• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

_Dice

Smash Ace
OH by the way guys, i'm a SC2 streamer and coach, so if you need any advice feel free to ask me. :) and if you DO want personal lessons we can work out a deal to get them to you cheaply, if you are on the fence about getting a lesson or not, i offer 1 free hour of coaching at the start to see if you want to continue being coached. :)

for free options for getting my help include just asking me questions, i'm always willing to help for free in a Q&A format.

thought i'd explain why i just come in here randomly to give advice then disappear.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Roman won 2-0

im really sad that i dc'd game 2 since it was a base race situation and i had about 10 ravens and only 1 queen as AA. roman definitely had the adv tho. (he even threw down a bm hatch!) but i wanted to see what was gonna happen.

ggs.
:phone:

Roman.

Smash Champion
roman beat kenrawr 2-0

Game 1 - Crevasse

Game 2 - Xel'Naga Caverns

ggs

edit: lol yeah that was a really close ending, i didn't know you disced though... just said you left and i won

but yeah, i think i woulda been able to protect my "bm hatch" (it was really a proxy cause we were base rasing) with my like~ 30 drones and ~15 roaches vs your almost no energy ~20 ravens and my ~7 broodlords and ~6 almost full energy infesters woulda been able to handle your 1 rax production and ~10 scvs lol

although turrets do count as buildings so who knows what woulda happened lol

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Nvm. i totally forgot bout those infesters. i was thiinking i coulda maybe got some vikes out and killed your bl's but that woulda destroyed me lol.

btw i thought the hatch at my gold right after you destroyed was the bm hatch. whoops

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
I played against spanishiwa's style once, and I lost because I had no idea how to counter it since it was my first time against it xD. Mass speedlings is way harder to deal with than I though it was, because its only 2 good counters are immobile as hell(tanks), or you need awesome micro to avoid a surround(blue flame hellions).

Im not listing marines because all he would have to do is get banelings in the mix.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol yeah, Blizzard's experiment at attempting to nerf 4gate while keeping Protoss relevant early game is making everything produce 5 seconds faster from the Gateway while adding 40 to Warp Gate research. Technically this makes Warp Gate have no "true" production speed advantage, since it takes 5 seconds for a unit to warp in, and they only have a 5 second advantage on cooldown vs Gateway production now.

Sion

Island of Horizon
basically i'd say it'd just be for quicker reinforcement, which would be good at expos and stuff (as if it weren't already obvious lol)

but still would change how i play protoss

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh come on, the Archon is clearly all skin and bones. Well, skin, bones, and armor.

Though not giving a **** about Concussive Shells and negating Force Fields is pretty cool.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
itd be cool if they nerf warpgates/buff gateways so that gateways are actually faster for production. Then P players would have to choose how many warp gates they need to defend outlying stuff while using gateways to make their main army.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
archons should be massive. Why the hell should they get fungald

the rest of the changes dont look too bad. Spine crawler pushes might be more viable now

rhan

Smash Hero
I agree with everything on that patch. I always said bunker salvage shouldn't be 100% and having Ghosts cost only 100 in gas can make them easier to obtain since min are easier to gather then gas.

I hope they keep those changes for the next patch.

Nate: It's the Spore Crawler root time that got decreased. Not the Spine Crawler.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
archons should be massive. Why the hell should they get fungald

the rest of the changes dont look too bad. Spine crawler pushes might be more viable now
I thought Massive doesn't make you immune to Fungal Growth. Isn't that unique to the Ultralisk's Frenzied ability?

Also the rooting time change only affects SPORE Crawlers.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yeah collosus and thors still get stuck by fungal

its good that archons will ignore marauder slow, maybe archons can be used vs T

M@v

Subarashii!

Not when I can actually afford ghosts, and get marauders off of 1 base now!

Despite the ghost buff, ankoku still wont use then =P

Besides my bc strat, Im going to start experimenting with 2 gas 3 rax pushes, and early ghost expands.

P.S the spore crawler thing is probably to help deal with cloaked banshee rushes/dt rushes.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The last time I used Ghosts, I EMP'd the air in front of a pack of Colossi.

:urg:

M@v

Subarashii!
Why are you using ghosts vs colossi to begin with >_<.

If you already had a bunch of air units, its fine to throw them in. But air units take precedence vs colossi D:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I was at 200 supply to 120, I figured I'd use the game for some Ghost practice. Didn't really help my confidence when the Ghosts ran in, shot nothing, and got melted, though.

M@v

Subarashii!
NEVER SAY DIE....oh, wait.

And now that I think about it, this ghost buff will make my bc build even better.

Bcs are good, but bcs + ghosts is wtf ownage vs toss.

rhan

Smash Hero

That's lame. I always thought massive units would ignore the fungal. -_________-

So how much damage would be inflicted on a Archon since it's neither bio or mech? I don't feel like calculating the damage right now.

And I don't want to relive the brood war days where I'd randomly see a mass of Archons zapping everything in their path with their splash..

P.S the spore crawler thing is probably to help deal with cloaked banshee rushes/dt rushes
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It's a good idea since it's a semi lengthy process for zerg to get anti air and detectors.

M@v

Subarashii!

And I don't want to relive the brood war days where I'd randomly see a mass of Archons zapping everything in their path with their splash..
Colossi say hi.

MUCH rather deal with mass archons than mass colossi because I can EMP their *****.

3 EMPs and their shields are gone.

Top Bottom