• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I see that you managed to make it work, good job :p

What's that 'X' supposed to be? O.o

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Mmm... I'm now thinking something...

BigSharkZ, why are you using a rel file? Which rel file are you using and where?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Mmm... I'm now thinking something...

BigSharkZ, why are you using a rel file? Which rel file are you using and where?
I'm not anymore, I edited my message, lol. The stage still isn't working, by the way. Well, I guess I could put it on another stage. Do you think it could work on Frigate Orpheon or the Summit? Also, the only rel files I'm using is the one for my Termina Field stage on Skyworld, and others that were included with stages I'm using.

Fl@me

Smash Cadet
i always wondered do modeldata[0] have to be in order like 1,2,3,4 ect or can u just make them anything

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks to the wonderful help of Teenpika, I can confirm that Tal Tal Heights works on Final Destination, Frigate Orpheon, and The Summit. I'll put it on The Summit for now.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey, hey, hey! I play for 99 minutes on Brawl everytime! I am not happy! Just kidding. :p

I did play once online for 99 minutes straight, though. o_o

dexter0

Smash Rookie
OK. Just spent the last 2 days reading through this entire thread but sadly I did not find the answer to my question(s) (if I missed something I apologize).

1. How are people doing vertex hacks? As I understand you can not convert mdl0's to a format such as 3ds, edit in 3dmax, and convert back. Is it currently all being done by hexing?

2. Have people been able to edit the lighting in stages or can we only copy and paste from other stages? I saw Mewtwo got a shadow system working but it was not clear if editing the lights was involved.
2.1. I understand the lights can be animated (or change over time such as on final D.) Anything known about this (I assume not)?

3. Is there any list/collab about what all the MiscData(s) do. I understand [20] has parameters for stage events but looking in the 3D stage template I see a [10] and [30] along with a [0] under an arc called ItemMelee002Gen.

Sorry for so many Q's but I hope tis will help more than just me.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
1- You can't convert models, but vertices. With a simple transformation (made with dasdonkey vertex box) you can transform vertices and view them in 3DS max. You only see points, but you can edit them. And them transform them back to the mdl0 file.

2- I have been able to edit the lighting on stages, aswell as making custom fogs. The shadow system is a different matter, it's only a shadow casting plane placed over the ground so shadows can be seen.
Lights can be animated, indeed, but I only managed to understand how static lights work, not the moving ones. There are some values for speed of lighting (seen in falcon flyer) and other values, but I'm not able to understand them yet.

3- I don't know if there is, but those don't seem to be important. If your stage needs them, just include them. I edited one (10, 20 or 30, I don't remember) to make the what is love stages show the background. It's like you can edit the normal position of camera or something, I could not explain. But I managed to make that by editing it. The [0] you say are comments I guess.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
OK. Just spent the last 2 days reading through this entire thread but sadly I did not find the answer to my question(s) (if I missed something I apologize).

1. How are people doing vertex hacks? As I understand you can not convert mdl0's to a format such as 3ds, edit in 3dmax, and convert back. Is it currently all being done by hexing?

2. Have people been able to edit the lighting in stages or can we only copy and paste from other stages? I saw Mewtwo got a shadow system working but it was not clear if editing the lights was involved.
2.1. I understand the lights can be animated (or change over time such as on final D.) Anything known about this (I assume not)?

3. Is there any list/collab about what all the MiscData(s) do. I understand [20] has parameters for stage events but looking in the 3D stage template I see a [10] and [30] along with a [0] under an arc called ItemMelee002Gen.

Sorry for so many Q's but I hope tis will help more than just me.
ok, so, for vertex hacking, look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zZUss7H5Ck

ur gonna need to donload blender, dasdonkey vertex box, and brawlbox. don't worry, everythings free
3ds max cost like $300 O_o

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Woh, my stage xD

BTW, new tips for stage hackers. Make sure the spawn points are correct by doing a match between 4 pokemon trainers. If the trainer is not on the ground or the pokemon are t-posed on the air, the spawn points need to be fixed. I think that your egg stage need to be fixed BigSharkZ

And... Has anyone tested BSZ's egg stage if it works as a wifi room? It should, and works for me, don't understand why doesn't work for him O.o

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Woh, my stage xD

BTW, new tips for stage hackers. Make sure the spawn points are correct by doing a match between 4 pokemon trainers. If the trainer is not on the ground or the pokemon are t-posed on the air, the spawn points need to be fixed. I think that your egg stage need to be fixed BigSharkZ

And... Has anyone tested BSZ's egg stage if it works as a wifi room? It should, and works for me, don't understand why doesn't work for him O.o

Haha, the Pokemon are T-Posed in two of my stages, because they're a little bit too high. I guess I'll have to re-release. Also, do you know why I can't change the camera on my Moon stage? Also, when using Fixed Camera mode on your stage, it freezes. And I know why it wouldn't work with the Online Training stage. I had a code that was buggy, and I made a new code list. Now everything works.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You mean brawl's fixed camera mode?

