• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Information Database and Q&A

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
So hey guys!

I now have 1 main and 11 secondaries, specifically, Toon Link(main), Meta Knight, D3, Wolf, Falco, Lucario, Wario, Olimar, Pikachu, Game and Watch, Marth and Jigglypuff.

Who do I pick as my thirteenth? Preferably somebody broken on a certain stage that hasn't been covered by the other 12...

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I actually picked up Puff because I picked her up in Melee, and I found her similar enough in Brawl(for my style of camping based play anyway) to add her to my roster in Brawl :)

I've tried ICs and ROB, but for some reason, my fingers don't "understand" them on a fundamental level like they did with my other characters. But oh well...

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
See I'd have to imagine having 11 secondaries would spread you so thin that none of them are near as good as your main.

Unless you're like, super-top level.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
After MK ban (that locals somehow took seriously although we do NOT had any MK problem), I have like 8 semi-mains.... :c

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Nah, local guys just began whining for no reason.
I showed them compromise as a TO (like, not looking egoist by imposing MY character) and banned him for few certain events only... In exchange, I made the stagelist bigger :awesome:

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Since I'm the only "TO" around, I can have whatever stages I want :)

And 11 secondaries is just for the fun factor, the secondaries that I actually put an effort into learning beyond basic play and tactics are MK and D3. The others are there only because my fingers seem to "know them" along some dimension that lets me play the camping/spacing game with them very well(considering the fact I generally don't have anybody to practice with anyway).

So basically, you're creating competitive Smash in your area? If I were you, I would run ISP with an (almost) full stage list. :p

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, "no" technically. The only Melee/Brawl that can be played in the whole area is at my house, which is far too small for holding any "event".

Doesn't mean we can't play "tournaments" when we all get together for a project or play etc. though(aka no competitive events, only casual events)!

And yep, I will have the full stagelist, and probably design an items ruleset as well.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That is how most areas begin their competitive scenes actually. The small events at your house are very important.

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Well, that post is actually outdated now, but not by much. Just add Puff, G&W, Marth and Lucario to my secondaries, and it'll be all right.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
DW's got nothing on me.

I have 36 secondaries, 1 main, and then Master Hand for trolling.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Shout-outs to Pirate Ship and Castle Siege for being amazing CPs vs. Wario.

I won my singles tourney yesterday. :D

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
How does what work? Castle Siege gives me so much room for pivot-grab traps, as does Pirate Ship.

I figured that some of the transformations would help Wario play gay, like CS' second transformation.

C.J.

Smash Master
1st part of the stage is super small so you can control the stage as Marth really easily there thanks to platform heights and the slope. It being small means that Wario can't run away.

2nd part of CS is a wash for like... every character so if you want to you can pretty much disregard it as part of the stage tbh. Every character has too many options to run away (unless they're like... DDD/Zelda/Ganon slow) that they can run away from pretty much every other character if they wanted.

Then the 3rd part of the stage is basically just FD which Warios don't typically like going to.

There's no reason not to take Wario there if you have a sword and are decently mobile.

Good job Raz!

Tesh

Smash Hero
If Wario gets the lead on Marth on Pirate Ship, he is gonna have a good time. Not to mention the water isn't stellar for Marth's recovery.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Are you joking? I get to completely avoid off-stage harass, and Wario can just avoid everything I do off-stage anyway.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Water favors people with horrible recoveries (to a vague extent if your opponent doesn't have a spike or semi spike) and people that recover high regularly.

Marth tends to recover low, I would just think the water limits him because landing it can mean a free fart or bite drowning. I could be wrong on that, I don't think I'd play the Marth/Wario matchup when I could use Sonic so I'll never know anyway.

I don't see how more space helps, avoiding grabs is alot easier on big stages. Especially with the mast and all.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Marth has more than enough ground-speed to follow Wario as he lands. Having the space to pivot is necessary.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
20 LGL for MetaKnight on Chile... I don't know why I keep on debating there...

Grats on winning Raziek, I'd love to see more players play more stages as on NS :c

Tesh

Smash Hero
^20 lgl is better than having him banned right? Most of the times I see MKs time people out with like 16-19 LGs.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Meh, MK doesn't need 20 ledge grabs to recover.

Play don't gay.

20 LGL for MetaKnight on Chile... I don't know why I keep on debating there...
I read through what I think was the discussion thread for this in SBLA, and I realized again why I don't visit that forum. That was seriously a headache to read, and I only read one page. :urg:

If I didn't feel so awkward tying in English in that forum, I would probably help you out.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Meh, MK doesn't need 20 ledge grabs to recover.

Play don't gay.
A smart player would make MK grab the ledge 20 times and time him out (guess what, it IS possible, certain characters have easier times like Pikachu, others might struggle, but can do it as well like Wario, Falco or Snake).
I hope some MK breaks the LGL without trying, and the tournament gets ruined.
So much this...
The games will just not time out and nobody will care....
But this.
I read through what I think was the discussion thread for this in SBLA, and I realized again why I don't visit that forum. That was seriously a headache to read, and I only read one page. :urg:
IKR, I don't know if they even have reasons to take any decision...
If I didn't feel so awkward tying in English in that forum, I would probably help you out.
There's no need anyway, thanks, I'll eventually learn not to get involved in absurd arguments...

sunshade

Smash Ace
I have been away from the site for a while due to working 40-50 hours a week in addition to school. I noticed metaknight got banned, anything else important happen in the community since? Also hi.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Pictochat got banned.

And there's currently discussion to replace Battleship Halberd with Halberd.

So no not much lol.

sunshade

Smash Ace
Not that I know of.

It's been a while bro. Hows it hanging?
Its been going well despite all the work. School + 40-50 hour work weeks is a bit of a time killer but progress is progress.

Pictochat got banned.

And there's currently discussion to replace Battleship Halberd with Halberd.

So no not much lol.
Figured pictochat would eat it, and are they actually debating over what to call the stage?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I don't understand why we ever called it "Battleship Halberd" in the first place. That's not even what it's called in the game...as far as I know (by 'the game', I mean brawl)

Was it called Battleship Halberd in Kirby games?

And LEGALIZE NORFAIR PLZ

Top Bottom