stage 2 recently. But I decided not to since it would be too much work :) But maybe someone could consider it for a future project.

And nice intro stage.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Couldn't anyone fix some stages? I'd do it myself if I weren't working on other things already...

---- The Camecube stage by -BigSharkZ- has a extremely low boundary above. You can kill at EXTREMELY low %. Maybe moving the whole gamecube down would help, but dunno. It would be way better with a competitive boundary above.
---- The Termina Field by -BigSharkZ- has some annoying collision bugs. Also, spawn points are wierd in a way. Pokémon Trainer stands in the air and the pokémon stays in T-pose. Also, I believe the moon should be lower, it's kinda close to the ceiling (the boundaries are OK, though).
---- Budokai Tenkaichi by Mewtwo2000 has a minor problem... when you die up to the sky (and become a star), you fall in front of the stage, and it looks very weird. Dunno how it could be fixed, though.
1.Edit one of the dead bones in stgposition model under model data 100

2.Edit the poketrainer00 model in modeldata 101

3.I'd just ignore it if i was you

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
2.Edit the poketrainer00 model in modeldata 101
? O.o

The poketrainer00 model? I have never done something like that O.o

You have to change the player and trainer bones in the stgposition model in modeldata100. The best program to make this is dantarion's brawlwall, because you can see the stgposition bones and the collisions in the same window, and edit them in there.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
? O.o

The poketrainer00 model? I have never done something like that O.o

You have to change the player and trainer bones in the stgposition model in modeldata100. The best program to make this is dantarion's brawlwall, because you can see the stgposition bones and the collisions in the same window, and edit them in there.
this. but note that brawlwall has a tendency of sometimes corrupting the pac. if you're worried about this happening and causing your stage to freeze in game, you can have brawlwall open, visually adjust the positions, and then transfer the numbers to brawlbox (i had to do this for my summit+ stage due to it freezing consistently after being edited in brawlwal).

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Yeah, I forgot that xD

About that, it sometimes corrupts things, at least animations, it's true. But the easiest way to port something made with brawlwall is just having a copy of the stage, and port the modeldata[100] from the brawlwall edited copy to the original copy. And same to miscdata[2] if any collision change needs to be updated too. It's easier than copy the numbers, if you meant that. If not, forget what I've said xD

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Hey guys, I've posted here about this before, but I can't really seem to find an answer, which is not your fault, just my lack of intelligence. :p

Anyway, I want to start hacking stages, and I'm really excited about it. The first thing I want to do, is to just learn what I exactly need. I have Brawlbox, and I know I need the file of the stage I'm going to edit (I currently downloaded STGEMBLEM.pac)

Okay. But I'm not exactly sure what to do next. Know what I mean? Do I open the file in Brawlbox? Etc..

All I really want to do is to turn the stage, so they can fight on a different part of it, if that makes sense.

I apologize if this has been answered before, and I just didn't catch it.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hey guys, I've posted here about this before, but I can't really seem to find an answer, which is not your fault, just my lack of intelligence. :p

Anyway, I want to start hacking stages, and I'm really excited about it. The first thing I want to do, is to just learn what I exactly need. I have Brawlbox, and I know I need the file of the stage I'm going to edit (I currently downloaded STGEMBLEM.pac)

Okay. But I'm not exactly sure what to do next. Know what I mean? Do I open the file in Brawlbox? Etc..

All I really want to do is to turn the stage, so they can fight on a different part of it, if that makes sense.

I apologize if this has been answered before, and I just didn't catch it.
Open it in brawlbox find the model you want to rotate and then rotate it. Make a animation(if doesn't already have one inside the modeldata with the brres) and copy it over in the model data. Hit Ctrl+P on a blue misc data and edit the collisions to match th rotations

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Open it in brawlbox find the model you want to rotate and then rotate it. Make a animation(if doesn't already have one inside the modeldata with the brres) and copy it over in the model data. Hit Ctrl+P on a blue misc data and edit the collisions to match th rotations
Okay, I'm sorry. But WHAT?

GameWatching

Smash Ace
YAY !!!!
The heart is animated,
do you want that i resize the stage ?
because it's huge,
indeed, it will take more time :urg:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well, you have some options here:
1) keep working on you current version and release it
2) stop development now and re size everything
3) release what you have now while going back and resizing everything, releasing the "fixed" version at a later date.

Top Bottom