• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

GBoGH

Smash Rookie
Hey guys here is my first stage hack that i'm releasing!!
Finally Easy Character portraits! Green Screen stage PLUS!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Easily create CSP's with this stage! Large bars of color allow you to have a contrary background that can easily be cut out in seconds in Photoshop or similar! (just like they do in hollywood lol)

Why just stop with a standard greenscreen? There's a fall through platform above with some off-shade colors as well! Brawl hacks come in all kinds of crazy colors so now you plenty to choose from!

***optional stage select portraits included as well!
thx to kwrk85 for the .rels!

Lots of options here!

Is snake better to cut out with this shade of color?​

Nah probably this one, it'll take two seconds now!! DONE!​

DOWNLOAD HERE!!!​

Thanks!

GBoGH

Smash Rookie
Hey can someone help with my post above?! It seems as though when any PT character spawn it goes into the T-position! I removed the ledges and everything because I thought the upper platform was interfering with the spawn. Whats going on? THANKS!

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Hey can someone help with my post above?! It seems as though when any PT character spawn it goes into the T-position! I removed the ledges and everything because I thought the upper platform was interfering with the spawn. Whats going on? THANKS!
br3compactor over 9000 times said:
On the collision previewer, you can see the Y location of the collision. Then you modify some bones within ModelData[100]. It's the ones named "Player" and something I don't remember. It has values there in Transition (X, Y, Z). Just modify the Y value to the Y value you saw on the collision previewer.

The T-pose happens when the spawn point is not touching a collision.
10SpawnFix

GBoGH

Smash Rookie
I SHOULDA KNOWN, I was close I guess... just the complete opposite lol!!! Its fixed now (w/ update download)

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I've been working on an edit for Rainbow cruise and I've encountered a problem. When I try loading the stage it gets extremely laggy as if it's going to freeze, but after a bit, it starts working fine. I was hoping someone could point out what's causing it.

Here's the file if anyone's interested.
http://www.mediafire.com/?wcvsr3o776zyrkj

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Why does the BB render make it look like this??

Anyway, I'm using textures from the original game and I'm almost done building the bottom floor, as you can see.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
Can somebody hack Final destination so that the background looks like Las Noches from bleach but make it so that the platform is still the same size and everything.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
HURGH.

I NEED to learn how to do stage-related hacking.

I've been wanting to make the Sunchamber from Metroid Prime for the longest time, and since everything else I'm working on is kinda busted at the moment, no better time than now, I guess...

Now, where to start. :|

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
HURGH.

I NEED to learn how to do stage-related hacking.

I've been wanting to make the Sunchamber from Metroid Prime for the longest time, and since everything else I'm working on is kinda busted at the moment, no better time than now, I guess...

Now, where to start. :|
The OP has some tutorials to start 2-D stages. You can work your way up from there and if you get stuck, ask the guys here.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm curious guys. If you want to get a 2D effect like Flat Zone 2, could one add enough ModelData's to a stage and it would make the stage flat?

'cuz I wanna make my Phoenix Wright 2D stage have 2D players.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
No that won't work.

It may have to do with something hard coded into one of the stage's files.
Hanenbow also has 2D.

Look for a MiscData[XX] or something that they both share and investigate.

Or it may have to do with their .rel files.

For reasons unknown, my CPU refuses to read my SD card despite the Wii not having issues so I will be MIA for the night.

smasher4roy

Smash Cadet
No that won't work.

It may have to do with something hard coded into one of the stage's files.
Hanenbow also has 2D.

Look for a MiscData[XX] or something that they both share and investigate.

Or it may have to do with their .rel files.

For reasons unknown, my CPU refuses to read my SD card despite the Wii not having issues so I will be MIA for the night.
No, I ported Luigi Mansion with a rel to Hanenbow and it was still 2d
so i guess it should be another file

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Why don't you try WiiExplorer? You can transfer files to your SD card from a USB stick or even over SMB-share I think, all on your Wii. It's on the Homebrew Browser, if you have that.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
EY and smasher4roy, I highly doubt that the 2D part of the stage is in a ModelData. It may be in one of the MiscData or the rel. Using a rel to move a stage such as Final Destination to FZ2 and still being a 2D character means that the being 2D is in the rel.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You have to use a module to port a stage to Flat Zone 2 or Hanenbow in order to make the characters flat.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to rotate and scale a stage part in brawlbox, but when I load the stage, nothing's changed. How would I make the changes stick?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Icicle Pyramid is still under construction.

Only about 20% finished.

Check the Animation file.

Make sure the unknown2 has a value of 1 so it will loop.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Icicle Pyramid is still under construction.

Only about 20% finished.

Check the Animation file.

Make sure the unknown2 has a value of 1 so it will loop.
Do I need to change any of the other unknowns? I changed it to 1 but I got the same result.

EDIT: Actually I should probably ask if that was directed at me.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yes it was directed at you. Other than that, make the changes a Keyframe in the first frame and that's all.

It also needs to be in the same .brres file.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
It's been a while since I have made an animation for a stage model to use. I have made the animation but how do I make sure that the first frame(Frame 1) is a "keyframe" so that the animation is actually used by the model in game?

Top Bottom