I'll have to test with it then O_o

What do you mean by not being able to change the camera in the moon anyway? O.o

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
You mean brawl's fixed camera mode?

I'll have to test with it then O_o

What do you mean by not being able to change the camera in the moon anyway? O.o
Yeah, that. As for the stage, I want the camera to be lower, and I want to be able to see the whole moon, or most of it. As you can see, you only see the top and the camera changes quickly in the beginning for some reason.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks Mewtwo.

Also, here's a drawing I just finished making. I really like it, even though I made it in like, 15 minutes. It's going to be used for my next stage. :p

Edit: Here's the semi-final version of the background. I made the drawing in Paint, smoothed it in Paint.Net, then I made the custom background and added another layer, recolored it and made it look like some kind of "aura". I'm gonna add more effects to it.

Final version:

This will be used as a background for my next stage, along with some effects to go with it.

dexter0

Smash Rookie
1- You can't convert models, but vertices. With a simple transformation (made with dasdonkey vertex box) you can transform vertices and view them in 3DS max. You only see points, but you can edit them. And them transform them back to the mdl0 file.
Hm. Well that is not going to make it easy to get ripped Mario Galaxy models into Brawl. That leaves writing my own 3DS->mdl0 as my best option. I just need to find a good mdl0 spec/documentation [or reverse one from the BrawlBox code].

Thank you for the info Mewtwo, my goal is now clear.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Is it normal that when I replace a model or import my own into an existing stage, it freezes? I replaced Final's Destination platform with a 2D background, and tried importing it. Freezes on both cases.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Okay, I'm trying to make a stage out of Skyworld that looks like this:

But no matter what I do the stage remains unrotated even with that animation trick. Any advice?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Hm. Well that is not going to make it easy to get ripped Mario Galaxy models into Brawl. That leaves writing my own 3DS->mdl0 as my best option. I just need to find a good mdl0 spec/documentation [or reverse one from the BrawlBox code].

Thank you for the info Mewtwo, my goal is now clear.
How would you reverse one from the Brawlbox code when Brawlbox has nothing for dealing with converting between the model types? You should talk to RandomTBush/read the MDL0 thread in Workshop General. He easily knows the most about the MDL0 format out of everyone active in the community.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Nice, page 200!

Mewtwo_2000, think you can help me with something minor? I edited your "What is Love" stage, inserted my own animation, yet in-game, it shows all the frames at the same time, instead of playing one after another. Do you know why? Also, I added snow to the stage (With a texture), yet it doesn't show in-game.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Nice, page 200!

Mewtwo_2000, think you can help me with something minor? I edited your "What is Love" stage, inserted my own animation, yet in-game, it shows all the frames at the same time, instead of playing one after another. Do you know why? I also, I added snow to the stage (With a texture), yet it doesn't show in-game.
You probably have killed the animation. Do you use brawlwall? It kills animations.

Just replace the animation you have in there with the original in my stage.

Where's that snow model? In which modeldata? And which slot is your stage working right now?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
You probably have killed the animation. Do you use brawlwall? It kills animations.

Just replace the animation you have in there with the original in my stage.

Where's that snow model? In which modeldata? And which slot is your stage working right now?
I didn't use Brawl Wall, and I replaced ModelData[69] (Why do you have so many of these? Lol) with the snow. Apparently it would work, as I've also seen a tutorial that does this. The stage is on Final Destinati- ...

*slaps self*

Edit: *reslaps self*

Nevermind. Lol.

It should still work the same as if it was on the Online Training stage, no?

Here's the link to it: http://rapidshare.com/files/391142995/STGFLANDRE.PAC.html

Ignore the un-edited stuff, I just wanted to test the snow animation and wanted to see if the "animation" I made from the sprites I added work.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
The reason of having so much modeldatas is because 75m needs them. My stage is made to work on 75m aswell as final destination and wifi room. Anything added in a modeldata different to modeldata1 (wifi room) or modeldata2 (final destination) won't be shown unless you're playing in 75m.

