• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Zone

Smash Champion
Sion I forget. Did you 4gate me like every game? Lol or were some of those 3 gates? I have a bad habit of trying to hold off things with the bare minimum and I end up occasionally getting owned for it. I guess I just get too greedy. You're good at pressuring me early game Sion. Next time I see blink I'll have infestors.

:phone:

Sion

Island of Horizon
sveet: central is 2 hours ahead of pst, right? if so, i can probably be on at that time.

zone: i think i only 4gated you once, and it was the one where you roach feinted, expo'd, then got mutas. i went 3 gate blink stalker once, and the others i'm pretty sure were expand builds.
and infestors make me cry ;_;
--then again, i wouldn't be surprised if i tried to 3/4 gated you everytime. it was my metagame a while ago lol

ss118

Smash Master
Hey guys! I was going to make a big post introducing who I am but I figure rather than do that it might be easier to just tell you.

http://www.justin.tv/articanus

That is my stream. I will be playing some SC2 in a bit and am looking for any and all advice.

Warning: I am terrible at this game. xD
I want to work my way at least out of Bronze league and push myself to hopefully diamond at some point... and hopefully higher! But that doesn't matter if I don't stop sucking *** atm.

Anyway feel free to watch and comment or whatever. I figured it would be easier than just posting what I need help with.

Thanks in advance to everyone! ^_^

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just pretend it's Pokémon in real-time.

For example, Marine type is 4x super-effective against everything else.

M@v

Subarashii!
yoooo solid whhen you free? I'm super busy this week and next week, so it'd be easier for you to tell me free times.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Yay gimmicky ravens yayyy

You had the right idea at first with the bling bust, sveet. You messed up your execution tho and that's pretty much where you lost. :(

Ggs tho, gotta play again sometime.

j00t

Smash Champion
If anyone can post that comic strip of the normal life of a queen, that would be sweeeeeeeeet

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yay gimmicky ravens yayyy

You had the right idea at first with the bling bust, sveet. You messed up your execution tho and that's pretty much where you lost. :(

Ggs tho, gotta play again sometime.

hahaha probably, yeah. I dont bling bust often enough. I was trying to have lings tank damage but then they just got in the way lmaooo. Actually, my original idea was to take our your expo, then i wanted your main. I was quite indecisive. Thats what happens when you play as late as i did. Small mistakes that add up :p

Yes lets play again sometime!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
My power level is increasing! Finished off yesterday at Rank 6 Silver starting from Rank 40, but I'm guessing I'll be back up to 10 or 15 by the time I get back home.

How does the Bonus Pool work exactly?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Bonus pool goes up 1 point per 2 hours (I believe). When you win, if you have bonus pool, then your BP will match the points that you get from the match. For example, if the MMR difference or whatever means you'll get 12 points for a win, you'll get 24 if you have bonus pool. It basically promotes playing a lot so you keep it down and get the most points possible. That's just kind of a basic and I think I got it right haha.

Omni

BRoomer
It seems to help players keep up if they've been idle for a while.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
It seems to help players keep up if they've been idle for a while.

That's sort of exactly what it does. They do this rather than your MMR since this stat will usually keep going up. Giving the impression that your improving even when your not.

If they did it via real rankings they think a lot of players would get frustrated at their lack of improvement probably. I do think they have the better system for getting more people to play and actually helping them improve though. Showing the real MMR would probably deter a lot of players that aren't truly competitive.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The deadline is extended to the end of Sunday. If you are unable to play at all by then, you're out.

In other news,
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1971759389?page=2#21
Kapeselus said:
Hello to you, Protoss players. I am coming with a gift of information that some of you may find interesting!

We have been looking into the 4gate issue and our designers have played with a lot of different fixes and changes, even those that were not strictly numbers related. While strong, 4gate is a lesser problem in other matchups, but we recognize that PvP is a different story.

Just throwing a nerf bat at warpgates would make protoss weak in early game. This is why we are currently looking at increasing warpgate research time, while at the same time compensating for it with reducing build time of protoss tier 1-1.5 units (though build times reduced only for gateways, cooldowns will stay the same for warpgates). This is an example of a fix you may see, but our developers plan to explore further options, before the patch officially hits.

We will address 4gate in the next patch.
LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've had mixed feelings about the bonus pool. All it accomplishes is giving people a warm fuzzy feeling, as their score will inevitably rise gradually. No matter how bad you are, the game will match you with equally bad people till you win 50%. So your score breaks even, except for the bonus points which make you rise.

It also punishes you for not playing. Because scores will naturally tend to inflate, you will lose rank by not playing for an extended period of time.

What I dislike about bonus points is how it makes it so that you can't use points as a constant measure of skill. Right now if I told you I'm a 1200 pt Masters player, that would be very damn good! But by the end of the season, people easily have over 4k. And considering that MMR is hidden, there is no good, solid, description of your skill that remains comparable.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sure there is. That's what Chess players have been doing for ages! :) Quite successfully. There are always nuances that aren't captured, but systems like ELO work very well. You can go to a Chess player and tell them your rating and give a rather accurate portrayal of how good you are.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

Deadline for the second round match is the end of May 1st. Player info can be found on the OP.

Omni

BRoomer
Is that the build that Idra came up with? I think I saw a video of him using that.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Why do you think he came up with it? Just cause he used it?

and idk, its just my new favorite build

Omni

BRoomer
Ah, there was a tutorial of it on YouTube where a person mentioned that Idra was working on a roach burrow build and refined the BO to a perfect timing. Figured he was the one that brought that BO into play.

M@v

Subarashii!
**** finals. All I gotta say. Sorry solid.

Also my computer crashed again when I tried playing sc2, so Im just going to stop playing until I get my new one.

I hate losing ladder matches because my computer decides to crash. Had to have happened at least 10 times so far.

Top Bottom