• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Tournament: Pokemon Stadium 2 Vs. PictoChat

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Well Master Warlord got here first so...

MUTE CITY (MELEE) IS THE CHAMPION!

Well Best of the Best, Worst of the Worst, Best of the Worst, and Worst of the Best. I'm sure your tired of all this nonsense. So, what should we do next? I've wanting to do the Best and Worst of each characters special moves. But what do you think?

Frown

poekmon
I think we should do this all over, but excluding the songs that already made it to he finals.

On the Rumble Falls level, the songs competing would be:

Jungle Level Ver. 2
Jungle Level
King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2
Bramble Blast
Battle for Storm Hill
DK Jungle Theme 1 (Barrel Blast)
The Map Page/Bonus Level

This way, we could eventually rank every single song from worst to best.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
redo the whole voting of best and worst. if anything, mila's divine protection will finally be best on CS like it should've been :)

@frown: ur idea sounds cool, but that would kind of alienate newcomers to the contest who want to vote for their favorites :ohwell:

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
ideas

AT/pokemon that you want as a playable character but got caught or ATd
best/worst of smashville's saturday night songs (would last a week though)
best overall stage music selection (even tho hallberd would win and 75m would get worst)
favorite character colors
sakurai's list tournament (like gamefaqs char battle but w/ characters from sakurai's list instead)

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
We should have a Best of the Rest Tourney.

We take the songs that didn't get a chance and put them in the spotlight. There were plenty of unrecognized pieces of art and overlooked garbage tracks.

Did the other 5 amazing tracks on the Halberd get the same chance as Flat Zone (Melee)? Is the Mother 3 Love Theme that underrated? Do people actually prefer the terrible pile of filth that is Excite Bike over Title (3D Hot Rally) (seriously, WTF people?)? This will shed a little light on preference for all of Brawl's tracks...

After that, we should have a Best/Worst Stage Music Tourney, seing which stage has the best overall assortment of music.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's clear that Pictochat Flat Zone 2 is gonna be the worst one and Pirate Ship Halbard the best.
Fixed. :p

With Lip's Theme Pictochat can't lose. And with Legendary Air Ride Machine, Halbard got that in the bag. :D

roy_owns

Smash Lord
We should have a Best of the Rest Tourney.

We take the songs that didn't get a chance and put them in the spotlight. There were plenty of unrecognized pieces of art and overlooked garbage tracks.

Did the other 5 amazing tracks on the Halberd get the same chance as Flat Zone (Melee)? Is the Mother 3 Love Theme that underrated? Do people actually prefer the terrible pile of filth that is Excite Bike over Title (3D Hot Rally) (seriously, WTF people?)? This will shed a little light on preference for all of Brawl's tracks...

After that, we should have a Best/Worst Stage Music Tourney, seing which stage has the best overall assortment of music.
This.

So this is how I see it, first using the songs from each stage we'll find the best that weren't in any of the previous tourneys (only exception is Ike's Theme). Of course, stages like Pokemon Stadium, Flat Zone 2, and 75m already have there contenders. The Melee stages I guess won't be included since they don't have any contenders at all.

So today lets start with Bridge of Eldin! I'll have the song links on the first post.

EDIT: Vote for which one you think is best.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Question are we suppose to rank them? or something? I'll edit if so

Title theme..

I thought this song should have at least made it to the 2nd or third round of the best of best tourney.

Apparently there were more ocarina of time fans than Legend of Zelda fans.---personal opinion.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
..... yeah, so I might be driven insane in the process of voting in this one. I'll vote for the dark world I guess (well pretty much all the songs on this stage rock... lol)

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
This wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but ok. I was planning on putting every song that wasn't voted as the best or worst and put them into a huge tourney, deciding which one was eventually the best of them all. Every song has a fair chance, is it fair that 02 Battle has to go against Gourmet Race, Meta Knight's Revenge, The Legendary Air Ride Machine, and Butter Building all over again? Whatever...

Title (The Legend of Zelda)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Main theme Twilight Princess, despite the fact that the only thing close to an actual LoZ game I ever played was the Crossbow training demo with the Wii Zapper (Not much of a fantasy fan, Kirby narrowly got a second shot).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Main Theme (New Super Mario Bros.), that theme fit's this stage so well, even though Delfino Plaza fit's it better, but Main Theme (NSMB) has a better music theme in my ears.

Top Bottom