I'll have a look to it now xD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
The reason of having so much modeldatas is because 75m needs them. My stage is made to work on 75m aswell as final destination and wifi room. Anything added in a modeldata different to modeldata1 (wifi room) or modeldata2 (final destination) won't be shown unless you're playing in 75m.

I'll have a look to it now xD
Oh, that makes perfect sense, haha.

Thanks again, and if you find anything, just tell me how to fix it. You've done enough for me already.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Oh, that makes perfect sense, haha.

Thanks again, and if you find anything, just tell me how to fix it. You've done enough for me already.
I've opened the file, and I've seen something... extrange, to be a stage xDD

Anyway, I know the snow won't be moving because you've not imported the whole modeldata including the texture animations for it, and the snow will only show if you make it into 75m.

To fix this, import the whole modeldata with the snow in the original stage (Shadow Moses) and replace modeldata 101 so it works in any stage, including wifi room. And copy modeldata60 or any other and replace the modeldata69 again. Make sure you're adding the poketrainer model in modeldata101 after replacing it, and make it the first model in that modeldata. Don't know if something wrong would happen if it's not there, but to be sure do it, it costs nothing.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I've opened the file, and I've seen something... extrange, to be a stage xDD

Anyway, I know the snow won't be moving because you've not imported the whole modeldata including the texture animations for it, and the snow will only show if you make it into 75m.

To fix this, import the whole modeldata with the snow in the original stage (Shadow Moses) and replace modeldata 101 so it works in any stage, including wifi room. And copy modeldata60 or any other and replace the modeldata69 again. Make sure you're adding the poketrainer model in modeldata101 after replacing it, and make it the first model in that modeldata. Don't know if something wrong would happen if it's not there, but to be sure do it, it costs nothing.

Alright, thanks, I'll try it out now. Do you happen to know why the animation isn't working?

Edit: I did what you said, will test soon. Also, is it normal that all sprites appear on all frames? Shouldn't it be like in your other stage?

Meta_Knight_777

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield sky color animate it yellow->white or vice-versa and ta da! lightning effect
I will try that! Thanks. ^_^

Anyway... Here is an updated version of SIP.

Background credit to Calamitas' Temporal Pinnacle Stage. The only real change from the original SIP. I WISH I could figure out why I cannot make any storm pictures work in the background... It appears some pictures just don't work regardless of format. :(
http://www.mediafire.com/?yh5mzgczmhh

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'm trying to make a stage out of Skyworld that looks like this:

But no matter what I do the stage remains unrotated even with that animation trick. Any advice?
**** you beat me to it xD I had an idea like that too. were you able to move the models at all?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Woh, my stage xD

I hate this. It makes it take like twice as long to make custom stages because you always have to cater to Pokemon Trainer. I'd be able to make stages so much faster if Pokemon Trainer weren't in the game.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Woh, my stage xD

lol i've been doing this for a while. it really helps with getting everything just right. making sure spawns work would be one of the more tedious parts if PT didn't show exactly where they are spawning.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
So do I, hotdogturtle, so do I.

Also, I know how to fix my animation problem. I was looking at how Mewtwo made his, and I understood that he was making all the frames at one spot, and making one frame go further by a certain number in the Z axis, for each sprite. My animation has transparency, so you see all the sprites at the same spot. I can fix this by making the transparency black, but this will hide the background..

Edit: Fixed! But, since the animation isn't transparent anymore, we can't see the background. :/

I think I'm going to mix the animation with the background, and make the actual background red.

Also, anyone knows how to make the "snow" I added opaque? It looks semi-transparent.

Preview:

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Also, anyone knows how to make the "snow" I added opaque? It looks semi-transparent.

Preview: pic
I'm not positive, but try using photoshop to give it more transparency, and then import it using a format that allows for transparency, such as RGB5A3 or IA8 I think

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I think having two instances of the same snow object should make the snow more opaque. So, just export and import the same model in the same modeldata, without changing the name of the bones.

I hate this. It makes it take like twice as long to make custom stages because you always have to cater to Pokemon Trainer. I'd be able to make stages so much faster if Pokemon Trainer weren't in the game.
My custom stages take lot more time to be made than the time used to fix the trainer O.o

If you use brawlwall, you're able to see exactly where are you putting the trainer and the players

Top Bottom